mtbr member
    Jul 2006

... and if we just ... Hellllllllpppp!!!!1

I'm sitting here, having ordered a blue Titus Motolite frame, waiting for a phone call from the shop to say it is in...ahhhhhhhhhhhh. It's agony: Please offer me words of comfort in these trying times.

mtbr member
    uh.. good things come to those who wait...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey74
    I'm sitting here, having ordered a blue Titus Motolite frame, waiting for a phone call from the shop to say it is in...ahhhhhhhhhhhh. It's agony: Please offer me words of comfort in these trying times.
    Keep the grin going Mikey74 as I got the call last thursday. I drove 3 hours round trip to check it out. For the positives the blue is a nice color, the orange peel effect was not. Freaking pacific bikes at wallmart don't even have orange peel paint! I picked up on the seat and there was at least 1mm of play in the rear shock reducers . It shipped with the rp23 and I sure hope it's truly better or should I say as durable as the rp3 as it's a bit smaller and the propedal on off switch was waaay to loose. The 07 talsas RLC looked quite sweet if I do say so myself beautiful dark grey. The shop owner got on the phone with Fox and Fox is sending a new reducer kit. Hopefully this makes it tight cuz they'll have to pull that cash from my dead hands until it is. Hey, maybe it's supposed to be loose what the hell do I know?,....but me don't think so. I may be a bit anal but 3500.00 is a lot of cabbage for a bike that is not right. Anyway you might want to check this out on yours. Hopefully yours will be just fine. This was a small by the way.
    When your girlfriends Mother french kisses you hello....Now that's friendly!

screamer

RP3 vs RP23

I have the RP23 on my ML, and the "loose" feeling you're talking about for the ProPedal lever is not really an issue; this play is completely normal. It does click into position with a very positive detent, and doesn't pop out or become dislodged once it's there; some people had this problem with the RP3. I've been using the lever a lot, and I'm really happy with the shock overall. There is a very noticable difference between on/off settings, and I think a substantial improvement over the RP3. Also the lever itself feels much more sturdy and better machined.

Sorry to hear about the other woes. Hopefully you get it sorted soon! I had a bit of a wait also, neurotically checking my email every 3 minutes, but it was well worth the nail-biting! The bike absolutely rails!

"Its All Good"
    Mikey Mike, trust me, it wil be worth the wait. Just treat yourself to foreplay and read the posts and see the ML spec builds etc............... It was heaven seeing the frame in the flesh the first time, had never seen a MotoLite frame etc in the flesh, seen some great things in the flesh , but this rated up there also......................

The wait makes it worth it, its all about the chase generally, but the catch is worth it on this one............

Let us know when it arrives, along with pics..................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Get out of town!
    One time my brother ordered a Ventana El Salt and it arrived with a dent in the top tube. That was a real let down, he was all like: "welp, back to square one!" He was right too. Another 3 or 4 weeks before they were able to get him the replacement. I'm sure you will have much better luck though. :-|

*just messing with ya. it will be here before you know it...unless you are like me and every day feels like a year because you constantly wonder if "today is the big day."

*just messing with ya.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

"El Whatever"
    Please offer me words of comfort in these trying times.
    No effing way... it'll be agony until your frame hits home.

It'll be like watching paint dry on the wall or a more accurate description will be that it'll be like if would have sent to hell in the company of Mr. T.

However... when you got it, it'll be like spending two weeks at the French Riviera with Elisha Cuthbert, all expenses paid.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Oh Mikey I forgot to tell you. It only took three weeks for it to come in and the weeks flew.
    When your girlfriends Mother french kisses you hello....Now that's friendly!

Ti is addictive

Patience, all good things(especially Titus-things ) come to those who wait. Seems to me delivery times are much better then a few months ago especially if you're getting rp23 and 07 Fox Talas trinkets with the new motolite.

"Its All Good"
    Be like I was............... [SIZE="4"]Cool as a cucumber..............Like a whole lotta Fonzies...........[/SIZE]

Yeah right Whafe, more like a huge jiant impatient thing, it was like watching the grass grow or pain dry......................... [SIZE="3"]But F%&%$!K it was worth it[/SIZE]
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Mikey I am in the same boat my friend...been waiting now for just over a month. I am told it should be here in a couple of days....but believe me, without this TSG (titus support group) I don't know how I would have survived.

Question for those of you who have just recieved your ML....I specifically orderd mine with an 07 talas rlc but didn't really "ask" for the RP23.....what are the chances thats what will be coming on it? it sure would be nice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the support folks, I'm sure it'll be here soon.

Do the new ones come with a new version of the RP3 then? The demo bike I rode had a standard RP3; What is the difference?

All this waiting is just giving me time to question my purchase and look around at other options, but you folks have convinced me to stick with the Motolite...

"Its All Good"

Do the new ones come with a new version of the RP3 then? The demo bike I rode had a standard RP3; What is the difference?

All this waiting is just giving me time to question my purchase and look around at other options, but you folks have convinced me to stick with the Motolite...
    In theory, you should get an RP23 instead of the older RP3. I got my ML almost the last week of June, Titus informed me that they did not have the RP23s in stock as yet, I see some MLs with them now though. So you should get the RP23

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've just heard that my frame is in the country (England that is) yayyyyyyy, so I should be able to go ridin' next weekend. Wooohooo.

Still a little concerned whether or not to go for something with 6 inches of travel instead....hmmmmm decisions eh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steveball23
    Mikey I am in the same boat my friend...been waiting now for just over a month. I am told it should be here in a couple of days....but believe me, without this TSG (titus support group) I don't know how I would have survived.

Question for those of you who have just recieved your ML....I specifically orderd mine with an 07 talas rlc but didn't really "ask" for the RP23.....what are the chances thats what will be coming on it? it sure would be nice!
    The three ML frames that my friends and I got all had RP23. The chances are that you should be getting it as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike to the Bone...
    ...Still a little concerned whether or not to go for something with 6 inches of travel instead....hmmmmm decisions eh?
    Nahh, you won't be disapointed. You really don't need that extra inch when the bike handling is so sweet

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Nahh, you won't be disapointed. You really don't need that extra inch when the bike handling is so sweet
    Bro, keep your 6 inches in ya pants, this 5 inch stead will not dissapoint, I assure you of that. You will be stoked come next weekend...................... The virgin ride on the MotoLite...

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Bro, keep your 6 inches in ya pants, this 5 inch stead will not dissapoint, I assure you of that. You will be stoked come next weekend...................... The virgin ride on the MotoLite...

Mate, I gotta love your avatar...
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Mate, I gotta love your avatar...
    I pondered on this avatar, but it was all in aid of understanding plural Titus, which equals Titi.

Hope it doesnt offend anyone, if I head into the womans forum I will get strung up am sure.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    I

Hope it doesnt offend anyone, if I head into the womans forum I will get strung up am sure.

Have you seen some of thier's... They got no room to talk "ha ha"!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Have you seen some of thier's... They got no room to talk "ha ha"!
    True point there, some of their's are out there for sure................

screamer
    No problem. That's what we're here for; one big, gooey, support group! Dr. Phil, move over.

The RP23 should be stock by now. The main difference is the propedal lever. The RP3 had three settings (on, off, medium), whereas the RP23 has only two (on & off). However, by rotating a knob you can set the threshold or firmness of the "on" position, so that it has three settings (firm, medium firm, and extra firm). For example, if you're doing a fire road climb to get to the fun stuff, you'd flip the lever on. If this was a buff trail, you might set the knob to extra firm; if there were some rough spots you knew were coming up you might set it to medium; and if there was a lot of loose material, you might set it to the least firm. Then when you get to the top, flip the lever off and get all the plush goodness you can possibly want for the descent! Personally, I set the knob beforehand and forget about it, then just use the lever on the ride to switch between on & off modes. It's a lot more useful, I think, than having a lever with three settings, and trying to fiddle with it mid-ride. I heard that there might have been some valving changes in the RP23 relative to the RP3 that result in a more plush shock, but I can't confirm this. Feels plenty plush to me.

Somewhere I heard this phrase, "stay the course." I can't remember where; maybe it was just a bad dream, but I think the logic applies here. It's a truly fantastic bike and you'll be glad you waited.