Thread: Help ID my hub

mtbr member

Help ID my hub

OK, here's a photo of the DT Swiss on my '07 Motolite. This is the only marking on the hub, no model number or anything I can find - and there's nothing that matches it on the website.

Ultimately I was hoping to find a conversion kit so make this hub 15mm or 20mm to accommodate a TA fork without have to buy a whole new hub and wheel rebuild.

Any help appreciated.

"El Whatever"
    Cerit??

I'm just guessing...
    Check my Site

banned
    Best way to go is to see if you can find type of stampings and call DT Swiss.

What makes this one interesting is my first response to say it was an Onyx, but those hubs aren't supposed to be labeled as "DT SWISS", just DT, due to strict laws and enforcement by the swiss on what can be marked as such. Unless there was an exemption due to the company's name...

So that narrows it down, maybe. The other piece of this question is the center section seems small, which could make it difficult for a 20mm, as the graduation could follow that dimension for the bearing opening (larger, larger bearing opening, smaller, smaller bearing opening). I would recommend opening it up, measuring the inside and outside races, then heading to Enduro's site and see what's up and if they have something there.

The next thing is you'd need adapters, and unless you can make them, they have to come from DT, and who knows if they are even made.

mtbr member
    After closer inspection I did find this "L 07 03 N" printed in very small type on the outside of the hub. Guess I'll try emailing DT Swiss.

mtbr member
    And just for some closure, the guys at DT Swiss got back to me and they are in fact OEM versions of the 370 hub. Unfortunately they do not have a conversion kit to 15mm or 20mm like the 240's do.

Thanks all for the help. On to Shimano, Hadley, or King

Members who have read this thread: 0