mtbr member
    Jan 2004

HH100 overhaul...

I've got a HH100...really enjoy this bike, but now I am antsy for new stuff. So, since I can't afford a new frame (really no need at all for one), I will change all my bushings and bearings. I will try to change over my "heavy" bolts to lighter ones. My rear triangle has dents in it...can the new RX carbon rear be used on my HH100?? Any weight savings or performance issues?

Do It Yourself
    How is it spec'ed out? Have you thought about just a new shock or fork? New and improved suspension would dramatically change the ride. Maybe freshen her up to rekindle your love. Maybe PUSH your Fox shock or if you don't have a Fox, get one form PUSH.

But yeah, the rear from a new RX should fit a HH just fine and adds a bit of tire clearance if you don't already have the FR chainstays. Check Titus to be sure. See your favorite dealer for costs.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    As I recall Titus saved .25 lb from the Al rear 05 model to the carbon fiber/Al 06 rear. Not sure how much of the .25 lb was due to other changes in the front triangle.

Expect a maximum of .25 lb decrease with the carbon fiber/Al 06 rear.