Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 92
  1. #1
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726

    guapo review in MBA.

    this month's issue of MBA has an el guapo review. its a nice review. they didn't go nuts about it.... but they liked it. check it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    this month's issue of MBA has an el guapo review. its a nice review. they didn't go nuts about it.... but they liked it. check it out.
    Dang... I just bought my share of MBA for this year last month issue... I should have waited but airports are boring.
    Check my Site

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,261
    They didn't love the side cable routing, but other than that it was a very positive review.

    Nice...

  4. #4
    Where is my mind?
    Reputation: Cyclopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,130
    Is anyone going to give the highlights?
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

    - Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

  5. #5
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,795
    I can post the review in a few minutes... just a sec...

  6. #6
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,795
    here it is






  7. #7
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    Is anyone going to give the highlights?
    the pearl has a very firm lockout. it makes a annoying "pst" noise. they recomend a coil shox for downhill parks. but they realy like how well the guapo pedals.

    they like the geometry... they like the 36 talas fork a lot.

    found out that 32.1 pounds is way to heavy for the MBA crew. and 8 inch brakes are too touchy....... music it too loud. kids hair is to long. skits are too short. and candy bars used to cost a nickle.

  8. #8
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Funny they mention that "it finally rounds up the Titus line"...

    I have an issue from 2004 when they tried out a SuMo with XC build (light wheels, TALAS fork, triple ring, etc) and they said just that... that it was the bike to be pedaled uphill but also able to bomb down. It even entered the "perfect handling club" along with the Spesh Enduro S-Works and SC Heckler.

    So, wasn't the SuMo in the lineup all these years?

    As for the Formula brakes, I've read Spanish magazines and they also mention that the Formulas are rather powerful but not so good in modulation. It was not only for the 203mm ones. I'd say it's just a matter of tastes. Euros also appreciate a lot a light bike and rather stiff suspension performance, as opposed to American approach of "Cadillac-like" suspension.

    Funy enough... MBA is in California and not Spain...
    Check my Site

  9. #9
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Funny they mention that "it finally rounds up the Titus line"...

    I have an issue from 2004 when they tried out a SuMo with XC build (light wheels, TALAS fork, triple ring, etc) and they said just that... that it was the bike to be pedaled uphill but also able to bomb down. It even entered the "perfect handling club" along with the Spesh Enduro S-Works and SC Heckler.

    So, wasn't the SuMo in the lineup all these years?

    As for the Formula brakes, I've read Spanish magazines and they also mention that the Formulas are rather powerful but not so good in modulation. It was not only for the 203mm ones. I'd say it's just a matter of tastes. Euros also appreciate a lot a light bike and rather stiff suspension performance, as opposed to American approach of "Cadillac-like" suspension.

    Funy enough... MBA is in California and not Spain...

    That was an 05 issue, and they don't make that particular SuMo anymore.

  10. #10
    Where is my mind?
    Reputation: Cyclopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,130
    That has to be the most comprehensive bike test review I've ever seen from MBA. With few exceptions, if a component is off they will usually fault the whole bike (something I've thought to be unfair). This time they teased out every major component. Overall it looks very promising. Too bad I live in FL. That review really makes the bike sound sweet. Oh, what's with the characterization of the ML as a 4" travel bike.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

    - Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    I don't know 28" bars are insanely wide

    What a sensational gorgeous bike !~!

    Constipated Pearl ... at least they recommended coil !~!

    My Moto Lite only has 4 inches... I better measure again....

  12. #12
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,795
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    I don't know 28" bars are insanely wide

    What a sensational gorgeous bike !~!

    Constipated Pearl ... at least they recommended coil !~!
    yeah 28 inchers are just fine

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    the pearl has a very firm lockout. it makes a annoying "pst" noise. they recomend a coil shox for downhill parks. but they realy like how well the guapo pedals.

    they like the geometry... they like the 36 talas fork a lot.

    found out that 32.1 pounds is way to heavy for the MBA crew. and 8 inch brakes are too touchy....... music it too loud. kids hair is to long. skits are too short. and candy bars used to cost a nickle.
    What shock are you going to put on ?~?

  14. #14
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    I never reized it had the "side" cable routing. I think I hate that?

  15. #15
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Well dang, the most awaited review still provides nothing to the reader to help in the decision making..........gonna be tough to pull buyers away from Nomads, RFX's, 6.6's, and Endorphins with a review like that (same old format for any favorable review by MBA...good uphill pedaler, stable/confidence inspiring going down, more words about pro's/cons about parts, and of course the Yes it is a pretty bike statement..........). So who's first amongst all you Titus fanatics to put your money where your heart is??????? We need a longterm tester now so that you can convince us fall purchasers if the EG is really all that.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  16. #16
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    What shock are you going to put on ?~?

    it'll get a 36 talas.....

    I want the 08 DHX air. but i'll take what I can get, I want el guapo now, peacekeeper (nato) blue. I was hoping for gloss. but its a matte finish.

    the DHXA 08 has a 2 position lever for the propedal. which will suit me perfectly....

    you guys really need to get the online version of MBA. its like $14-$17 for a year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug

    you guys really need to get the online version of MBA. its like $14-$17 for a year.

    Than what would I read on the toilet?

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    They didn't love the side cable routing, but other than that it was a very positive review.

    Nice...
    I don't think there's been a bike in history EVER to have cable routing a reviewer cared for.

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    it'll get a 36 talas.....

    I want the 08 DHX air. but i'll take what I can get, I want el guapo now, peacekeeper (nato) blue. I was hoping for gloss. but its a matte finish.

    the DHXA 08 has a 2 position lever for the propedal. which will suit me perfectly....

    you guys really need to get the online version of MBA. its like $14-$17 for a year
    .
    Too much. Mtbr is free.

  20. #20
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Well dang, the most awaited review still provides nothing to the reader to help in the decision making..........gonna be tough to pull buyers away from Nomads, RFX's, 6.6's, and Endorphins with a review like that (same old format for any favorable review by MBA...good uphill pedaler, stable/confidence inspiring going down, more words about pro's/cons about parts, and of course the Yes it is a pretty bike statement..........). So who's first amongst all you Titus fanatics to put your money where your heart is??????? We need a longterm tester now so that you can convince us fall purchasers if the EG is really all that.
    I've got a review of it:

    Doesn't excel at any one type of riding. Not as good a trail bike as the motolite. Not as adept at bombing downhills as the Supermoto. Might be good as a "one" bike, but will give up some performance on the extreme ends of the riding spectrum.

    Oh yeah, the Pearl sucks.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  21. #21
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I don't think there's been a bike in history EVER to have cable routing a reviewer cared for.

    MBA Again... they have always criticized the cable routing on the Specialized bikes being below the BB...
    Check my Site

  22. #22
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    MBA Again... they have always criticized the cable routing on the Specialized bikes being below the BB...
    That's because Spec cabling does suck!!! My girlfriend's Epic shifting will stiffen up if it even thinks it's gonna get muddy. My buddy's 04 Enduro ghost shifts if the cabling is too tight. The fix for both of these is to run a continuous housing. It works but Spec should have thought that one out.

    Same with Titus. I think the cable routing looks like an after thought. What, they couldn't have run it through the shock mount like Intense and others do. Wazzup wit dat???
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  23. #23
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700
    Geoooooo....gotta love you!!! Well you guys know my feelings....I'll keep the RacerX for pounding the climbs, but get a Foes FXR if you want a 32lb 6" go anywhere bike...single pivot and Curnutt, it's all you really need.
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  24. #24
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    I've got a review of it:

    Doesn't excel at any one type of riding. Not as good a trail bike as the motolite. Not as adept at bombing downhills as the Supermoto. Might be good as a "one" bike, but will give up some performance on the extreme ends of the riding spectrum.

    Oh yeah, the Pearl sucks.

    LMAO..........you gotta go club somethin soon, too much pent up frustrations emanating from your aura.....but you read my mind, good bike for somone who wants a great one trick pony.....gonna be a tough sell for the pricepoint with lotsa stiff competition IMO.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  25. #25
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,266
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Well dang, the most awaited review still provides nothing to the reader to help in the decision making..........gonna be tough to pull buyers away from Nomads, RFX's, 6.6's, and Endorphins with a review like that (same old format for any favorable review by MBA...good uphill pedaler, stable/confidence inspiring going down, more words about pro's/cons about parts, and of course the Yes it is a pretty bike statement..........).
    Agreed. The review is worthless. I honestly think they just cut n' paste different bike names into their reviews each month.
    The pix are nice. I really like the seatstay arch.
    Side cable routing would probably bother me too.
    The Pearl sucks - no surprise to most who have tried it.
    Formula brakes rock. Next time they should spray WD-40 on the rotors or go back to rim brakes.

    DemoSlug...consider the Roco air. It's impressive and may shortly replace the DHX-c on my Terremoto.
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 05-23-2007 at 10:28 PM.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel

    ...consider the Roco air. It's impressive and may shortly replace the DHX-c on my Terremoto.
    Is that after Darren fixes the Roco air's damping ?~?

  27. #27
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,266
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Is that after Darren fixes the Roco air's damping ?~?
    I haven't tried the PUSH'd Roco air but I saw the new PUSH Roco piston hot off the CNC. It's significantly bigger than a DHX or Float/RP3 piston and will move a ton of fluid. I'm excited about it's potential.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I haven't tried the PUSH'd Roco air but I saw the new PUSH Roco piston hot off the CNC. It's significantly bigger than a DHX or Float/RP3 piston and will move a ton of fluid. I'm excited about it's potential.
    Do you know when can you send them in to PUSH ?~?

  29. #29
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,363
    It really begs the question why Titus clings to the Pearl so tightly. I have not seen one truly positive review of the Pearl on the EG. It reflects poorly on the bike overall imo.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  30. #30
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,266
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Do you know when can you send them in to PUSH ?~?
    Shouldn't be long. Most of the parts have been machined.

    PUSH was featured in Decline this month and the leading photo shows a Roco so I know he's motivated to get it ready.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  31. #31
    Where is my mind?
    Reputation: Cyclopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    It really begs the question why Titus clings to the Pearl so tightly. I have not seen one truly positive review of the Pearl on the EG. It reflects poorly on the bike overall imo.
    That's a question for you. The pearl got slamed as the choice for shock when Titus Jeff asked for opinions on this forum. It's bad enough I have to deal with my own farts, I don't want to deal with anyone else's let alone from my bike.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

    - Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

  32. #32
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Shouldn't be long. Most of the parts have been machined.

    PUSH was featured in Decline this month and the leading photo shows a Roco so I know he's motivated to get it ready.

    Wow! So one of these "PUSH doing something else" rumers might actually come true?

  33. #33
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,266
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Wow! So one of these "PUSH doing something else" rumers might actually come true?
    LOL. True dat.
    Believe me, I tease him to no end about his long list of "in production" projects. But the Roco is for real. I think. Maybe. Perhaps.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  34. #34
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,266
    To those who have ridden El Guapo, how's the BB/pedal clearance?

    The article lists a static BB height of 13.5" which is low for an aggressive "all-mtn" frame. Both my Ventana Terremoto & Turner 6-Pack have 14.5" static BB heights with Schwalbe 2.2 Big Bettys. Dropping a full inch would have me concerned about pedal strikes through the rough. Then again, very often claimed geometry specs differ from actual production specs.

    The local Titus dealer is having a demo day this weekend and I was specifically looking forward to riding this bike but have to leave town for a family renunion.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  35. #35
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    It really begs the question why Titus clings to the Pearl so tightly. I have not seen one truly positive review of the Pearl on the EG. It reflects poorly on the bike overall imo.
    It's been discussed a little on this forum. I believe they were looking to break the 7 pound barrier with the production frame...although, they failed. Maybe they should take some pointers from the new RFX (6.75#) . The Pearl is light. It also has a strong pedal platform...which many will like.

    I'd like to ride this bike though...it's gonna be hard with no dealers around these parts.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  36. #36
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    LOL. True dat.
    Believe me, I tease him to no end about his long list of "in production" projects. But the Roco is for real. I think. Maybe. Perhaps.
    ROCO AIR???

    You sure???
    It's cheap too... even with a Push mod, it would be just about what a RP23 cost!!

    Thanks for the heads up, TS!!
    Check my Site

  37. #37
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ROCO AIR???

    You sure???
    It's cheap too... even with a Push mod, it would be just about a RP23 too!!

    Thanks for the heads up, TS!!
    I'll be taking the PUSH'd Roco air for a spin shortly and will report back. Darren is very excited about it.

    Yes, it's cheap (at least for now).
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  38. #38
    Master of None
    Reputation: presslab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    It's been discussed a little on this forum. I believe they were looking to break the 7 pound barrier with the production frame...although, they failed. Maybe they should take some pointers from the new RFX (6.75#) . The Pearl is light. It also has a strong pedal platform...which many will like.

    I'd like to ride this bike though...it's gonna be hard with no dealers around these parts.
    I have a demo El Guapo from Competitive Cyclist coming to my door via UPS. It's $200 but it's not bad for trying a bike for a week. I should get it early next week.

    I'm demoing the medium (which lists a 18.25" seat tube) but I have a 34" inseam. The top tube is shoooorrt!! I'll post a report when I try it out. I think the large is a little too big.

    Dunno why the MBA article said they tried a 19" model. Makes me wonder how accurate their other specs are.

  39. #39
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by presslab
    I have a demo El Guapo from Competitive Cyclist coming to my door via UPS. It's $200 but it's not bad for trying a bike for a week. I should get it early next week.

    I'm demoing the medium (which lists a 18.25" seat tube) but I have a 34" inseam. The top tube is shoooorrt!! I'll post a report when I try it out. I think the large is a little too big.

    Dunno why the MBA article said they tried a 19" model. Makes me wonder how accurate their other specs are.

    They also said the ML was a 4" bike so I guess that answers that.

    Remember the EG's not an XC bike. The TT "should" be shorter than some might be used to.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dangerDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    185
    Squeaky,
    I rode one a few weeks ago when they were in Boulder. I took it up to Hall Ranch. I didn't measure the BB ht but it felt taller than 13.5". My switchblade static ht is about 14" and the EG didn't feel lower to me.
    The 36 TALAS is perfect for the bike. Very rigid but then again, I'm used to a 32 TALAS which is feeling more wimpy to me every month.
    I didn't hate the Pearl as everybody else seems to but I'm not a shock expert. It did make a funny zipping sound when it compressed.
    Overall, it felt like a beefier version of my 'blade. It didn't make me want to go out and buy one but I'd certainly consider it when I retire the SB.
    Oh, and does anyone else think the powder blue is sissy?
    dD
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who count in binary, and those who don't.

  41. #41
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerDan
    Oh, and does anyone else think the powder blue is sissy?
    dD
    its a girls color.... but, I ride like a girl..... so its OK.

  42. #42
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    its a girls color.... but, I ride like a girl..... so its OK.
    Agreed with the opinion on the color, but I already look girly enough... So I'd take a black one. A WHITE one would be the bomb.
    Check my Site

  43. #43
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Agreed with the opinion on the color, but I already look girly enough... So I'd take a black one. A WHITE one would be the bomb.
    its peace keeper blue. check out thease dudes.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacekeeping
    Attached Images Attached Images

  44. #44
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    its peace keeper blue. check out thease dudes.



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacekeeping
    Aren't those the ones that go without real guns and always get ran over and then calling the "cowboys"???

    I still prefer black.
    Check my Site

  45. #45
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Aren't those the ones that go without real guns and always get ran over and then calling the "cowboys"???

    I still prefer black.
    no.. peacekeepers (like the UN's blue helmets) carry big guns .. otherwise how could they "keep the peace"

  46. #46
    Master of None
    Reputation: presslab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerDan
    Squeaky,
    I rode one a few weeks ago when they were in Boulder. I took it up to Hall Ranch. I didn't measure the BB ht but it felt taller than 13.5". My switchblade static ht is about 14" and the EG didn't feel lower to me.
    The 36 TALAS is perfect for the bike. Very rigid but then again, I'm used to a 32 TALAS which is feeling more wimpy to me every month.
    I didn't hate the Pearl as everybody else seems to but I'm not a shock expert. It did make a funny zipping sound when it compressed.
    Overall, it felt like a beefier version of my 'blade. It didn't make me want to go out and buy one but I'd certainly consider it when I retire the SB.
    Oh, and does anyone else think the powder blue is sissy?
    dD
    I just checked the web site and it lists 13.85" bb height. Looks like more misinformation on MBA's part. Also I'm guessing these numbers are without suspension sag?

  47. #47
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    no.. peacekeepers (like the UN's blue helmets) carry big guns .. otherwise how could they "keep the peace"
    Yet... when things get hairy, they call the "heavy hitters"...

    Half joking, half serious...

    Point is... I prefer black.
    Check my Site

  48. #48
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by presslab
    Looks like more misinformation on MBA's part
    It wouldn't be the first time...
    Didn't they screw it up with the specs when they reviewed the ML??

    What's worst is that they're inconsistant... sometimes they take measurements and screw it up, sometimes they just publish the numbers given by the manufacturer which some of them are wrong (Thanks god Titus is fairly accurate)... Point is, they at least should try to be consistent.
    Check my Site

  49. #49
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Yet... when things get hairy, they call the "heavy hitters"...

    Half joking, half serious...

    Point is... I prefer black.

    You were right the first time except that things don't have to get that hairy... more like if a chick fight breaks out it's "get John Wayne on the phone ASAP".

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212

    Roco R already on the way ...

    Warp, I already have a Roco R Air on the way !~!

    Can't wait to try it out... proper shimmed damping and no constipation circuits... perfect for my XC needs. Then I can send the DHX C to PUSH and use it for the fun days with bottom out issues ... and also it looks like a double PUSH whammy if I can send a Roco R as well

    I'm trying to find an 06 Z1 SL ....

    El Guapo in blue is sensational .... just needs stainless/silver hoses and cables instead of black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •