Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fired Up!!!!

thats right living legend

Fired Up!!!!

I'm gettin fired up on the EG. Whafe's review along with some others has me stoked on it right now. Low BB so you can run some big ass tires, and a long fork, near perfect wieght, seems to have that legendary Titus stiffness, nice confident slack HA yet climbs as good as a ML, and rails corners? Sounds like the shiznat!
    Just wish the wallet thought so. You'd think Titus would give me the hook up since I was the "obviouse" insperation for the name?

There have been a couple other sweet looking 6" bikes in the running should I be able to make something happen with a bike that "according to demo_slug" would be better suited to my ML build and where my riding has been heading?... but for now it's all about the pimp bike.

Yeah! I'm feeling the EL-Guapo right now. What do ya'll think for your own self, Titus bros?
    Last edited by blackagness; 07-17-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    go for it!

find something to sell that you don't use anymore..... and start the "guapo fund"

Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    go for it!

find something to sell that you don't use anymore..... and start the "guapo fund"
    Good idea! I'm pretty stoked on FINALY having an "at least properly" functoning fork again though, so I can FINALY get the coil in back along with the rest of the bike dialed.

Yesterday was promising, and I can hardly waite to get her back out... hopfully today!

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Good idea! I'm pretty stoked on FINALY having an "at least properly" functoning fork again though, so I can FINALY get the coil in back along with the rest of the bike dialed.

Yesterday was promising, and I can hardly waite to get her back out... hopfully today!
    yeah.. the Zoke Stoke is back

Master of None
    There was a large Guapo on ebay a couple weeks ago, it was buy-it-now for $850.. What a deal! So keep your eyes peeled..

"El Whatever"
    Woody's Small was still going out for sale on fleabay last time I checked. Price was lower in the order of 1500, but I can't tell for certain.
    Check my Site

searcher
    I hear you BA, I got fired up on an EG , too, especially after reading Whafe's report about it. Must be a freakin good bike.
    The best would be to go somewhere and try the ML and the EG on the same trails for a couple of days.
    Kovi

the 36 year old grom
    The LOW BB thing is interesting really. On the guapo it is low compared to other 6 inch bikes.... it is low compared to my other bikes.. I've Even been thrown off my guapo due to a pedal strike..... but if you compare the BB height to the RacerX then its not so low. for example: at 30% sag the RX BB should be 11.51" while the el guapo is still 11.96" . so is it really low or are other 6 inch bikes just high? I know blacky is.

I will testify that the guapo has forced me to keep track of my pedals more. I do have a tendency to leave a pedal down when I get tired.

Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    so is it really low or are other 6 inch bikes just high? I know blacky is.

Don't be jealous.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that at some point Titus saw a pic of me somewhere on this site, and BAM!!!.... inspiration!

Fairly obviouse really.

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Yeah! I'm feeling the EL-Guapo right now. What do ya'll think for your own self, Titus bros?
    Mmm....well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Mmm....well

"El Whatever"
    Mmm....well
    What Mint said...

Do it before the Wedding arrangements put you like that... Because bikes are cheaper than weddings (Vegas-like wedding are fake, they don't count).
    Check my Site

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    What Mint said...

Do it before the Wedding arrangements put you like that... Because bikes are cheaper than weddings (Vegas-like wedding are fake, they don't count).

I thought my ML was my last pre-wedding bike, but Titus and Whafe keep messing with that plan!

(not that there's any wedding in sight.....so I suppose it's all good)

I thought my ML was my last pre-wedding bike, but Titus and Whafe keep messing with that plan!

(not that there's any wedding in sight.....so I suppose it's all good)

to the first part.

and to the second part.

Veni Vidi Vici
    This will be a good test of loyalty of your fans BA... if you get one, your fans will follow and oh of course Titus should hook you up and you are an inspiration So what are you waiting for BA! Go for it

Good Point...

Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    This will be a good test of loyalty of your fans BA... if you get one, your fans will follow and oh of course Titus should hook you up and you are an inspiration So what are you waiting for BA! Go for it

Cause in the end "for me" it really is all about the fans.

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    and to the second part.

Enjoy the single life while it lasts huh? Man....good woman are scarce these days!

(To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

Likes to ride a MTB
    Likes to spend lots of cash on a MTB
    Thinks Titus Titanium welds are sexy
    Loves lathering up her bike/man
    Thinks 'FOX' is cooler than 'Prada'
    'Shopping' means talking bikes at the LBS for 3hrs on a Saturday morning)

A rare species indeed!

Enjoy the single life while it lasts huh? Man....good woman are scarce these days!

(To ensure clarity regarding the meaning of this post, a good woman is defined as follows:

Likes to ride a MTB
    Likes to spend lots of cash on a MTB
    Thinks Titus Titanium welds are sexy
    Loves lathering up her bike/man
    Thinks 'FOX' is cooler than 'Prada'
    'Shopping' means talking bikes at the LBS for 3hrs on a Saturday morning)

A rare species indeed!

that is an ultra rare species.... my GF doesn't fit in that definition, but eventhough she doesn't like bikes as much as I do... she said to me "You should go to that Tribe Gathering you've been talking about... that way you can meet the other "bike freaks" "

what else can one ask for?

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    that is an ultra rare species.... my GF doesn't fit in that definition, but eventhough she doesn't like bikes as much as I do... she said to me "You should go to that Tribe Gathering you've been talking about... that way you can meet the other "bike freaks" "

what else can one ask for?

Having had a GF that was anti-biking, I'd say you've got a good one

Having had a GF that was anti-biking, I'd say you've got a good one
    Thanx

Nice Week!!!

Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.

Well I had a kick ass week of riding on the Moto... FANALLY! I did 4 20 milers starting on Monday until yesterday. After only riding a handfull of times in the past month and a half I new I'd come back either fresh or stail, and I was suprised to find I came back rather fresh! Wich is esp suprising when you consider that since my little 6 yr old niece made me an ashtray in Sunday school I've been trying to take up smoking (what can I say, I'm a good uncle). The heat was a KILLER though, and I almost died trying to make it in yesterday.

But yesterday was the best ride yet. I'm finally getting the coil rear dialed in with the AM SL1. I totally destroyed this highspeed fire road descent with a couple nice jumps and drops. I was getting so much air at first I was bottoming out a bit which I'd never done before on this descent... but I was getting up there this day. So I just upped the BO and I was golden for the rest. Yes me happy.
    Sweet! Happy for ya', BA!

Bike to the Bone...

Cool....

so... which color did you order for your El Guapo?

Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Cool....

so... which color did you order for your El Guapo?

iridescent turquoise.

iridescent turquoise.
    hey.. that's a Yeti color

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast