mtbr member
    Mar 2008

the handsome one,i like

ive had my e g for a week know and it is a very good bike if you know what you want from it,

i do all sorts of riding 70%single speed hardtail,ive been getting back into a bit more jumpy down hill stuff latley and was convinced i could do it all on my cove stiffee.

i decided that my back would break before the bike doing this kind of riding,so i might start using my 06 yeti 575 but ive built it up very light for long endurance racing and she is a little flexy.

so what do i get,i havent seen a full suss i like for ages,ive ridden the lapierre spicy for a weekend in the alps and she was good,love the fox 36s.so the new bike has to have 36s,maybe go to my local shop that has lapierres,

when i went the shop they had a el guapo for demo and it was doing it for me,i had a sit on it felt good booked a test ride,

test ride went well,so ordered one,spent a week hitting some jumps and having a little play,waiting for the weekend cause we were going to wales for a day booked with the uplift doing the downhill course and the next day hitting the trail centres there.

most riders ride triple forks and full on downhill bikes my mates hade a cove hustler,giant reign and a commencel d/h bike,i blasted the course all day never felt under biked at all and was dropping my mates all day .

the next day involved more mates on xc/all mountain bikes and lots of rocky climbs,the first trail went well used the pro pedal dropped the forks to 130 and had fun

the 2nd trail i wanted to see what the bike could really do so i said to my mates im not waiting for anyone up or down and who wants to come with me,the trail is usually 1hr 45 mins to 2hr 30 to do,i blasted up and down in 1hr 10mins missed all the rain and was truly amazed by the bike,i was also own my own,30mins later was the next rider

if you have a little fettle with the bike it really can it all,choose your parts carfully,dont be scared to play with the shock and enjoy,the only props i found was hitting the pedal a bit more than norm

if your fairly fit its not a prop going up but if your not fit it might get a bit tiring climbing all day with it,but if you dont minf how quick you get to the top just sit and spin,my mates were amazed when i switched the pro pedal stood up and there was just no movement in the bike,and i really like that so i can attack the climbs

mtbr member
    Very similar to my experience. In fact I haven't gotten over the euphoria of day 1 on the bike