mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Fox 32 Talas RLC for Motolite 2

I am thinking of adding the Fox 32 Talas RLC 07 to my new motolite 2 when it arrives. My LBS in Indonesia stocks maz, fox and manitou. fox and bike will arrive in august. will have to wait until october for the maz. I have a maz am3 now which i love but want to upgrade for better and lighter fork for the moto. I don't want a bolt through axel as I will have to change by front dt swiss 240s which are only 4 months old so my choice is a bit limited. Any ideas. The maz will be 08 models. should i wait for those or go for the fox. i can always ride the moto with my am 3 until the 08 maz turn up......

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Assuming you want a light fork that keeps the ML a quick handler...

07 32 Talas is a top fork for the ML... many happy ML owners

08 Marz.... the 700 ATA looks light and up to 140mm travel... but will it get it's act together

Veni Vidi Vici
    I am loving my Fox Talas 07 32 RLC on my MOTO since the time I used it.... it is spot on

the 36 year old grom
    you might consider the 08 fox F120RLC. its all you need and very very light.

but, I do like my talas140 bunches. I use the travel adjust a lot. there are hills I just can't clean without it.

120mm is a very usable travel setting on the ML for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    talas it is then chaps, just don't tell the wife..... Thanks again.

mtbr member
    congratulations. what size is it gonna be?

thats right living legend
    Good choice! Forget about limiting yourself with a 12omm fork... The ML deserves so much more!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi
    congratulations. what size is it gonna be?
    medium. I am 5 9 and tried the small and it a felt a little small..... there were no mediums built up. I was tempted by the green which they had instock but have gone for the black. the build will be:
    32 talas rlc
    dt swiss 240s hubs
    dt swiss 5.1 d rims
    saint breaks
    xt crank
    xt front and back der
    thompson elite seat post
    truvativ team stem
    funn fatboy handle bars
    wtb headset(would like chris king but will have to sneak past the wife at a later date
    crank bros pedals

pics in september

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    excellent

nice wide bars

tictoc tictoc tictoc tictoc tictoc tictoc tictoc tictoc tictoc tictoc

have a nice long wait

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dareverend
    I am thinking of adding the Fox 32 Talas RLC 07 to my new motolite 2 when it arrives. My LBS in Indonesia stocks maz, fox and manitou. fox and bike will arrive in august. will have to wait until october for the maz. I have a maz am3 now which i love but want to upgrade for better and lighter fork for the moto. I don't want a bolt through axel as I will have to change by front dt swiss 240s which are only 4 months old so my choice is a bit limited. Any ideas. The maz will be 08 models. should i wait for those or go for the fox. i can always ride the moto with my am 3 until the 08 maz turn up......
    get TALAS ,it is a great fork!
    BTW what part of Indonesia u r from?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by seven of nine
    get TALAS ,it is a great fork!
    BTW what part of Indonesia u r from?
    I am actually welsh but have been working in Jakarta for the last 6 years. Only found out how good the biking is last year. 4 wasted years. But i am making up for lost time..... looking forward to the moto as my khs is just too big to haul up hills for 2 hours in the tropics. great going down but too knackered to enjoy by the time i get up!!!!

Veni Vidi Vici
    Good call on the Green one it is so nice i have seen one already... and good choice with the TALAS RLC as well

Quote Originally Posted by dareverend
    medium. I am 5 9 and tried the small and it a felt a little small..... there were no mediums built up. I was tempted by the green which they had instock but have gone for the black. the build will be:
    32 talas rlc
    dt swiss 240s hubs
    dt swiss 5.1 d rims
    saint breaks
    xt crank
    xt front and back der
    thompson elite seat post
    truvativ team stem
    funn fatboy handle bars
    wtb headset(would like chris king but will have to sneak past the wife at a later date
    crank bros pedals

pics in september