mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Forks for the FTM Carbon

I've got a FTM Carbon on order and now looking for a Fork to go with it and have decided on either of the following two.

Rockshox Revelation XX Dual Position Air 120 - 150mm ( can get for 450 RRP 800)

or

Rockshox SID XX Dual Air 120mm ( Can get for 480 RRP 800 )

Anyone who can advise me on the differences between the forks might do to the bike control would be greatful, also which would suit the frame better.

I ride verious stuff in the uk ie trail centres, natural singletrack also some rocky single tracks in the peak district

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmick
    I've got a FTM Carbon on order and now looking for a Fork to go with it and have decided on either of the following two.

or

Anyone who can advise me on the differences between the forks might do to the bike control would be greatful, also which would suit the frame better.

I ride verious stuff in the uk ie trail centres, natural singletrack also some rocky single tracks in the peak district
    150 is a tad long, 120 a tad short.
    Talas RLC 140 was the basis for the FTM's geometry.
    But the Revelation sounds better than the SID.

searcher
    That's right. The FTM was designed around a 140 fork. Don't go with the SID. The Revelation sounds good, there's a huge difference between 120 and 150 when you descend.
    Kovi

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    You can still find some nice Revelation xx with 140mm out there. Just not 2 step. The Revelations in my opinion are the best. Personally I like the ones with 20mm TA.

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    That's right. The FTM was designed around a 140 fork. Don't go with the SID. The Revelation sounds good, there's a huge difference between 120 and 150 when you descend.
    I am runing a Fox F120 with no issues in handling. FYI
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer
    I am runing a Fox F120 with no issues in handling. FYI
    No issues for sure. But it is good to have that extra travel when you descend. IMO.
    Kovi

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmick

or

I would use the Revelation. Much better suited to the frame and the riding you will be doing. I have been using a Pike U-turn, usually at 120 and sometimes the full 140. Handles well.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Well got the Revelation forks on order and being delivered just need the frame to fit them to.
    Waiting for the shipment to arrive from the US to the Showroom in Sheffield

mtbr member
    Don't forget to post some photos.