Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Great deals on MLs

A little birdie told me about a good deal on 2006 Motolites. Anybody else know about this? If not, my lips are sealed in order to protect the innocent till such news is official. Of course, then there will be this mad scramble, right?
    Last edited by Flyer; 08-15-2006 at 11:59 AM.

"Its All Good"
    Bob, are you out there, what is the bully on this rumour, come on out with the facts
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It is true, I promise. I never BS unless I'm totally messin' with ya. I have a friend who I recently discovered carries Titus bikes who was informed today of a real price drop on MLs so he called and told me since he knew I was looking. Well, we chat a lot anyway but I was still surprised at the drop. Let's just say existing stock can now be had for several hundred less. Bob can confirm but it is true.

Applies to the Racer-X as well but I'm not sure about the others.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Several hundred less? Where?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Look, I don't want to take business away from dealers you already deal with. This price drop will be across the board so everyone should be able to pass that along to you, right? Let's assume the price drop is $200. So if someone quoted you $1,200 earlier, they will make the same profit by selling you that bike for $1,000 or less, depending on the price drop.

Now if someone is not willing to pass the savings along to you, then I don't mind helping out. I almost exclusively support our board vendors/dealers. I also look out for my fellow riders so a price drop should be passed along to us- that's only fair.

If who you deal with does not help you out, PM me. I'll tell you what I know and then you can decide for yourself.

mtbr member
    (deleted, hadnt refreshed the thread in a while)

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    It is true, I promise. I never BS unless I'm totally messin' with ya. I have a friend who I recently discovered carries Titus bikes who was informed today of a real price drop on MLs so he called and told me since he knew I was looking. Well, we chat a lot anyway but I was still surprised at the drop. Let's just say existing stock can now be had for several hundred less. Bob can confirm but it is true.

Applies to the Racer-X as well but I'm not sure about the others.
    Flyer my man, never was not believing you.................Sounds good.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Where is Biker Bob? Can anybody at Titus tell us what the 2006 pricing will be? Who has a source? I don't know anyone there.

ಠ_ಠ
    I would have thought that with the price of aluminum skyrocketing, the price of bike frames would have followed.

Silly me, I paid MSRP last year. Oh well...

"Its All Good"
    Bob must be in holiday mode, have not seen him lurking much. I got an email from him last week............. Should be around...

screamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Let's just say existing stock can now be had for several hundred less.
    The key phrase here is "existing stock." When I started looking this spring, I couldn't get a frame in my size for the love of money. Did they fabricate too many in the last production run? I wonder if this means something will be changed for 2007...

"El Whatever"
    BTW... there aren't many '06s left... All I can say.
    Check my Site

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Rumour control

Man, you guys are fast with the rumours/news. Must be those darn Internets. I was out leading a herd of Titusi (ML, Racer X, Eleven) around our technical trails til now and find all this talk surprising.
    All I'll say is, if you ride x-small or small, it's time to pick up a Motolite. Typically, the popular sizes, large and medium, are almost gone. But still a good time. Won't see much more of them for several months. Elevens also good deals. Stock up for your kids and grandkids.

Ti is addictive
    Just finished talking to a Titus dealer and yep, pretty impressive price cuts for year end clear out. And Bob's right, limited sizing so get your orders in. Kinda scary as this seems to be a Titus first, so what B*tchin new product is showing up at Interbike, only time will tell, cause thats the only reason I can think of for this first time fire sale.

mtbr member
    good luck finding a large, or even medium for that matter.

MC MasterShake
    Doh! I just paid MSRP on an XS 2 weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've called about a Large this morning and only found Mediums and Smalls. Being 5'11" tall and my outstretched arms measuring 6'4". a Large would be the best fit. If my arms were not blessed with an ape-like length , a Medium could have worked just as well as a Large.

So I'll just have to be happy with a beautiful, black, El Salt I adopted instead. It will keep my Flux company. However, if I find a Large ML, I may just have to give it a new home as well. I still need to review it against the 575. My home is small but my heart is big when it comes to adopting bikes. I'm a Giver that way

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yup, Flyer gave me the low down and helped me out big time. The dealer I talked to said I got one of the last Grey Mediums. I'm very pleased!

mtbr member

Does this apply to all sizes?

Or just the small and x-small?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not sure what you mean but my size (Large) is hard to find. Mediums and Smalls are still around and a few people still have them. I have no idea about XS. I'm still bummed that Large ones seem to be all gone though I am spending way too many thousands this year so maybe it's a good thing

mtbr member
    The dealers I talked to told me only the smaller sizes are discounted. The med and large are still MSRP

"Its All Good"
    They will be discounting what ever stock is out there I would say. Too many issues to say, hey Whafe you are 6 3' you can pay full price, would tell them where to get off politely.

Clearing inventory to make way for the new 07 kit surely......................

FLyer, youa re a true gentleman for bringing this forward to some very dedicated Titus customers................ Great stuff......

Ti is addictive
    Yeah, Thanks Flyer, would not have put buyabikeaholic syndrome in me if I didn't see your post. Dang it was hard not to put the order in for the EXO motolite, modena,XXXXXXXXXXX bike in. Thank God I fit small framed Titus's though as the spirit of purchasing did overcome me and I caved in and ordered and ELEVEN. Should be here soon and will post pics when done.

All I was doing was minding my own business about to order a poor mans frame from Chad for my wife and boom a post of Titus firesale(LOL). Then after regaining some composure and not buying a Motolite EXO, Modena, Eleven, and my wifes frame all in one go. I chose the humble approach and chose the Eleven as my only purchase. Now I gotta let go of my beloved HCR. Opted out of the Roadie as reality set in and realized I would only use it a few times a year. Motolite got vetoed as already got the Racer-X and if I'm gonna go All-Mountain then El Guepo is waiting in the wings.

Dangnamit, decisions are hard when you only got 12 hours to decide before all the frames are gone. Cause Flyer you sure did cause a frenzy at the Titus order desk(LMAO). Thanks as it satisfied my purchasing urges.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Yeah, Thanks Flyer, would not have put buyabikeaholic syndrome in me if I didn't see your post. Dang it was hard not to put the order in for the EXO motolite, modena,XXXXXXXXXXX bike in. Thank God I fit small framed Titus's though as the spirit of purchasing did overcome me and I caved in and ordered and ELEVEN. Should be here soon and will post pics when done.

All I was doing was minding my own business about to order a poor mans frame from Chad for my wife and boom a post of Titus firesale(LOL). Then after regaining some composure and not buying a Motolite EXO, Modena, Eleven, and my wifes frame all in one go. I chose the humble approach and chose the Eleven as my only purchase. Now I gotta let go of my beloved HCR. Opted out of the Roadie as reality set in and realized I would only use it a few times a year. Motolite got vetoed as already got the Racer-X and if I'm gonna go All-Mountain then El Guepo is waiting in the wings.

Dangnamit, decisions are hard when you only got 12 hours to decide before all the frames are gone. Cause Flyer you sure did cause a frenzy at the Titus order desk(LMAO). Thanks as it satisfied my purchasing urges.
    Well done TiEndo, good purchase, wished you had got an Exogrid ML though..........mmm El Guepo. Would be a needed frame should I take this new position in the US of A...

Ti is addictive
    Whafe, what they were selling them for I just about caved in. But since I just finished a renovation of my business and the final numbers came in quite overbudget, I figured I gotta scale the spending back. Plus I still gotta give the missus a bike to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast