Thread: Hammerhead

Dozer

Hammerhead

This looks like what many of us have been asking for: a 29er Motolite!
    Hammerhead Bicycles
    Didn't Hammerhead have some association with Titus at one point, or am I mistaken?

mtbr member
    Does look like a Motolite. I think Titus made frames for them when they were in Tempe, they were basically Racer X's, the Hammerhead 100 wasn't it?

Titus/On-One/Planet X
    Good numbers on that baby. Nice work.
    --
    brant
    http://www.shedfire.com
    Designing for Titus USA, On-One and Planet X.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Very similar numbers to my Turner Sultan. The top tube is a bit longer, the stays are a little shorter, a hair less travel. That front derailleur mount hanging in the breeze would worry me a bit, but maybe it's ok.

So has the Specialized patent on horst link expired now?

mtbr member

possible to view updated EG?

Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Good numbers on that baby. Nice work.
    Where are the pics?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    So has the Specialized patent on horst link expired now?
    I think it has.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Sorry guys...totally missed this!

To answer a couple questions:
    Titus/Hammerhead Association - That is correct...all the info on that is here Hammerhead Bicycles

29er Motolite - Actually, very much what I was going for with our 1st frame back to market
    I was an outside rep for Titus when Charles was working w/ Cocalis/Titus on the 100x and loved that bike and the Motolite

The main goal with reintroducing the Brand is to keep it closely tied to it's roots. Believe we have done a great job with that, the new "120x" is the same type of blast to ride platform as the Motolite fancied up with 29er wheels!

Check out our updated site w/ info on a Custom Color Program and a Shipped To Your Door Demo Program. Frames are in stock now! Hammerhead Bicycles: Austin's Dirty Little Secret

Thank you, Scott

Oh and always feel free to hit me up direct - scott@hammerheadbikes.com
    Last edited by hammerheadbikes; 02-05-2013 at 02:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

650B version, PLEASE!

Your 120X/Thumper looks great in so many ways, but I'm not looking for a 29er. If you had that frame built for 650B, with all the right geometry numbers (for me), then that frame would be at the very top of my list for my next purchase. In fact, I see nothing out there right now in 650B for "trail" riding that I'm interested in. I also have no hope that Titus will ever build a 650B Motolite or FTM. Everything revolves around their El Guapo, which just isn't for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
    Your 120X/Thumper looks great in so many ways, but I'm not looking for a 29er. If you had that frame built for 650B, with all the right geometry numbers (for me), then that frame would be at the very top of my list for my next purchase. In fact, I see nothing out there right now in 650B for "trail" riding that I'm interested in. I also have no hope that Titus will ever build a 650B Motolite or FTM. Everything revolves around their El Guapo, which just isn't for me.
    Thank you for the input Miguelos.....we get these quite a bit for the 120x/650b...we take them very seriously.....hhhmmm

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Store link is not working.