mtbr member

Help with thread search

A while back I remember seeing a thread where the red lockout lever on Fox Forx were hitting the underside of the downtube on Racer-X/Hammerhead when the handlebar turned too much. I tried to search for it, but I couldn't find it. If anyone can point me to it, I would greatly appreciate it. A friend's HH is running into this and I'm trying to help. I can't remember if there was a solution to it or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    A while back I remember seeing a thread where the red lockout lever on Fox Forx were hitting the underside of the downtube on Racer-X/Hammerhead when the handlebar turned too much. I tried to search for it, but I couldn't find it. If anyone can point me to it, I would greatly appreciate it. A friend's HH is running into this and I'm trying to help. I can't remember if there was a solution to it or not.
    It was actually a custom Seven Teres if I remember correctly. It's the same problem anyway. I believe it was done with a dremel tool. You can also stack the headset more but that will change the bike geometry.
    Last edited by Braids; 08-18-2006 at 11:22 AM.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    A friend's HH is running into this and I'm trying to help. I can't remember if there was a solution to it or not.
    Can't help on finding the thread (at least this quick), but there's a solution to this issue.

Ventana makes some baseplate spacers (4mm and 7mm sizes available)

You can find info here
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Warp, thanx for the quick solution. If you do find the thread, let me know.

Do It Yourself
    It looks like he could dial in a couple more clicks of rebound damping and it would clear. The Ventana race would definitely do the trick though.
    Long Live Long Rides