mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Which fork for RacerX? pls help!

I recently purchased a Titus RacerX frameset and am trying to decide which fork to use. I currently own a new 2005 Manitou Minute 3 w/ IT which I purchased for another bike but have never used. However, I am considering selling the Manitou and purchasing a 2006 Fox F100R on closeout. I am concerned, however, about the bushing problems many on this forum have experienced with the Fox F series. Should I just stick with the Manitou dialed down to 100mm, or go for the Fox? Secondly, can the Fox bushing problem be detected in any way without the fork being actually mounted on the bike?

BTW, my type of riding style includes fast singletrack -- including 'off-road' triathlons, adventure racing, and local singletrack racing.

Thanks for any comments you guys might have, as well as the wealth of information I have picked up from this forum!

mtbr member
    I am running a 2006 Reba team. I love it, absolutely nothing to complain about. Perfectly balanced with the RP3. Not to mention the Black paint with the Black Ano makes the the bike look very svelt!!!
    My wife thinks I am nuts for spending this much on a bike. I tell her I think I am nuts for spending that much on her Diamond ring!

thats right living legend

Of those two...

I'd go for the Fox.