Big Mac

How to make a Roco fit a Moto-Lite?

So, I remember hearing of a few of you who have put Roco's on your ML. How did you do it and what stroke shock did you do it with? I need to upgrade and like the Roco, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't come in the right size. Any help is appreciated and thanks for looking!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    FM should drop in with the details soon... if I remember correctly he used a 7.875x2.25 shock with an extra thick bottom out bumper to keep the stroke at 2"

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    So, I remember hearing of a few of you who have put Roco's on your ML. How did you do it and what stroke shock did you do it with? I need to upgrade and like the Roco, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't come in the right size. Any help is appreciated and thanks for looking!
    Yeah, as Cris said, FM is THA MAN!!

He put a couple rubber washers from the plumbing section or something between the spring retainer and the bottom out bumper.

Err on the side of caution... the seatstay bridge and your seat tube will thank you for it.
    Check my Site

Trophy Husband
    Here's the thread:

Moto Roco
    Extreme stationary biker.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Well, it was Tscheezy's idea in the first place.

Although I think he used whale-blubber instead of plumbing gaskets. Or maybe it was elk cartiledge? Sorry, but I can't find the thread...

mtbr member
    May 2004

The Roco rocks!!!

I think the Roco is the ultimate shock for the Motolite. I love the shock more and more everytime I ride. Nice and stiff for climbs and buttery smooth for descents. You can't go wrong. And in the next couple weeks PUSH will start doing there magic on it. I don't know how is can get any better.

Chris

mtbr member
    May 2004

What fork do you have now?

What fork are you running now? On a recent visit to PUSH I got talking to Darren on the subject of riding height of the rear shock. I explained how I was running the RP3 in back all last year (07 Talas up front -140mm to 100mm) and never had a feeling of OTB on steep downhills. When I switched to the Roco I started noticing the OTB feeling. He explained that they took measurements while just sitting on the bike and while actually out riding around. Seems that the back end was actually higher when riding. That's why I had the OTB feeling, got me to learn the importance of a2c measurements, and eventually to put a 7mm race on the fork to balance everything out.

Chris

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    What fork are you running now? On a recent visit to PUSH I got talking to Darren on the subject of riding height of the rear shock. I explained how I was running the RP3 in back all last year (07 Talas up front -140mm to 100mm) and never had a feeling of OTB on steep downhills. When I switched to the Roco I started noticing the OTB feeling. He explained that they took measurements while just sitting on the bike and while actually out riding around. Seems that the back end was actually higher when riding. That's why I had the OTB feeling, got me to learn the importance of a2c measurements, and eventually to put a 7mm race on the fork to balance everything out.

Chris
    Thanks for the help. I'am running a coil Pike, which is what got me to thinking about a coil in the rear. I have thought about the taller race, not sure on the size though. Any ideas? Thanks again, this is a big help!

Big Mac

Thanks.....

.... to you all for the help, esp. the link to the thread, and please, keep it coming!