FM
    luxatio erecta

Fresh rubber on the motolite

Broke in some fresh rubber last night, a Specialized Enduro pro 2.4 tubeless in front, and a Maxxis high roller 2.35 lust tubeless in back. It was our typical weeknight loop, a 3+hr ride with about 2k' of vert, a mix of sinletrack and fire road climbing to access steep technical XC descents. Started around 6:30 and used lights for the last half of the ride. The trails were dry and rooty with a layer of loam and small pine-cones on top. Both tires were run tubeless on mavic xm819's.

Specialized enduro pro 2.4 2bliss:
    Great front tire. Not too heavy considering the size- it's really closer to a 2.5. The sidewalls are thick enough to be durable but thin enough to be light- definitely have to keep the pressure up on this tire to keep it folding over due to it's light weight and large size. But over 30psi it was ON. I could come into switchbacks hot, grab some 8" rotot front brake, and swing that back-end around without losing front traction in front even in the loose stuff. Thumbs up.

Maxxis high roller 2.35 lust UST:
    I was surprised at the size of this tire, it's really more like a 2.1 or maybe 2.2. Plenty of room to spare on the motolite. Thick sidewalls and big lugs, but the tire was surprisingly light due to lust I guess? I wasn't sure I'd like this ture due to the smaller size but I was impressed. The large lugs are braced well and don't feel squirmy, I ran the ramped edges forward for better climbing. Thick sidewalls kept me from folding the tire over when running moderately low pressure. I liked this tire- but I am not sure it wouedl provide enough cushion to run in front. Good in back though! JensonUSA has these on sale for like $35. Thumbs up.

The larger tire in front and smaller in back changed my geometry and shock pressures noticably. I probably need to add 5psi to my rear shock. We were joking it was the "reverse mullet set-up"- party in front, business in back.

I am having fun fine-tuning the motolite, little changes here and there and it's really starting to feel perfectly suited for my use.

"El Whatever"
    Great (as always), FM!

How does the Enduro corners? Any idea if it corners similarly to the Resolution/Arenaline or better?

I can get both tyres relatively easy locally, so I'm interested.

Thanks!
    Check my Site

thats right living legend
    I agree great post FM, as per your usuall. Tha Maxxis in back sounds like the perfect rear tire so far. Not huge yet thick sidewalls.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Great (as always), FM!

How does the Enduro corners? Any idea if it corners similarly to the Resolution/Arenaline or better?

I can get both tyres relatively easy locally, so I'm interested.

Thanks!
    Based off of last night, it cornered great! I can't vouch how it might work under difefrent conditions, or compared to other specialized tires, but I was very happy. Also worth mentioning that I have several friends who have been running the enduro for a while now and they all raved about it, hence my purchase....

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Based off of last night, it cornered great! I can't vouch how it might work under difefrent conditions, or compared to other specialized tires, but I was very happy. Also worth mentioning that I have several friends who have been running the enduro for a while now and they all raved about it, hence my purchase....
    Thanks, FM!!!
    One more question... how is the soil on your trails?
    Check my Site

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Thanks, FM!!!
    One more question... how is the soil on your trails?
    luscious..... the trails we rode last night are not heavily travelled. glacial till soil with that top layer of pine needles and pine cones.... lots of roots...dry...

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    What trails were you riding, they sound cool. Can you name them? You've got me curious since I used to live in Seattle.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR
    What trails were you riding, they sound cool. Can you name them? You've got me curious since I used to live in Seattle.
    Unfortunately I'd prefer to keep their exact location off the boards... but I will PM you.

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Good stuff, I'm riding the Wasatch Crest trail tomorrow morning and I'm a little jealous.

thats right living legend

Hey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Unfortunately I'd prefer to keep their exact location off the boards... but I will PM you.

PM me too!!!...... Waite.... I guess that wouldn't do me any good though huh? Umm anyway, never mind.

mtbr member

FM Rides

FM,

Here you were gonna let me try out your medium frame and you won't even murmur the trail you were on. The best place to ride is 225 miles north of Seattle on BC Buff. Apparently there are better places to ride in around Seattle than I am aware. The only 16 mile 2.5 hour ride I know is Tiger. Did that this morning. Cyclepath in Portland had the Moto's to demo and I got the All Mtn 2 kits on a Large and XS with the new Avid Carbons that gobble like turkeys. They are the new rotors. I also got the 07 Fox shocks and have put many miles on them over the last month and a half. The 140 mm is a little tall on the climbs. I have spacers, even with the long head tube, to get the handlebars to even with the saddle on this setting.

So again, why the hesitation to disclose the trail you rode?????

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoops
    FM,

Here you were gonna let me try out your medium frame and you won't even murmur the trail you were on. The best place to ride is 225 miles north of Seattle on BC Buff. Apparently there are better places to ride in around Seattle than I am aware. The only 16 mile 2.5 hour ride I know is Tiger. Did that this morning.

So again, why the hesitation to disclose the trail you rode?????
    Yeah there is actually a ton of great riding in this state. I'm not disclosing location X because:
    • It may or may not technically be public land
    • the land owners may not be aware that there are trails on the property
    • the land owners may not be aware that the property is being used by cyclists
    • the land in question is doomed for development, and the trails have been there for years so I'm not ethically conflicted about riding there.

So having said all that, have you ridden:
    1. galbraith?
    2. anacortes?
    3. blanchard hill?
    4. arlington?
    5. kachess?
    6. cle elum?
    7. salmon lesac?
    8. palisades?
    9. deep creek?
    10. ranger creek?
    11. suntop?

There's tons of other places to ride around here, but those are my local favorites. We rode Galbraith today.

mtbr member

It's all good

FM

Appreciate the response. The trails you mentioned are great and I have ridden only about half of them. I was hoping to have some better rides close in to town that I was unaware of.

To stay on topic. I have Nevegal 2.35's that performed great on roots and rock faces but got a little banged up on the BC granite. It will be interesting to see how they perform in the wet. Been happy with them so far. The Moto has saved me on poor landings and rock gardens. Defintely a cheater bike compared to the Enduro HT. I don't get tossed about anymore.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Snoops-

check yer PM's.....