Results 1 to 66 of 66

Thread: Fired Up!!!!

  1. #1
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Fired Up!!!!

    I'm gettin fired up on the EG. Whafe's review along with some others has me stoked on it right now. Low BB so you can run some big ass tires, and a long fork, near perfect wieght, seems to have that legendary Titus stiffness, nice confident slack HA yet climbs as good as a ML, and rails corners? Sounds like the shiznat!
    Just wish the wallet thought so. You'd think Titus would give me the hook up since I was the "obviouse" insperation for the name?

    There have been a couple other sweet looking 6" bikes in the running should I be able to make something happen with a bike that "according to demo_slug" would be better suited to my ML build and where my riding has been heading?... but for now it's all about the pimp bike.

    Yeah! I'm feeling the EL-Guapo right now. What do ya'll think for your own self, Titus bros?
    Last edited by blackagness; 07-17-2007 at 07:38 AM.

  2. #2
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    go for it!

    find something to sell that you don't use anymore..... and start the "guapo fund"

  3. #3
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    go for it!

    find something to sell that you don't use anymore..... and start the "guapo fund"
    Good idea! I'm pretty stoked on FINALY having an "at least properly" functoning fork again though, so I can FINALY get the coil in back along with the rest of the bike dialed.

    Yesterday was promising, and I can hardly waite to get her back out... hopfully today!

  4. #4
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Good idea! I'm pretty stoked on FINALY having an "at least properly" functoning fork again though, so I can FINALY get the coil in back along with the rest of the bike dialed.

    Yesterday was promising, and I can hardly waite to get her back out... hopfully today!
    yeah.. the Zoke Stoke is back

  5. #5
    Master of None
    Reputation: presslab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,462
    There was a large Guapo on ebay a couple weeks ago, it was buy-it-now for $850.. What a deal! So keep your eyes peeled..

  6. #6
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Woody's Small was still going out for sale on fleabay last time I checked. Price was lower in the order of 1500, but I can't tell for certain.
    Check my Site

  7. #7
    searcher
    Reputation: kovi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    874
    I hear you BA, I got fired up on an EG , too, especially after reading Whafe's report about it. Must be a freakin good bike.
    The best would be to go somewhere and try the ML and the EG on the same trails for a couple of days.
    Kovi

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    The LOW BB thing is interesting really. On the guapo it is low compared to other 6 inch bikes.... it is low compared to my other bikes.. I've Even been thrown off my guapo due to a pedal strike..... but if you compare the BB height to the RacerX then its not so low. for example: at 30% sag the RX BB should be 11.51" while the el guapo is still 11.96" . so is it really low or are other 6 inch bikes just high? I know blacky is.

    I will testify that the guapo has forced me to keep track of my pedals more. I do have a tendency to leave a pedal down when I get tired.

  9. #9
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    so is it really low or are other 6 inch bikes just high? I know blacky is.

    .

    Don't be jealous.

    I think the one thing we can all agree on is that at some point Titus saw a pic of me somewhere on this site, and BAM!!!.... inspiration!

    Fairly obviouse really.

  10. #10
    I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Reputation: MintSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Yeah! I'm feeling the EL-Guapo right now. What do ya'll think for your own self, Titus bros?
    Mmm....well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

  11. #11
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Mmm....well

  12. #12
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Mmm....well
    What Mint said...

    Do it before the Wedding arrangements put you like that... Because bikes are cheaper than weddings (Vegas-like wedding are fake, they don't count).
    Check my Site

  13. #13
    I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Reputation: MintSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    What Mint said...

    Do it before the Wedding arrangements put you like that... Because bikes are cheaper than weddings (Vegas-like wedding are fake, they don't count).

    I thought my ML was my last pre-wedding bike, but Titus and Whafe keep messing with that plan!

    (not that there's any wedding in sight.....so I suppose it's all good)

    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

  14. #14
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    I thought my ML was my last pre-wedding bike, but Titus and Whafe keep messing with that plan!

    (not that there's any wedding in sight.....so I suppose it's all good)


    to the first part.



    and to the second part.

  15. #15
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Reputation: barelylegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    This will be a good test of loyalty of your fans BA... if you get one, your fans will follow and oh of course Titus should hook you up and you are an inspiration So what are you waiting for BA! Go for it

  16. #16
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Good Point...

    Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    This will be a good test of loyalty of your fans BA... if you get one, your fans will follow and oh of course Titus should hook you up and you are an inspiration So what are you waiting for BA! Go for it

    Cause in the end "for me" it really is all about the fans.

  17. #17
    I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Reputation: MintSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    and to the second part.

    Enjoy the single life while it lasts huh? Man....good woman are scarce these days!

    (To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

    Likes to ride a MTB
    Likes to spend lots of cash on a MTB
    Thinks Titus Titanium welds are sexy
    Loves lathering up her bike/man
    Thinks 'FOX' is cooler than 'Prada'
    'Shopping' means talking bikes at the LBS for 3hrs on a Saturday morning)

    A rare species indeed!

    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

  18. #18
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Enjoy the single life while it lasts huh? Man....good woman are scarce these days!

    (To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

    Likes to ride a MTB
    Likes to spend lots of cash on a MTB
    Thinks Titus Titanium welds are sexy
    Loves lathering up her bike/man
    Thinks 'FOX' is cooler than 'Prada'
    'Shopping' means talking bikes at the LBS for 3hrs on a Saturday morning)

    A rare species indeed!

    that is an ultra rare species.... my GF doesn't fit in that definition, but eventhough she doesn't like bikes as much as I do... she said to me "You should go to that Tribe Gathering you've been talking about... that way you can meet the other "bike freaks" "

    what else can one ask for?

  19. #19
    I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Reputation: MintSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    that is an ultra rare species.... my GF doesn't fit in that definition, but eventhough she doesn't like bikes as much as I do... she said to me "You should go to that Tribe Gathering you've been talking about... that way you can meet the other "bike freaks" "

    what else can one ask for?

    Having had a GF that was anti-biking, I'd say you've got a good one
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

  20. #20
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Having had a GF that was anti-biking, I'd say you've got a good one
    Thanx

  21. #21
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Nice Week!!!

    Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

    But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.

  22. #22
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

    But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.
    Sweet! Happy for ya', BA!

  23. #23
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,293
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

    But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.
    Cool....

    so... which color did you order for your El Guapo?

  24. #24
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Cool....

    so... which color did you order for your El Guapo?

    iridescent turquoise.

  25. #25
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    iridescent turquoise.
    hey.. that's a Yeti color

  26. #26
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    hey.. that's a Yeti color
    ooops! I ment doo doo brown.

  27. #27
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    ooops! I ment doo doo brown.
    HAHAHAHA

  28. #28
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

    But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.
    G R E A T!!!!!
    Check my Site

  29. #29
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    G R E A T!!!!!

    BTW Warp. I performed that little procedure we discussed with my AM Z1, and it appeared go smoothly enough except some oil came spurting out for a second. Which means I'll prob have to bleed it. but other than that I think it might have worked though I havn't tried it yet.

    I just hope I screwed it on tight enough?

  30. #30
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    BTW Warp. I performed that little procedure we discussed with my AM Z1, and it appeared go smoothly enough except some oil came spurting out for a second. Which means I'll prob have to bleed it. but other than that I think it might have worked though I havn't tried it yet.

    I just hope I screwed it on tight enough?
    Yeah, bro... Bleed it.

    There's a sticky on the shock's board with a video showing how to do it.

    It doesn't need to be dead-tight... That's fine for ... uh.. nevermind.. but it just needs to be tight. Consider you have to service it sometime in the future and the threads work in other direction.

    Would you don't have a vice to hold the cart, use the method I already mentioned to you for the shaft. The compression assembly will be VERY tight (especially for hand force holding the cartridge) the first time.

    Other than that... pop a beer and take your time and you'll be fine. Once you have it completely bled and assembled, move the rebound register from end to end to check any potential problem.

    CONGRATS!!! Now you will have TWO killer forks!
    Check my Site

  31. #31
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Yeah, bro... Bleed it.

    There's a sticky on the shock's board with a video showing how to do it.

    It doesn't need to be dead-tight... That's fine for ... uh.. nevermind.. but it just needs to be tight. Consider you have to service it sometime in the future and the threads work in other direction.

    Would you don't have a vice to hold the cart, use the method I already mentioned to you for the shaft. The compression assembly will be VERY tight (especially for hand force holding the cartridge) the first time.

    Other than that... pop a beer and take your time and you'll be fine. Once you have it completely bled and assembled, move the rebound register from end to end to check any potential problem.

    CONGRATS!!! Now you will have TWO killer forks!

    Forgot to mention...

    To prevent damaging that foot piece once more, when you're about to undo the footnut on that side, inflate the fork to something like 20 psi (no, air will not come out unless you have some nicks on that foot piece or the bottom of your lowers).

    Same before final tightening. Otherwise, the footnut makes the footpiece and cartridge's shaft to spin before getting properly tight... unless you have some pneumatic (impact) wrench. Factories use impact wrenches. Saves time and the speed and torque used make the assembly a breeze.
    Check my Site

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20
    I figured its always 4:20 for blacky .

  33. #33
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Forgot to mention...

    To prevent damaging that foot piece once more, when you're about to undo the footnut on that side, inflate the fork to something like 20 psi (no, air will not come out unless you have some nicks on that foot piece or the bottom of your lowers).

    Same before final tightening. Otherwise, the footnut makes the footpiece and cartridge's shaft to spin before getting properly tight... unless you have some pneumatic (impact) wrench. Factories use impact wrenches. Saves time and the speed and torque used make the assembly a breeze.

    Will do!

    No impact wrenches, but I couldn't live without a vice!

  34. #34
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    I figured its always 4:20 for blacky .
    aaaah? yeah, I shoulda used a comma or somethin there? Other than that I don't get it.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    aaaah? yeah, I shoulda used a comma or somethin there? Other than that I don't get it.
    4:20 is northern Cali slang for time to get "fired up"

  36. #36
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    4:20 is northern Cali slang for time to get "fired up"

    Hey!! That's what I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!

  37. #37
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Hey!! That's what I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!
    Ya'll had me excited about some 420


    For your next Drive to the ATL


    ...and once you get here.
    Nothing to see here.

  38. #38
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Ha! Now I Get It!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    You had me excited about some 420
    And thanks SSinga!!! Very good timing!

    I'll be leaving for the ATL in about 5 minutes!!! I'll be taking the bike yay!!! and I'll be hitting up Blanketts tomorrow cause I "thought" I heard CP might be closed "or something" maybe I'll look into Sunday on that one I've been dieing to give her a go with the DHX coil in back.

  39. #39
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    BA - No CP riding this weekend

    Found this:

    <TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Central Park Closed this Weekend </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="70%" colSpan=2>Written by Jon Eichner </TD></TR><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Monday, July 16 2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>CP Bike trail closed Friday, July 20 -10:00am to Mon July 23 8:00am for National Baseball Tournament. This will be strictly enforced and violators will be prosecuted.
    Forsyth Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the Little League World series and they need all the room especially parking they can get. So they have kindly asked us to give them the room they need this weekend.
    Please be considerate and do the right thing. We'll soon be in the a similar position with upcoming events at Central Park.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Last edited by SSINGA; 07-20-2007 at 01:46 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

  40. #40
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Ah Yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    BA - No CP riding this weekend

    Found this:

    <TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Central Park Closed this Weekend </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="70%" colSpan=2>Written by Jon Eichner </TD></TR><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Monday, July 16 2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>CP Bike trail closed Friday, July 20 -10:00am to Mon July 23 8:00am for National Baseball Tournament. This will be strictly enforced and violators will be prosecuted.
    Forsyth Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the Little League World series and they need all the room especially parking they can get. So they have kindly asked us to give them the room they need this weekend.
    Please be considerate and do the right thing. We'll soon be in the a similar position with upcoming events at Central Park.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    Thanks for that. I'm here now, and was about to head out there because I knew I'd read the 20th which I thought was Sat, but was Fri. You just saved me a long trip for nothing.

  41. #41
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Reputation: barelylegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Enjoy the single life while it lasts huh? Man....good woman are scarce these days!

    (To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

    Likes to ride a MTB
    Likes to spend lots of cash on a MTB
    Thinks Titus Titanium welds are sexy
    Loves lathering up her bike/man
    Thinks 'FOX' is cooler than 'Prada'
    'Shopping' means talking bikes at the LBS for 3hrs on a Saturday morning)

    A rare species indeed!

    MintSauce, you just described my GF the only difference is She thinks Marzochi is cooler than Prada ..

  42. #42
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    aaaah? yeah, I shoulda used a comma or somethin there? Other than that I don't get it.
    4:20 = fire IT up, DOOD! It's popo jargon for dope smoking in progress.

  43. #43
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    4:20 = fire IT up, DOOD! It's popo jargon for dope smoking in progress.

    What's dope?

  44. #44
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    What's dope?
    Used by plumbers and roadies. Beyond that, Idunno.

  45. #45
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Used by plumbers and roadies...
    Don't forget rednecks....
    Extreme stationary biker.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,561
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    ..my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school ..
    LOL. Is that what you'd call an oxymoronal phrase?

    Back on topic.... I've been fired up about the EG but wafe's and woody's reports are certainly stoking the fire.

    I really need to ride one.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  47. #47
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    LOL. Is that what you'd call an oxymoronal phrase?

    Back on topic.... I've been fired up about the EG but wafe's and woody's reports are certainly stoking the fire.

    I really need to ride one.

    She's six.... what do you expect her to make?

  48. #48
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    She's six.... what do you expect her to make?
    A nice walnut armchair??


    Check my Site

  49. #49
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    A nice walnut armchair??


    No kidding! I'm pretty sure she just made some shallow blob, and somebody said "ashstray"!.. what an arteeest.

  50. #50
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Don't forget rednecks....
    Yup! Often one in the same, I guess.

  51. #51
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Well Titi Brothers

    I have been in contact with Jeff at Titus, he is thinking we could well get Ti El G's by Christmas....mmmmmmmmmmm

    So the frame numbering goes like this

    #0.5 = Whafe
    #0.5 = TiE
    #1 = BA
    #2 = BL
    #3 = AM
    #4 = Kovi

    and so on and so on....

    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  52. #52
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377


    Once I told my GF I wanted to buy a new bike, and she said "but you already have a bike"?

  53. #53
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness



    Once I told my GF I wanted to buy a new bike, and she said "but you already have a bike"?
    A ride for a ride is only fair !!!!!!!!!!!!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,561
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    No kidding! I'm pretty sure she just made some shallow blob, and somebody said "ashstray"!.. what an arteeest.
    He he. Well when you make it in Sunday School it seems like they should tell her it's a candy dish or something. Just seems kinda counterintuitive to be encouraging vices at church I guess. But it is good of you to try and take up smoking to make her feel like her gift was appreciated.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: golfduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    359
    hey whafe, did Jeff have any speculation about the Ti frame weight by chance??? I heard through the grapevine that it would be noticeably lighter than its Al counterpart???

    ElGaup demo tomorrow. I took a half day off of work specifically for the occasion.

  56. #56
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness



    Once I told my GF I wanted to buy a new bike, and she said "but you already have a bike"?
    While not as lucky as BL (my wife doesn't ride mtb's), but she did encourage me to get another bike (because she said it would save time...rather than swapping parts all the time).

    My new goal is talking her into letting me get a dirt bike...
    Extreme stationary biker.

  57. #57
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    While not as lucky as BL (my wife doesn't ride mtb's), but she did encourage me to get another bike (because she said it would save time...rather than swapping parts all the time).

    My new goal is talking her into letting me get a dirt bike...
    I have to lock up my bike inside my house, because I have caught my wife twice trying to dump my bike to the thrash... Something tells me she doesn't really likes me biking.
    Check my Site

  58. #58
    txn
    txn is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: txn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce

    (To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

    Likes to ride a MTB
    Likes to spend lots of cash on a MTB
    Thinks Titus Titanium welds are sexy
    Loves lathering up her bike/man
    Thinks 'FOX' is cooler than 'Prada'
    'Shopping' means talking bikes at the LBS for 3hrs on a Saturday morning)

    A rare species indeed!

    I always knew I had a good woman.

    Here are her bikes as proof:




  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    While not as lucky as BL (my wife doesn't ride mtb's), but she did encourage me to get another bike (because she said it would save time...rather than swapping parts all the time).

    My new goal is talking her into letting me get a dirt bike...
    The GF don't choose to understand ...more travel, tru axle, coil shox, DH geomtry, Formula Brakes blah blah blah...
    but she does understand heavy. soooo.... you build up the big heavy bike first, 40 pounds or so. you then tell her you need the light XC bike, because the first bike is too heavy..

  60. #60
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    The GF don't choose to understand ...more travel, tru axle, coil shox, DH geomtry, Formula Brakes blah blah blah...
    but she does understand heavy. soooo.... you build up the big heavy bike first, 40 pounds or so. you then tell her you need the light XC bike, because the first bike is too heavy..

    Yup, that's how I did it. It's not the only way, but it works.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  61. #61
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,861
    My wife bought me a Loco Moto, which I broke, and got a Moto Lite. So the way I see it, she bought me a ML. Schweeet!!! Oh, and she got one for herself too. Super schweeeet! Now who's lucky. Memememememe!

  62. #62
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    but she does understand heavy. soooo.... you build up the big heavy bike first, 40 pounds or so. you then tell her you need the light XC bike, because the first bike is too heavy..
    Hmmmm...need more specifics on how to do the convincing. I ride often with my wife and I'm crying after most climbs so she "gets" that my bike is heavy and that I'm suffering. But that doesn't seem to sway her. And now that she's jonesing for a Motolite she's insisting that she is to get a new bike before I get another one. Any ideas?

  63. #63
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Hmmmm...need more specifics on how to do the convincing. I ride often with my wife and I'm crying after most climbs so she "gets" that my bike is heavy and that I'm suffering. But that doesn't seem to sway her. And now that she's jonesing for a Motolite she's insisting that she is to get a new bike before I get another one. Any ideas?

    Buy her a SuMo in your size!... Chicks don't know the diffrence.

  64. #64
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    And now that she's jonesing for a Motolite she's insisting that she is to get a new bike before I get another one. Any ideas?
    That's simple... get her her ML. Two days later, get you your EG!!!
    Check my Site

  65. #65
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Reputation: barelylegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Buy her a SuMo in your size!... Chicks don't know the diffrence.
    When they start using ML, they will know that it is the most superior bike then they will know the difference

  66. #66
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by golfduke
    hey whafe, did Jeff have any speculation about the Ti frame weight by chance??? I heard through the grapevine that it would be noticeably lighter than its Al counterpart???

    ElGaup demo tomorrow. I took a half day off of work specifically for the occasion.
    Hi ya GD, guess by the time you read this you would have demo'd a El G, hope it went great..

    Jeff never really mentioned weight. Be stoked if it indeed was lighter than its Ali counterpart, not sure though, seeing as though my Exogrid ML is the same weight as an Ali ML, purely because the carbon helps take out around a half pound I believe...

    Jeff, if you are reading this, can you give us some info......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •