Bodhisattva

Help for a friend: PSI for Motolite RP3?

A buddy of mine has a Motolite and needs help setting his RP3. He's currently on vacation, starting messing with the preload, and doesn't know what it was or how to set sag. I've done it for him in the past but can't remember the pressure.

He weighs about 200 lbs all suited up.

thanks.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What sort of fool would ride a Moto Lite ?~?

I ran 170 in my RP23 at 220 pounds + beers + gonad pack

Ti is addictive
    Also important is what size frame is your buddy riding, the small frames have shorter shock resulting in higher pressures needed then the med and large.I'm 190 lbs and run my small at 175-180 lbs
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Bodhisattva
    It's a medium frame.

― Albert Einstein

thats right living legend
    I ran an Rp3 up until a couple months ago, but I can't for the life of me remember anything regarding psi. I'd just run a 1/2" sag and call it a day. I never trust shock pumps any way.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    I ran an Rp3 up until a couple months ago, but I can't for the life of me remember anything regarding psi. I'd just run a 1/2" sag and call it a day. I never trust shock pumps any way.
    Agree 100%
    But he's on vacation in Vail and has no idea how to set sag. He's Sofa King Re Todd Id that way.

― Albert Einstein

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Agree 100%
    But he's on vacation in Vail and has no idea how to set sag. He's Sofa King Re Todd Id that way.
    Squeak... start with 90% body weight... I'm 145 and use 135psi for 25% travel on my SB. That's like 93%. The ML has a similar leverage ratio (if not equal at 2.5:1).

If he's more of a XC racer, make it 95% (190psi). If he's more of a trail rider, then make it 90%(180psi).

Hope it helps...
    Check my Site

Trophy Husband
    You should tell him to toss that rp3 into the bin and install a Roco Air, pronto!
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Squeak... start with 90% body weight... I'm 145 and use 135psi for 25% travel on my SB. That's like 93%. The ML has a similar leverage ratio (if not equal at 2.5:1).

If he's more of a XC racer, make it 95% (190psi). If he's more of a trail rider, then make it 90%(180psi).

Hope it helps...

Wow, that sounds way to high. I rode a RP2 and found that (when new) that the best ride came from about 75% body weight. This was on a medium ML complete. I am ~200 lbs and used ~150 lbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    You should tell him to toss that rp3 into the bin and install a Roco Air, pronto!
    I like you.