mtbr member

First parts trickling in...

For the Carbon Rockstar-
    SID 29 RCT3 100mm, 3.4 lbs of long legged goodness. Rest of the stuff on order from Bikerbob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First parts trickling in...-p1030003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow, 3.4 lbs for a 100mm 29" fork? Can you make the steerer touch the dropouts over your knee?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    No, they are actually pretty stiff considering how long they are. I had an XX SID on the demo I rode last summer and while I could see it flex under braking it didn't flex much more then the Fox 36 on my EG. The bottom of the legs are actually hollow, you can stick your finger up inside all the way to the "R" in the RockShox decal. Website staes 3.5 lbs for the QR version, I got 3.4 for the 15mm w/ the axle. I'm thinking I better check and make sure they filled it with oil!

mtbr member
    That's a great fork. I'm putting a Lyrik RC2DH on an El Guapo that I ordered. It's driving me nuts to see all my parts sitting in boxes, and I hear them whisper to me at night, about the rides they are going to accompany me on. I moved to Utah for the skiing, but I can't wait for the snow melt to be able to ride this beast here. I guess I'll have to take it to either Gooseberry Mesa or Moab for it's first ride.