mtbr member

Full Disclosure and Thanks!

Full disclosure: I currently own a '01 Titus Loco Moto(frame replaced in '05) and I just ordered a new El Guapo.

I had the opportunity to test ride an El Guapo last week, and just wanted to say that the Titus rep, Mike, was fantastic from start to finish. He even helped me work through some ala carte parts stuff with the LBS when I ordered the bike. My dealings with Titus have never been anything but positive. Thanks!

NOT Team Sanchez
    Right on, glad to hear they took good care of you, welcome to the El Guapo Mafiosa
    I like bikes.

"El Whatever"
    Bro, did you change riding style or just see the EG as the direct replacement of the Loco?
    Check my Site

Paper or plastic?
    Big bikes = bigger smiles!!
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Big Mac
    This sounds like BS to me! Why would we believe you? Do you have pictures to back up these brash statements? Did you contact Titus or your local dealer about this before posting this (sans pictures, no less) on a public forum? I'm sorry, but it just doesn't sound right.to me, as this is not what we expect from Titus. I call foul!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    This sounds like BS to me! Why would we believe you? Do you have pictures to back up these brash statements? Did you contact Titus or your local dealer about this before posting this (sans pictures, no less) on a public forum? I'm sorry, but it just doesn't sound right.to me, as this is not what we expect from Titus. I call foul!
    Actually, I had to read twice to get the sarcasm in it, but that may be because I'm slow and English is not my first language... that or the fact that it wouldn't be surprising for some people to say that seriously on this board.

Anyway... back to my beer...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Bro, did you change riding style or just see the EG as the direct replacement of the Loco?
    I really don't have much style when I ride.

But to answer the question: I bought the Loco when I lived in Pittsburgh(2001), and it was set up as a trail bike, suitable for the trails there. But I kept breaking things, because I am a big guy, and I don't ride with much finesse. I moved to SoCal late in 2001. Over the years I built the Loco up with a bigger fork, and bigger shock, and a massive wheelset(Mavic Crossmax with spokes as thick as pencils). And that solved all my breakage problems even though the bike is heavier than most would like. So the transition to the El Guapo isn't really that big a step from the way I have my Loco set-up.

Based on my test ride of the El Guapo, the wheelbase seems longer than my Loco...on climbs, it tracked well, but it's not light, and going downhill was a blast. My brother in law called me an "anomaly on a bike"(I'm a former linebacker - 6'2" and 265 lbs), so what I look for in a bike is probably different than most. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by huckie; 05-09-2009 at 10:23 AM.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by huckie
    My brother in law called me an "anomaly on a bike"(I'm a former linebacker - 6'2" and 265 lbs), so what I look for in a bike is probably different than most. Hope that helps.

Certainly different than this 5'9"-14 stone flea here...

Thanks, man! Enjoy the bike!
    Check my Site