mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Fork Suggestion (100mm) for Titus Racer X (2001)

I recently acquired a used 2001 Titus Racer X and I'm looking for a new fork (100mm max as recommended by Titus) to replace my current Manitou Mars Elite (80mm i think) fork. What is a good fork to replace this with? I've been looking at the fox racing f100 shock, but I'm not sure what my other options are. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by darnelli; 07-21-2009 at 02:57 PM.

bap
    mtbr member
    Can't go wrong with a Fox...so that would be a solid option, the new 2010 line has the new FIT dampers which people are saying good things about. I've also had good luck with Rock Shox, and if you wanted a lighter weight option look into the Rock Shox SID line.

Haven't really looked into the recent Magura stuff, but the Durin SL gets mentioned frequently on the forums as a good option. Don't know much about the Manitou forks so can't comment there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Fox F100 RLC

At Cambria Bike, 2009 black Fox f100 rlc's are going for $499.95 and with a coupon discount (hotdeal20) you can get another 20% off. It does not come with pump or brake hose guide. You have to buy them separately. The brake hose guides are $4.95 and can be found in the suspension fork parts section. I just got an F80 RLC today and it is brand new and looks to be really well made.

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.a...E+FORK+2009+OE
    Last edited by merlin extra fat; 07-22-2009 at 12:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Blue Sky has Reba Race for $399. Comes with lockout and pump. They have been running sale for awhile and many other online shops will price match if you prefer ordering from someone else. Jenson also is running some deals on Sids and Redas now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well Well Well we meet again! .....

A used fox is always a good way to go, but make sure the seals are tight, as the OEM seals tend to blow especially with the terralogic stuff.

anything around 80-100 MM and 32mm stanchions should do you right, as mentioned above, the REBA's, new Sids, Fox F -series, or even some of the new Manitou stuff looks nice.

GOOD LUCK!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I have a 2009 racerX, i had a 2009 fox float 100 RLC, but replaced it with a 2009 SID Race. The SID team is lighter, cheaper and more plush. You also get all 100mm of travel out of the SID, which never happens with the fox.

Grab a SID team, with pushloc, from mikes bikes for $429, comes with a pump and a set of stickers if you care about matching it to your bike...

http://mikesbikes.com/itemdetails.cfm?LibID=43424

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ah joe you are on here as well,

ok well thanks for the input

so far it seems to be either the fox rl 100 or rlc 100

or the rockshox sid team - though mikebikes got it only in 80mm and pricepoint has the 100 at 759

my budget is basically around the 300 (hopefully mid 200s), which is probably wishful thinking, but i'll keep an eye out for RL or RLC 100 or the SID TEAM

i don't need a super race fork, just looking for something more plush than my current manitou mars elite (with performance in mind)

thanks for the feedback

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by darnelli
    ah joe you are on here as well,

ok well thanks for the input

so far it seems to be either the fox rl 100 or rlc 100

or the rockshox sid team - though mikebikes got it only in 80mm and pricepoint has the 100 at 759

my budget is basically around the 300 (hopefully mid 200s), which is probably wishful thinking, but i'll keep an eye out for RL or RLC 100 or the SID TEAM

i don't need a super race fork, just looking for something more plush than my current manitou mars elite (with performance in mind)

thanks for the feedback
    Just so you know, all new SIDs are the same, you can run any fork at 80 or 100mm just by changing the spacer. My fork came from mikesbikes set at 80mm, with an extra spacer in the box.

I removed the spacer and have been running it at 100mm since.