F-meister
    Jun 2004

How do they do it (pricewise) ?

Just ordered EG with CCDB 1089,98. Shock is 585 at Jenson so frame alone cost 504 $!!!!??? Comparable frame , lets say Banshee Rune (also from Jenson) is 1999,99. How can it be possible (unless they build them in some remote region of Kazakhstan)?
    I was afraid they would charge me extra that's why did not ask Brant about it .

BTW FTM carbon 799, Fireline Ti 949 ???
    I'm going to call Better Business Bureau for reverse price gouging!!!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

How do they do it (pricewise) ?

Quote Originally Posted by dudek View Post
    Just ordered EG with CCDB 1089,98. Shock is 585 at Jenson so frame alone cost 504 $!!!!??? Comparable frame , lets say Banshee Rune (also from Jenson) is 1999,99. How can it be possible (unless they build them in some remote region of Kazakhstan)?
    I was afraid they would charge me extra that's why did not ask Brant about it .

BTW FTM carbon 799, Fireline Ti 949 ???
    I'm going to call Better Business Bureau for reverse price gouging!!!
    Retail pricing for the shock at Jenson.

OEM price for the shock supplied with the frame, plus consumer direct sales.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    No bike shops= all the mark up is gone. It's expensive to keep those lights on in those shops and to pay those employees. I don't really agree with that sales model but I'm not the one piloting the ship at Titus.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Retail markup on most items is at least 2x, sometime 3x. Don't you ever wonder how a store can have a pair of jeans/shoes etc selling for $100 and 3 months later its on sale for 40% off??? Even at sales prices they're making a margin on the merchandise. Just not enough that they can sell all their items for those discounts and stay in business.

So if you think about it, Giant(bike co) probably sells a bike to their shops for $1500 and the shops sell em for $2500. You pay the shop as the middle man. But if something goes wrong you're not sending emails to a company 2500 miles away and dealing via phone to get sorted out. There is a trade off. Personally, I'll take the cheaper frame prices.