Thread: He's here.

mtbr member

He's here.

Got my new El Guapo today. Still have a few tweaks(rotors, etc), but he's looking good.

Check it out at:

http://clydesdalespost.blogspot.com/...to-family.html

Neg reppers r my biatches
    yep, i was in the shop yesterday and saw it. was hanging out in the back of the shop and was talking to him when he was putting the bike together....very nice

searcher
    Real beauty! What did you ride before?
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Real beauty! What did you ride before?
    I still have my Loco-Moto(2001). Over the years I've built it up to be pretty strong - Titus replaced my frame in 2004(I broke it), I added big spoke Mavic Crossmax wheels, DHX Air Shock, and Talas Fork.

The El Guapo is still a much beefier bike.

My initial impression is that I'm a little slower on the climbs on the EG(it tracks pretty well), but much faster and stable on the downhills. Lots of fun.http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/smile5.gif

Ti is addictive
    Very Nice.....the more I see the 09 EG's the more I think I should have waited and got one of those.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Very Nice.....the more I see the 09 EG's the more I think I should have waited and got one of those.
    FT TE, what does the '09 Al Guapa have that the '08 Ti doesn't? It's not like it would fit in better with your fleet...

huckie - Sweet ride! Hope you can go all pinkbike on your wheels and let us know how the CBs survive hucking off a loading dock! And keep the cello on your Titus headbadge as long as you can...

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld
    FT TE, what does the '09 Al Guapa have that the '08 Ti doesn't? It's not like it would fit in better with your fleet...
    The 09 Al Guapo shed a fair amount of weight from the 08. That was the main reason for the Ti version as it came in closer to the original target weight. Also it would have saved me quite a few dollars as well that I could have spend on something like a FTM.

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    The 09 Al Guapo shed a fair amount of weight from the 08. That was the main reason for the Ti version as it came in closer to the original target weight. Also it would have saved me quite a few dollars as well that I could have spend on something like a FTM.
    Another bike is a noble goal. But what would Chad have taken pictures of on his porch if you had been able to wait?? I could say I regret not waiting for the '08s to come up on Chainlove, but more time with the bike counts for a lot!

Does anyone have weights for the '09 Al frames? Your medium Ti is 7.42lb, my (powdercoated) large is 7.94lb, both with RP23s.

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by huckie
    I still have my Loco-Moto(2001). Over the years I've built it up to be pretty strong - Titus replaced my frame in 2004(I broke it), I added big spoke Mavic Crossmax wheels, DHX Air Shock, and Talas Fork.

The El Guapo is still a much beefier bike.

My initial impression is that I'm a little slower on the climbs on the EG(it tracks pretty well), but much faster and stable on the downhills. Lots of fun.http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/smile5.gif
    Well, congrats on your ride man, it is really, really nice. Those wheels are sick, too.

If I was about to buy a bike just now, it would be very difficult to decide between the EG and the FTM. The terrain where I rode is just made for the FTM, and doesnt really requires 6 inches but looking at this Handsome Mofo, and it just wanna make me ride instantly!
    Kovi

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld
    Another bike is a noble goal. But what would Chad have taken pictures of on his porch if you had been able to wait?? I could say I regret not waiting for the '08s to come up on Chainlove, but more time with the bike counts for a lot!

Does anyone have weights for the '09 Al frames? Your medium Ti is 7.42lb, my (powdercoated) large is 7.94lb, both with RP23s.

I know, I love having the bike for the last year. From my understanding they were able to shed close to a third of a pound from last years frame. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ti EG......its just the nagging part of my brain that says coulda shoulda woulda done this.

mtbr member
    Oooo. Very nice man. I love the burnt orange bits and Iodine wheels against the silver frame. Nice work.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Well, congrats on your ride man, it is really, really nice. Those wheels are sick, too.

If I was about to buy a bike just now, it would be very difficult to decide between the EG and the FTM. The terrain where I rode is just made for the FTM, and doesnt really requires 6 inches but looking at this Handsome Mofo, and it just wanna make me ride instantly!
    The EG is serious poison. Sold my ML the week after the EG was setup

I'm still riding a lot of xc trails, by setting the front low (zero stack headset), minimizing spacers beneath stem, it feels more like a a 5" bike than 6. But u know the 6x6 is there when u need it.

The pedal bob even when standing (propedal off) is noticeably less than any Horst link bikes (or most other bikes I tried).

Just makes u want to ride it faster and tempt u to do a lot of "bad" things with it. Ouch! Im still recovering.........

...and Huckie, Nice rig there