mtbr member
    May 2006

HELP!!! Need advice on how to sell my Motolite in Europe

I'm based in Europe and want to sell my 2006 Motolite w/RP23 in Europe.

I put in on auction on ebay UK but didn't hit the reserve. I re-listed a couple of days ago.

Any other sites/places where I can advertise??

I checked the Classifieds on mtbr but this is mainly for people living in the US.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

ps. below is the bike description in case anyone interested

"This is an excellent high-end all mountain bike (frame only costs GBP 1450 new - I paid a little over GBP 3000 for the complete bike) and it's highly spec-ed as well with revelation fork, thomson stem and seat post, juicy 7 hydraulic brakes, etc. I bought it late 2006 hence it came with the new 2007 Fox RP23 rear shock. Used it less than 20 times, so as you can imagine it's in very good condition (photos upon request). A few scratches here and there but you get those even from the first couple of rides. I am a weekend rider, but haven't had the time to ride much during the winter. I hope the guy who finally gets it will be a worthier rider than me.

Reason for selling is simply no time to bike with 3 kids, a wife and 2 dogs!!

The bike will sell at a very reasonable price to make a quick sale.

Buyer can pick up bike in person or arrangements can be made to deliver using courier of mutual consent. Buyer pays for delivery.

Bike is presently on auction on ebay UK but will be available in a few days if not sold.

Titus Motolite is an award winner model on
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/allmtn_full_suspension/

Below are the bike specs. I will include instruction manuals for frame, rear
    shock and fork.

frame - 2006 Motolite Medium with the new RP23 rear shock, color gray.
    fork - 2006 RS Revelation 426 Air U-Turn 100-130mm with poploc.
    headset - Cane Creek S-3
    stem - Thomson, 100mm
    handlebar - Ritchey SC
    grips - WTB
    f.derailleur - Shimano LX
    r.derailleur - Sram X.9
    shifters - Sram X.7 triggers
    crankset - Truvativ Stylo XR GXP, including bottom brackets
    chain - Sram 9 speed PC-971
    cassette - SRAM PG980 or PG970, 11-34
    brakeset/levers/cables - 2006 Avid Juicy 7 Disc
    front tire - Kenda folding bead, 2.35"
    rear tire - Kenda folding bead, 2.35"
    wheelset - Shimano XT hubs laced to Mavic XM 317 disc
    seatpost - Thomson Elite
    saddle - WTB rocket V race
    ++

If you are interested please email me on mike.flysurfer@gmx.co.uk and mikeiacovides@hotmail.com "

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Mike

I've just sold a three month old Moto Lite with XTR, X0 and top spec Fox Talas forks for 1950 to give you some idea of the price on used bikes. I think if you're going to sell your bike, you should at least tell people what sort of price you're looking for. With the spec you have on your bike, I would think you are probably looking in the region of 1,000ish.

To raise cash quickly, you will probably be better off splitting the bike, especially as most people in the UK I know who ride Titus (me included), would rather import a frame from the US and get change from 1200.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by salad_dodger
    Mike

I've just sold a three month old Moto Lite with XTR, X0 and top spec Fox Talas forks for 1950 to give you some idea of the price on used bikes. I think if you're going to sell your bike, you should at least tell people what sort of price you're looking for. With the spec you have on your bike, I would think you are probably looking in the region of 1,000ish.

To raise cash quickly, you will probably be better off splitting the bike, especially as most people in the UK I know who ride Titus (me included), would rather import a frame from the US and get change from 1200.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info mate.

Well, I want to be as reasonable as possible on the price so for a bike that was worth a little over GBP 3000 half a year ago and spec-ed as mine I think something around the region of GBP 1250-1350 would actually be a good deal for the buyer.

Where did you sell yours??

Cheers,

Mike

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I sold it the same place you are advertising yours - singletrackworld. I had some silly offers of a 1000 for the complete bike but there was no way I was going to let it go for that! While I completely agree with what you think your bikes worth, you need to remember that used bike prices are rubbish (it appears even more so for bling bikes), and you need to prepare yourself for a big loss on what you originally paid, especially as someone who has the time to surf the net looking for the best prices could build the exact same bike as you're advertising for less than 2k.

If I were you, I'd stick it on ebay with a starting price of 995 with no reserve and then keep your fingers crossed. Oh, get some photos on your singletrack advert if you can, and I'll also keep asking the odd question on the ST classifieds so your advert stays near the top of the page.... Finally, on the main forum page of ST, start a thread titled "How much is my Moto Lite worth" as this will make a few other people aware that you're trying to sell it. Very best of luck and don't give up!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by salad_dodger
    I sold it the same place you are advertising yours - singletrackworld. I had some silly offers of a 1000 for the complete bike but there was no way I was going to let it go for that! While I completely agree with what you think your bikes worth, you need to remember that used bike prices are rubbish (it appears even more so for bling bikes), and you need to prepare yourself for a big loss on what you originally paid, especially as someone who has the time to surf the net looking for the best prices could build the exact same bike as you're advertising for less than 2k.

If I were you, I'd stick it on ebay with a starting price of 995 with no reserve and then keep your fingers crossed. Oh, get some photos on your singletrack advert if you can, and I'll also keep asking the odd question on the ST classifieds so your advert stays near the top of the page.... Finally, on the main forum page of ST, start a thread titled "How much is my Moto Lite worth" as this will make a few other people aware that you're trying to sell it. Very best of luck and don't give up!

Thanks mate. You almost got me there ;-)

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You've confused me now - do you think I'm trying to wind you up or something?! You asked for advice and I've told you how I sold my bike successfully on the same forum as you're advertising your bike. If you think my comment about building the same bike as you have for less than 2k was meant to be cheeky (if you do then I apologise), you're mistaken. My friend has just bought a 2007 frame on ebay for 750 and all the other components from german bike shops and he had change from 1800, so it really is that simple. In addition, I've just bought a Racer X from Argee on the singletrackworld classifieds for 750 and kitted it out with 2007 XTR cranks, shifters and mech, ZTR olympic wheels, Formula Oro brakes and Reba's for a total build cost of 2150.

Once again, I was genuinely trying to offer constructive advice to you and was not trying to offend you.