Thread: Guapo vs Nomad2

mtbr member
    May 2004

Guapo vs Nomad2

Can anyone compare?

Short story - had a Canfield One which I absolutely loved but it cracked. Darren at Push recommended, with knowledge of my previous bikes, that I would like either a Nomad2 or El Guapo. I got the Nomad, like it alot. It descends on par with the One but I lost a little bit in the climbing department (the One climbed superb, whereas the Nomad climbs equal to other 6" travel bikes out there). But for 1G the El Guapo has my eye.

Chris

NOT Team Sanchez
    If you're concerned with climbing versus descending I can't be of too much help, but as far as I can tell the EG climbs well in comparison to a Bullit, Cove Hustler, Maverick ML8. I like the EG's responsiveness, and stability when descending, that's why I ride one
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'll find out soon enough which one is better (for me at least). I pulled the trigger on the last medium ano brown EG that Titus had. I've been riding the Nomad for the last couple months and can't wait to throw all the parts on the EG and give it a go.

Chris

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    I'll find out soon enough which one is better (for me at least). I pulled the trigger on the last medium ano brown EG that Titus had. I've been riding the Nomad for the last couple months and can't wait to throw all the parts on the EG and give it a go.

Chris
    Good. Let us know how it feels!
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Good. Let us know how it feels!
    You have been reading too much from others. Go pull the trigger. Like you said, u deserve it

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den
    You have been reading too much from others. Go pull the trigger. Like you said, u deserve it
    You are right. I deserve it. If only my wallet would agree!
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Do you have enough ride time on the El G to compare it to the Nomad.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Not yet, I've been waiting for the weather to clear off the mountain snow.

mtbr member
    I also had a One and I would say that although the Guapo is a heavier frame (I have the first generation Guapo), it climbs just as well as the One with the proper shock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I cannot compare the EG to the bike you talk about, however. I have a EG and a Mojo which is a great climber, the EG climbs every bit as good, but requires a bit more effort because of the weight, and shorter cranks. I guess what I am saying is if I can't climb it on my EG, and that is with 170 cranks, 160mm fork, and a 1X9 setup, well then any bike that could climb it I would destroy on the way down! The EG, buy it, ride it, love it!