mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Help Me Find an Old Thread

I'm remembering a thread where someone had detailed, step by step pictures of a brand new build. It was either a Motolite or a Racer X, I'm pretty sure, and it was blue. Anyone remember the thread title? I've tried lots of different search terms to no avail.

Also, my fork is now mounted, it's amazing how much more like a bicycle the ML frame looks with the fork, headset and stem attached. Wheel bits should be in this weekend, I might have a new ML on the trail as early as two weekends from now!

David B.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Motolite Exogrid build step by step

I posted this a while back. Only blue were the Park tools, though.

Building a full suspension bike-Step by Step

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    I posted this a while back. Only blue were the Park tools, though.

Building a full suspension bike-Step by Step

Thank you so much. Not quite true on the blue though, it was your blue Racer X I remembered.

This will come in very handy soon, I only have wheels left and then... time to build! Yeah!

One quick question. If the obligatory CK headset was "thrown in" when I bought the fork, does its list price count towards the $300 headset/stem/bars handleyourbikeoryouraposer figure?

David B.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Bikerbob..... That was some very fine work! If you ever do that again you should video tape it and post it on youtube.....It would certainly help many riders and Titus owners. Also it would be cool if you could video tape bearing maintaince and or replacement.

Thanks Bob, your awsome!

Sopwithcamel

what's that rattle?

good times

That thread was hilarious! I should have followed the instructions a little more closely with the build I did last night, though. While cleaning up empties this morning I found about eight inches of cable housing in inch-or-shorter lengths and three allen wrenches in the couch...

My head hurts.