Thread: Hey Flyer!!!!!!

Ti is addictive

Hey Flyer!!!!!!

Just saw Speedgoat list a Large Motolite on their closeout page.......Good Luck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    When I called they said they didn't have it- then it showed up on their website. So I called them again and they said it was out but now it's on the site again. HOWEVER, I did find a sweet price on a Ventana El Saltamontes and pulled the trigger on it. It's on the way today and I am considering springing for the 5" rockers. I had to break down and get SOMETHING in Large and have it ship out today Seriously though, I do think I'll really like the El Salt- just not 100% sure yet about running it in the 5" configuration. Funny thing is that in 5" config, the geometry gets really close to the Moto in 5" but I don't want it to feel too tall.

Let's see what's next. Obviously, I'm not into saving my money this year. SO, if the Titus gathering works out for me datewise, look for the the guy with a black Ventana El Saltamontes unless I have something longer travel by then. Already having a 4" travel bike (or rather, two with one capable of converting), I should probably either look at something over 5" or a 29er. 575 has 5.75, Five Spot has 5.3, 29er...well, it's a 29er and different enough. Titus will also have some surprises coming up. I'll re-target after Interbike. The 2007 choices will be clear AND the remaining 2006s will be bargains.

ಠ_ಠ
    yep, better to wait at this point.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    When I called they said they didn't have it- then it showed up on their website. So I called them again and they said it was out but now it's on the site again. HOWEVER, I did find a sweet price on a Ventana El Saltamontes and pulled the trigger on it. It's on the way today and I am considering springing for the 5" rockers. I had to break down and get SOMETHING in Large and have it ship out today Seriously though, I do think I'll really like the El Salt- just not 100% sure yet about running it in the 5" configuration. Funny thing is that in 5" config, the geometry gets really close to the Moto in 5" but I don't want it to feel too tall.

Let's see what's next. Obviously, I'm not into saving my money this year. SO, if the Titus gathering works out for me datewise, look for the the guy with a black Ventana El Saltamontes unless I have something longer travel by then. Already having a 4" travel bike (or rather, two with one capable of converting), I should probably either look at something over 5" or a 29er. 575 has 5.75, Five Spot has 5.3, 29er...well, it's a 29er and different enough. Titus will also have some surprises coming up. I'll re-target after Interbike. The 2007 choices will be clear AND the remaining 2006s will be bargains.

Get the 5" rockers, yo...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, I'll wait for Interbike. I really don't want to be kicking myself if something "perfect" comes out. I'd like to get the 5" rockers. Ya think I should, huh?

With the 5" rockers, I hear the BB goes to 13.7 and the HA is around 69.5. However, the wheelbase is 42.9, which is what makes me worry just a little. With that sort of geometry, a WB of 44 or 44.5 seems to be ideal. Some riders don't like it with 5" rockers while others do so this may just have to be a trial and error thing.

ಠ_ಠ
    whoa, that does sound like a motolite.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I know- it sure does. Actually, extending the fork will prob change the wheelbase to a little over 43". On paper, it is very, very, close to the ML in the 5" config.