mtbr member
    May 2005

Help with last part please...

Building new ti racer-x Friday. Need to choose my bar. Can anybody help point me towards the strongest first, then lightest low rise bar? Easton SL on order, but could easily switch. XC? Raceface? I've never had, so don't yet fully trust a carbon bar. the Raceface seems to rise then flatten out, the Easton seems to continue the slope to the bar end.
    Suggestions?

180 lb non-hucker.
    Thanks>

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Building new ti racer-x Friday. Need to choose my bar. Can anybody help point me towards the strongest first, then lightest low rise bar? Easton SL on order, but could easily switch. XC? Raceface? I've never had, so don't yet fully trust a carbon bar. the Raceface seems to rise then flatten out, the Easton seems to continue the slope to the bar end.
    Suggestions?

180 lb non-hucker.
    Thanks>

I've seen the Answer Pro-Taper take hits in Aggro XC hits with no complains. I'd rely on that one.

It's expensive, though.

The one Titus used to sell (Maxm), used to get good reviews... maybe Bikerbob, Charles or Chad may have one laying around.
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    I love my Maxm bar, used to have 2 but I sold one of them on my Salsa before I realized no more production for this year. My Ti-RX for this year is using a FSA K-force xc. Strong as heck, but not that light, thinkin of changin it to the RaceFace Next SL low riser on my next order to Chad, good for at least 20 grams less and is narrower like my old Maxm bar. If Titus brings Maxm back for 07, hopefully the bar will return, cause it was great bang for buck in terms of weight and durability. Doubtful if you can find an 06 Maxm bar unless you find some obscure store with one hidden in the display cabinet cause the high school kid working there only knows Easton or RaceFace(LOL)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I ride with an Easton sl riser on my ML and like it very much. Very stiff and super light. I ride pretty technical stuff with no big drops. I'm 165 w/o gear. I also have an Answer pro taper on another bike. Light and strong as well but a bit more flex. Like em both though.
    I wasn't able to locate a Maxm when I built up my ML this winter.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks all. I post pics of the new build when done. Coming from a Moots with full ti everything (bars, stem, seatpost). Never considered carbon for some reason.

N8!
    mtbr member
    this is how I rawk my 29er Exo Rx...