Thread: How Lucky?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

How Lucky?

A friend came across a bike shop, in a little place, hard to find and got her bike serviced there. I then had my old hard tail serviced there, when needed. A few years later a new member of staff, now my riding patrner(Kona Kolier) needs some new parts, go back to the old shop and the owner is riding a Titus. Never heard of them. Turns out he is a distubuter for Indonesia. Don't have enough to buy one and end up buying a KHS. Andy the LBS owner is a top man, turns out, and any time I need an upgrade, instead of holding in stock until I can afford it, lets me have it and I pay him monthly untill the bill is paid. Intrest free. Suddenly, I come into a bit of cash and he just getting the new Motolites, but would I prefer the EG instead for the same money... This is when I happened opon the Titus forum... From the advice here , my black adonized , medium moto 2 is on its way from the states and a fox 32 talas. the good thing is i will pay for the frame in september and pay off the fork untill xmas. good service always reeps the rewards. I send everyone his way and even got him a mention in the jakarta buying guide. Also my Dad just bought the full xtr groupset off him. If I need a ride budy on the weekend , I also get to ride with the shops mechs too, who are crazy...The point is : a shop in a small town in Indonesia selling Titus, finding the best mtbr forum on the web, fantasic shop and service, a little bit of extra cash, a good riding budy and great riding. Is it a bit of Titus magic?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nice story... it's always good to have more than a customer/seller relation with the LBS.... nice to have great ridding buddies and support the local shop

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by dareverend
    The point is : a shop in a small town in Indonesia selling Titus, finding the best mtbr forum on the web, fantasic shop and service, a little bit of extra cash, a good riding budy and great riding. Is it a bit of Titus magic?
    Life's good, uh??!

Congrats, bro!!

Thanks for sharing.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    cool man..
    you are gonna love it

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    tic toc as all mountain has already said. I was almost tempted with the green, but stealth got the better of me. Did i mention , Andy(before purchase) ran out and grabbed a couple of beers for me , because I fancied a few(hard day). I thought we would be sharing , but the 2 were for me as he doesn't drink. If you are ever this way, give me a shout and come ride with some of the most open and given mtbrers I have come across. Recently, my riding buddy was out on major hack, when some one fell down. Three of the group said 'tuff ****", thankfully my freind went back and helped him out. when i rode with them with my big ass khs (they all had 3 inch xc monsters, and were loaded expats), i was always last , but always had the feeling they didn't like me holding them up. Not into that vibe. However, riding with the local LBS..... The last time I got my shocks checked, I said what do you think, the mech road it out of the shop floor, took a 3 foot jump to the car park and manualed to the end of the car prak and back and then send a little more air is needed. This is the same bloke I came across taking an older lady round our local track, stopping to carry her bike down steep descents. I followed them to the tea stop, overlooking the padi feilds. She was most concerned with a little cut I had picked up and not noticed, and broke out her first aid kit to patch me up. We shared some tea and rode on. This is what riding is about and I have stopped riding with the gps, expats and their $6000 bikes. All the LBS chaps can ride the ****ing pants off them , but they don't have enough money to trawl to the good spots.although when I have my new mono, I am going cladistine with a gps for a few trips, hire a big truck and then they can bite my arse.

mtbr member
    It's always nice to find good LBS. Bagus Bike is certainly one of them. Friendly atmosphere all around there.

Another good shop is Sinar Bangka. Honest mechanic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi
    It's always nice to find good LBS. Bagus Bike is certainly one of them. Friendly atmosphere all around there.

Another good shop is Sinar Bangka. Honest mechanic.
    I am talking about Bagus Bikes... Where are you from?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Good job! Bagus Bikes location

Quote Originally Posted by dareverend
    I am talking about Bagus Bikes... Where are you from?
    Hi dareverend, I'm passing through Jakarta for one day next Thursday, where is the exact location of Bagus Bikes?
    I'll be staying at the Hotel Kristal.
    Ride an ML myself....
    Any value for money outdoor clothing (like Columbia Salomon etc.) shops in Jakarta?
    Sorry that is off the topic...
    Goatman
    - It's not the destination that counts but how you get there -

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    will get back to you with the address etc Good food in the Kristal hotel pub

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    http://www.bagusbike.com/ address is on the website. prob about half an hour from the kristal. prob a good idea to call the owner andi on 0816772789 befrore u go to make sure he has what u want. it is only a very small shop but he can get most things in a day or 2. try Manga Dua shopping centre for the clothes. copies and end of factory runs. mega cheap and excellent quality.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks mate really appreciate that!
    Funny vibe that some expats have....there are a few of those characters out on the remote mine where I work....
    You will love the ML, have had mine for almost 2 years now and still just makes me want to ride more and more!
    Goatman
    - It's not the destination that counts but how you get there -