Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fired Up!!!!

thats right living legend

Fired Up!!!!

I'm gettin fired up on the EG. Whafe's review along with some others has me stoked on it right now. Low BB so you can run some big ass tires, and a long fork, near perfect wieght, seems to have that legendary Titus stiffness, nice confident slack HA yet climbs as good as a ML, and rails corners? Sounds like the shiznat!
    Just wish the wallet thought so. You'd think Titus would give me the hook up since I was the "obviouse" insperation for the name?

There have been a couple other sweet looking 6" bikes in the running should I be able to make something happen with a bike that "according to demo_slug" would be better suited to my ML build and where my riding has been heading?... but for now it's all about the pimp bike.

Yeah! I'm feeling the EL-Guapo right now. What do ya'll think for your own self, Titus bros?
    Last edited by blackagness; 07-17-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    go for it!

find something to sell that you don't use anymore..... and start the "guapo fund"

Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    go for it!

find something to sell that you don't use anymore..... and start the "guapo fund"
    Good idea! I'm pretty stoked on FINALY having an "at least properly" functoning fork again though, so I can FINALY get the coil in back along with the rest of the bike dialed.

Yesterday was promising, and I can hardly waite to get her back out... hopfully today!

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Good idea! I'm pretty stoked on FINALY having an "at least properly" functoning fork again though, so I can FINALY get the coil in back along with the rest of the bike dialed.

Yesterday was promising, and I can hardly waite to get her back out... hopfully today!
    yeah.. the Zoke Stoke is back

Master of None
    There was a large Guapo on ebay a couple weeks ago, it was buy-it-now for $850.. What a deal! So keep your eyes peeled..

"El Whatever"
    Woody's Small was still going out for sale on fleabay last time I checked. Price was lower in the order of 1500, but I can't tell for certain.
    Check my Site

searcher
    I hear you BA, I got fired up on an EG , too, especially after reading Whafe's report about it. Must be a freakin good bike.
    The best would be to go somewhere and try the ML and the EG on the same trails for a couple of days.
    Kovi

the 36 year old grom
    The LOW BB thing is interesting really. On the guapo it is low compared to other 6 inch bikes.... it is low compared to my other bikes.. I've Even been thrown off my guapo due to a pedal strike..... but if you compare the BB height to the RacerX then its not so low. for example: at 30% sag the RX BB should be 11.51" while the el guapo is still 11.96" . so is it really low or are other 6 inch bikes just high? I know blacky is.

I will testify that the guapo has forced me to keep track of my pedals more. I do have a tendency to leave a pedal down when I get tired.

Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    so is it really low or are other 6 inch bikes just high? I know blacky is.

Don't be jealous.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that at some point Titus saw a pic of me somewhere on this site, and BAM!!!.... inspiration!

Fairly obviouse really.

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Yeah! I'm feeling the EL-Guapo right now. What do ya'll think for your own self, Titus bros?
    Mmm....well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Mmm....well

"El Whatever"
    Mmm....well
    What Mint said...

Do it before the Wedding arrangements put you like that... Because bikes are cheaper than weddings (Vegas-like wedding are fake, they don't count).
    Check my Site

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    What Mint said...

Do it before the Wedding arrangements put you like that... Because bikes are cheaper than weddings (Vegas-like wedding are fake, they don't count).

I thought my ML was my last pre-wedding bike, but Titus and Whafe keep messing with that plan!

(not that there's any wedding in sight.....so I suppose it's all good)

I thought my ML was my last pre-wedding bike, but Titus and Whafe keep messing with that plan!

(not that there's any wedding in sight.....so I suppose it's all good)

to the first part.

and to the second part.

Veni Vidi Vici
    This will be a good test of loyalty of your fans BA... if you get one, your fans will follow and oh of course Titus should hook you up and you are an inspiration So what are you waiting for BA! Go for it

Good Point...

Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    This will be a good test of loyalty of your fans BA... if you get one, your fans will follow and oh of course Titus should hook you up and you are an inspiration So what are you waiting for BA! Go for it

Cause in the end "for me" it really is all about the fans.

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    and to the second part.

Enjoy the single life while it lasts huh? Man....good woman are scarce these days!

(To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

Likes to ride a MTB
    Likes to spend lots of cash on a MTB
    Thinks Titus Titanium welds are sexy
    Loves lathering up her bike/man
    Thinks 'FOX' is cooler than 'Prada'
    'Shopping' means talking bikes at the LBS for 3hrs on a Saturday morning)

A rare species indeed!

Enjoy the single life while it lasts huh? Man....good woman are scarce these days!

(To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

Likes to ride a MTB

A rare species indeed!

that is an ultra rare species.... my GF doesn't fit in that definition, but eventhough she doesn't like bikes as much as I do... she said to me "You should go to that Tribe Gathering you've been talking about... that way you can meet the other "bike freaks" "

what else can one ask for?

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    that is an ultra rare species.... my GF doesn't fit in that definition, but eventhough she doesn't like bikes as much as I do... she said to me "You should go to that Tribe Gathering you've been talking about... that way you can meet the other "bike freaks" "

what else can one ask for?

Having had a GF that was anti-biking, I'd say you've got a good one

Having had a GF that was anti-biking, I'd say you've got a good one
    Thanx

Nice Week!!!

Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.

Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.
    Sweet! Happy for ya', BA!

Bike to the Bone...

Cool....

so... which color did you order for your El Guapo?

Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Cool....

so... which color did you order for your El Guapo?

iridescent turquoise.

iridescent turquoise.
    hey.. that's a Yeti color

hey.. that's a Yeti color
    ooops! I ment doo doo brown.

ooops! I ment doo doo brown.
    HAHAHAHA

"El Whatever"

G R E A T!!!!!
    Check my Site

G R E A T!!!!!

BTW Warp. I performed that little procedure we discussed with my AM Z1, and it appeared go smoothly enough except some oil came spurting out for a second. Which means I'll prob have to bleed it. but other than that I think it might have worked though I havn't tried it yet.

I just hope I screwed it on tight enough?

"El Whatever"
    BTW Warp. I performed that little procedure we discussed with my AM Z1, and it appeared go smoothly enough except some oil came spurting out for a second. Which means I'll prob have to bleed it. but other than that I think it might have worked though I havn't tried it yet.

I just hope I screwed it on tight enough?
    Yeah, bro... Bleed it.

There's a sticky on the shock's board with a video showing how to do it.

It doesn't need to be dead-tight... That's fine for ... uh.. nevermind.. but it just needs to be tight. Consider you have to service it sometime in the future and the threads work in other direction.

Would you don't have a vice to hold the cart, use the method I already mentioned to you for the shaft. The compression assembly will be VERY tight (especially for hand force holding the cartridge) the first time.

Other than that... pop a beer and take your time and you'll be fine. Once you have it completely bled and assembled, move the rebound register from end to end to check any potential problem.

CONGRATS!!! Now you will have TWO killer forks!
    Check my Site

"El Whatever"
    Yeah, bro... Bleed it.

There's a sticky on the shock's board with a video showing how to do it.

It doesn't need to be dead-tight... That's fine for ... uh.. nevermind.. but it just needs to be tight. Consider you have to service it sometime in the future and the threads work in other direction.

Would you don't have a vice to hold the cart, use the method I already mentioned to you for the shaft. The compression assembly will be VERY tight (especially for hand force holding the cartridge) the first time.

Other than that... pop a beer and take your time and you'll be fine. Once you have it completely bled and assembled, move the rebound register from end to end to check any potential problem.

CONGRATS!!! Now you will have TWO killer forks!

Forgot to mention...

To prevent damaging that foot piece once more, when you're about to undo the footnut on that side, inflate the fork to something like 20 psi (no, air will not come out unless you have some nicks on that foot piece or the bottom of your lowers).

Same before final tightening. Otherwise, the footnut makes the footpiece and cartridge's shaft to spin before getting properly tight... unless you have some pneumatic (impact) wrench. Factories use impact wrenches. Saves time and the speed and torque used make the assembly a breeze.
    Check my Site

the 36 year old grom
    Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20
    I figured its always 4:20 for blacky .

Forgot to mention...

To prevent damaging that foot piece once more, when you're about to undo the footnut on that side, inflate the fork to something like 20 psi (no, air will not come out unless you have some nicks on that foot piece or the bottom of your lowers).

Same before final tightening. Otherwise, the footnut makes the footpiece and cartridge's shaft to spin before getting properly tight... unless you have some pneumatic (impact) wrench. Factories use impact wrenches. Saves time and the speed and torque used make the assembly a breeze.

Will do!

No impact wrenches, but I couldn't live without a vice!

I figured its always 4:20 for blacky .
    aaaah? yeah, I shoulda used a comma or somethin there? Other than that I don't get it.

the 36 year old grom
    aaaah? yeah, I shoulda used a comma or somethin there? Other than that I don't get it.
    4:20 is northern Cali slang for time to get "fired up"

4:20 is northern Cali slang for time to get "fired up"

Hey!! That's what I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!

not so super...
    Hey!! That's what I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!
    Ya'll had me excited about some 420

For your next Drive to the ATL

...and once you get here.
    Nothing to see here.

Ha! Now I Get It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    You had me excited about some 420
    And thanks SSinga!!! Very good timing!

I'll be leaving for the ATL in about 5 minutes!!! I'll be taking the bike yay!!! and I'll be hitting up Blanketts tomorrow cause I "thought" I heard CP might be closed "or something" maybe I'll look into Sunday on that one I've been dieing to give her a go with the DHX coil in back.

not so super...
    BA - No CP riding this weekend

Found this:

<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Central Park Closed this Weekend </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="70%" colSpan=2>Written by Jon Eichner </TD></TR><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Monday, July 16 2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>CP Bike trail closed Friday, July 20 -10:00am to Mon July 23 8:00am for National Baseball Tournament. This will be strictly enforced and violators will be prosecuted.
    Forsyth Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the Little League World series and they need all the room especially parking they can get. So they have kindly asked us to give them the room they need this weekend.
    Please be considerate and do the right thing. We'll soon be in the a similar position with upcoming events at Central Park.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Last edited by SSINGA; 07-20-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

Ah Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    BA - No CP riding this weekend

Found this:

<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Central Park Closed this Weekend </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="70%" colSpan=2>Written by Jon Eichner </TD></TR><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Monday, July 16 2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>CP Bike trail closed Friday, July 20 -10:00am to Mon July 23 8:00am for National Baseball Tournament. This will be strictly enforced and violators will be prosecuted.
    Forsyth Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the Little League World series and they need all the room especially parking they can get. So they have kindly asked us to give them the room they need this weekend.
    Please be considerate and do the right thing. We'll soon be in the a similar position with upcoming events at Central Park.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for that. I'm here now, and was about to head out there because I knew I'd read the 20th which I thought was Sat, but was Fri. You just saved me a long trip for nothing.

Veni Vidi Vici

Likes to ride a MTB

A rare species indeed!

MintSauce, you just described my GF the only difference is She thinks Marzochi is cooler than Prada ..

Big Mac
    4:20 = fire IT up, DOOD! It's popo jargon for dope smoking in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    4:20 = fire IT up, DOOD! It's popo jargon for dope smoking in progress.

What's dope?

Big Mac
    What's dope?
    Used by plumbers and roadies. Beyond that, Idunno.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Used by plumbers and roadies...
    Don't forget rednecks....
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    ..my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school ..
    LOL. Is that what you'd call an oxymoronal phrase?

Back on topic.... I've been fired up about the EG but wafe's and woody's reports are certainly stoking the fire.

I really need to ride one.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    LOL. Is that what you'd call an oxymoronal phrase?

Back on topic.... I've been fired up about the EG but wafe's and woody's reports are certainly stoking the fire.

I really need to ride one.

She's six.... what do you expect her to make?

"El Whatever"
    She's six.... what do you expect her to make?
    A nice walnut armchair??

Check my Site

A nice walnut armchair??

No kidding! I'm pretty sure she just made some shallow blob, and somebody said "ashstray"!.. what an arteeest.

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Don't forget rednecks....
    Yup! Often one in the same, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast