WP Local

... and if we just ... Fitting on a Titus Motolite

So after being a fool and waiting and waiting on a Blur to come in I went down to my LBS and picked out a beautiful Titus Motolite (pic'c to come).

I haven't been fitted on a bike in 8 years... Is there anything I should watch for on the Titus? I heard that some folks have been fitted poorly and it caused back pain on climbs.

Since pain is bad, I would like to avoid that.... I am 5' 7" and 150lbs any advice is appreciated....

I am soooo excited to finally get my new bike

Eyes:blue. Knuckles:white
    Quote Originally Posted by WP Local
    So after being a fool and waiting and waiting on a Blur to come in I went down to my LBS and picked out a beautiful Titus Motolite (pic'c to come).

I haven't been fitted on a bike in 8 years... Is there anything I should watch for on the Titus? I heard that some folks have been fitted poorly and it caused back pain on climbs.

Since pain is bad, I would like to avoid that.... I am 5' 7" and 150lbs any advice is appreciated....

I am soooo excited to finally get my new bike
    Medium.

All the rest is in setup - stem length, seatpost , saddle position.

Veni Vidi Vici
    I am 5'7" too, much hevier though at 168... I have been enjoying my Medium ML for months now, it is indeed a wonderful all around bike. Congrats on your purchase...Its an incredible bike...

WP Local
    Thank you very much, I'm excited to ride it.... my wife told me to F-it and just get the bike... I rode it around the parking lot with my work clothes on... doesn't really count...

Like I said earlier I have been waiting on a Blur for awhile and now (strangely) I seem to be more excited to get the Motolite then I ever was for the blur... I believe the hype...

Gravity Tester
    Inseam can be more of a problem than overall height. I'm 5-6" and a medium ML I test rode was way too tall for me. It's got a 19.5" top to center dimension, that's 2" longer than most medium (17.5") frames. I went with a Small frame and it's within a cm of the medium Giant NRS I came off of.

WP Local
    I'm getting fitted at 2pm MST today... Any ideas on the back concerns that folks have expresed in the past?

I have problems with my lower back and would love to avoid any known issues

Gravity Tester
    Most back issues relate to being too crowded along the top tube, forcing your back to bend awkwardly. Also can be caused by too tall of a seat post height. This can be remedied by selecting a frame with a longer top tube dimension, a longer stem, or a set-back seat post - or a combination of those.

If your fitter has some sort of adjustable rig, just figure out the best position and try to replicate those with whatever frame best fits your leg length.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can also do with you handlebar being too low due to cutting the steerer tube to short and not having enough stack height under your stem.