Thread: Finally Yes!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Finally Yes!!

After months & an upgrade (mostly at the dealers expense, which I am very grateful for) I got my FTM Ti which is now an exogrid, YES!! Got it yesterday, hope to post some pics in the near future.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Must have pics. You are gonna love the FTM. What's your old ride?

mtbr member

Yup

Always post a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Must have pics. You are gonna love the FTM. What's your old ride?

Hey Orthorex, any more ride updates?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    I've logged a bunch of rides in the last few weeks and my initial thoughts haven't changed. The rear-end is definitely stiffer than the ML's and it's more plush. The front and rear feel more in sync with each other over choppy stuff. Hard to explain. It is a bit longer than the ML and it really feels like it to me. Much more than the actual wheel base increase would lead me to believe. I did a direct transfer of parts from my ML. After three rides, I moved my seat forward about 1.5 cm and I am now starting to feel like a may need a bit shorter stem for the first time since my RX. The hard thing is that the bike handles great right now, I just feel like my arms are a bit stretched. I am going to try a shorter stem this weekend and I'll let you know what happens.

I couldn't be more fired up about the FTM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My main ride is a SC Nomad (which is an awesome bike) also I have an older heckler. I will get some pics up as soon as I can, that thing they call work is screwing up my time.
    Right now I am torn between what pedals to use platforms w/ 5/10s or spds at the end of last season I had switched to spds so I am not real comfortable with them, but I feel I may like them better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    I've logged a bunch of rides in the last few weeks and my initial thoughts haven't changed. The rear-end is definitely stiffer than the ML's and it's more plush. The front and rear feel more in sync with each other over choppy stuff. Hard to explain. It is a bit longer than the ML and it really feels like it to me. Much more than the actual wheel base increase would lead me to believe. I did a direct transfer of parts from my ML. After three rides, I moved my seat forward about 1.5 cm and I am now starting to feel like a may need a bit shorter stem for the first time since my RX. The hard thing is that the bike handles great right now, I just feel like my arms are a bit stretched. I am going to try a shorter stem this weekend and I'll let you know what happens.

I couldn't be more fired up about the FTM.
    Cool! So the FTM seems like a really good upgrade to the ML.

"El Whatever"
    I miss the good ole days when the Titus mod would ban a thread about a new bike if pics were not posted within 48hrs after the announcement.

Oh, well....
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Ok Ok

Couldn't even wait for the pedals? I beleave I did get it in under 48 hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by synnie; 04-16-2009 at 10:25 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'll never get over how killer exogrid is.

Another way to run the lines is let the FD cable take the outside guides and sneak the RD and RB lines through the rocker and under the T-brace. Those are going to seriously rub with the constant forward movement of the rocker.

I can't wait to get your thoughts after you take it out for a spin.
    Last edited by orthorex; 04-16-2009 at 10:46 AM.

ಠ_ಠ
    great bike! what was the decision process on the fork?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the advice Orthorex I see your point about the routing. As far as the decision on the fork well the price of course & I do have a lyrik solo air on the nomad & I love it, but I wasn't sure about going to a 160 mm fork for the ftm (anybody know if it is a good idea?) & the reviews on the revelation were really optimistic, plus it is about half a pound lighter than the solo air.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by synnie
    ...I do have a lyrik solo air on the nomad & I love it, but I wasn't sure about going to a 160 mm fork for the ftm (anybody know if it is a good idea?)...
    Why not get a travel reduction kit from SRAM and try out the Lyrik on the FTM at 150 or 140mm?
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    god darn that is beautiful. Just swapped a reba maxle 120 for that same revalation 130 on my ML. How do you like the fork?
    Never play leap-frog with a unicorn!

Ti is addictive
    Dang that is one nice bike.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hey synnie. When are you going to take the FTM out?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

First Ride

Got out today, oh my I shoudn't have bought this I may never ride the nomad or any thing else again. Now, seriously after the first ride I do think this is going to be a great bike. I can't wait to get out again. I did take it easy and it responded to everything I did. I hope to post more, right now I am just feeling it out.

mtbr member
    Hey Now! That is gorgeous. You are one lucky fella.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

"El Whatever"
    Sensual... Felicidades!!!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Stock L Ti FTM felt more stretched vs. the stock L Ti ML. Today, I cut 10 mm off the fork and swapped stems. Race Face 110 mm / 6 for a Thomson 90 mm / 10. I went back to my Race Face Next XC risers because they have less up and back sweep than the Easton Monkey Lite XC.

I'm pretty sure I got it settled after swapping bars and heading back out.

Steering is quicker but still linear. With my c.g. shifted back over the lower (vs. ML) BB, this set-up is even more balanced through the downhill swoopy stuff and feels super stable over-all. Cockpit was perfect and steep climbs still felt fine.

I would love to hear others' thoughts that went from an ML to FTM.

Pics for Warp.