Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Finally got a Titus! SUPERMOTO!

Well I am SUPER excited to join all you Titus owners! Been trying to score a deal on a Supermoto for some time now and finally got a sweet used one thats going to come in the mail.

Specs:
    05 Supermoto w/ coffin link , a lighter Switchblade chainstay, and the Fox DHX4.0 coil.

-Custom pained pink by Titus
    -Maverick DUC32
    -Maverick 90mm stem
    -Chris King Headset
    -Chris King hubs and Mavic EX823(fr)/X3.1(rr) tubeless rims
    -XTR 8-speed 11-32 cassette
    -SRAM grip shifters
    -Easton MonkeyLite carbon bar
    -Salsa skewer + seatpost QR
    -Race Face Turbine LP crankset
    -Race Face Signature XC ISIS BB
    -XTR M960 front derailleur
    -X.0 rear derailleur
    -Thomson seatpost
    -Hope mini brakes
    -33 pounds w/ different pedals and saddle

Not quite sure I am a good enough rider to be rolling in pink. So, it may be back to Titus for a repaint. What do you guys think. Would you rock a pink Supermoto?

As for other changes those grip shifters have to go! Some nice x.9s should do the job

All I can say is woohoo finally got my Titus
    Last edited by cyberjad; 06-13-2007 at 10:22 AM.

"El Whatever"
    Congrats, bro!!!

I would definitively would not ride it in pink, 'cos I'm girly enough.
    Black is the color of those who know!

You mean the WHOLE rear tri is from a SB??
    Cool... that would mean that my SB can fit a SuMo rear... or my SB rear could accept a SuMo front
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Congrats, bro!!!

I would definitively would not ride it in pink, 'cos I'm girly enough.
    Black is the color of those who know!

You mean the WHOLE rear tri is from a SB??
    Cool... that would mean that my SB can fit a SuMo rear... or my SB rear could accept a SuMo front

Thanks Warp

As for the rear I am not sure. I am waiting to hear back from the seller on if its the chainstay or seatstay or both that where switched...I am hoping the geometery was not altered that much.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjad
    Thanks Warp

As for the rear I am not sure. I am waiting to hear back from the seller on if its the chainstay or seatstay or both that where switched...I am hoping the geometery was not altered that much.
    It looks like a whole, but I'm not very aware of the progression of the SuMo.

However, a little bird had already told me it was maybe possible and I don't think geo would have been affected.

I'd take one of those "XC" SuMo's with the 5.7"-air link any day...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    It looks like a whole, but I'm not very aware of the progression of the SuMo.

However, a little bird had already told me it was maybe possible and I don't think geo would have been affected.

I'd take one of those "XC" SuMo's with the 5.7"-air link any day...
    Hmmmm interesting on the rear end. This has the 6/7" link but I was thinking it might be nice with the air rear end. The bike is quite light for what it is already though AND i am building a very light Chumba mamba right now that was supposed to be the substitute dream sense I could never find my Titus...UNTIL NOW!

Yea so the Chumba is black if I repaint the SM I was thinking maybe blue or silver. That pink is oddly growing on me though!

BTW Warp I think you just hit your 10,000 post. Congrads on that man!

"El Whatever"
    BTW Warp I think you just hit your 10,000 post. Congrads on that man!
    Thanks, Bro... In my case, I don't know if that's something to brag about...
    Check my Site

Trophy Husband
    32 pounds! Dude, you're stoked! I like the pink. Ride it like you got a pair...forget what other people think.

I'm curious how those tires ride...been looking at trying those out on my SuMo.

I'd try and find a short pier and take a long walk with the Maverick fork though. Seems to be the weak link in your battle gear. I've heard they can be ok with featherweights though.

Welcome to the club.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Pink is good keep it pink

Congratulations Titus cyberjad !~!

the 36 year old grom
    keep it pink. let the bike have an identity. 99.9% of huck bikes are black. I've actually been on group rides as large as 8 people, where, every bike was black. every one.

having a little color is cool. doesn't matter. just ride it more. but, if you are insecure then go ahead and paint it.

and there is no way that thing weighs 32 pounds. thats a 10+ pound frame ( PS mine was 11 pounds).

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Pink is good keep it pink

Congratulations Titus cyberjad !~!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    keep it pink. let the bike have an identity. 99.9% of huck bikes are black. I've actually been on group rides as large as 8 people, where, every bike was black. every one.

having a little color is cool. doesn't matter. just ride it more. but, if you are insecure then go ahead and paint it.

and there is no way that thing weighs 32 pounds. thats a 10+ pound frame ( PS mine was 11 pounds).

We will see on the pink. Growing on me for sure and it seems like you guys sure like the idea! I know the guys at the shop are gunna rip on me for months though But I guess ill have to wait to see it in person.

As for the weight I think 32 pounds is a believable number...keep in there are a lot of light parts in that build. That fork is sub 4 pounds, the wheels are going to be quite light with those CK hubs, CK headset and carbon bar saves some weight, and hope brakes shed some grams. Ill throw it up on the shop scale when I get in and see for myself.

I bought it from a bike shop owner so I am trusting he is being at least relatively honestl about the bike.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    congrats cyberjad... looks great.. that pink sure makes a statement!

thats right living legend
    Great looking bike!!! Bubble gums my favorite food!

Bodhisattva
    Pink is Punk !

Schweeeeet
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    congrats cyberjad... looks great.. that pink sure makes a statement!

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Great looking bike!!! Bubble gums my favorite food!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Pink is Punk !

Schweeeeet

Thanks for all the crongrads and positive commends guys!

I must say its awesome how active the Titus forum is! A real change from hanging around the Ellsworth forum. Making me that much most excited for the new bike

the 36 year old grom
    We will see on the pink. Growing on me for sure and it seems like you guys sure like the idea! I know the guys at the shop are gunna rip on me for months though But I guess ill have to wait to see it in person.

As for the weight I think 32 pounds is a believable number...keep in there are a lot of light parts in that build. That fork is sub 4 pounds, the wheels are going to be quite light with those CK hubs, CK headset and carbon bar saves some weight, and hope brakes shed some grams. Ill throw it up on the shop scale when I get in and see for myself.

I bought it from a bike shop owner so I am trusting he is being at least relatively honestl about the bike.
    mine is 37LBs . I've got the same CK stuff. CK head set. CK hubs and rims. 823s run tubeless.... XO RD, formula brakes. all thomson. I see maybe 2 pounds difference but not 5. and this is by far the lightest I've ever gotten mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    mine is 37LBs . I've got the same CK stuff. CK head set. CK hubs and rims. 823s run tubeless.... XO RD, formula brakes. all thomson. I see maybe 2 pounds difference but not 5. and this is by far the lightest I've ever gotten mine.

Beautiful bike man

As for the weight yea I think 32 pounds may be a stretch. I figured about 2.5 pounds under yours between the fork, shifters, seapost, and handlebar. Other places it may be lighter though are the saddle, rear end (remember I have the lighter rear end), and tires.

Knowing that tires can make a huge difference what kind are you running?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Black Beauty ... I can't believe retirement is on the way

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Black Beauty ... I can't believe retirement is on the way
    its in a box. RIP little SuMo..

the tires are Spec. enduro 2.4 2bliss... they are 999grams each.

the last ride on it, it was actually 36.1 pounds. but I didn't snap a picture. that was with DT swiss 5.1s and Kings ( much lighter wheelset) and a WTB pure stealth saddle, 240g. and some "lighter" time pedals XEs. so with that build, If I removed both tires. it would be 32Lbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

the last ride on it, it was actually 36.1 pounds. but I didn't snap a picture. that was with DT swiss 5.1s and Kings ( much lighter wheelset) and a WTB pure stealth saddle, 240g. and some "lighter" time pedals XEs. so with that build, If I removed both tires. it would be 32Lbs.
    Box ?~?

Sorry you didn't get a last photo

Good-bye SuMo

Trophy Husband

Personally, I think you made a bad decision. Should have kept the SuMo. But, it's your money. New bikes are fun though.

Any rides on it yet?

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Personally, I think you made a bad decision. Should have kept the SuMo. But, it's your money. New bikes are fun though.

Any rides on it yet?
    I've had that sumo since 2004..... its a top notch bike. there was nothing wrong with it at all. and I'm super picky. even the cable routing was great. and its real easy to ride a wheelie on. a very fun bike to ride..... but the geometry is so much different then my ML. all the techneque I use when I ride the ML doesn't translate to hustling the SuMo. its a free ride bike. I really restpect titus for makeing something defferent and good. the SuMo jumps much better then the ML for sure, I'm not so stoked on jumping....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've had that sumo since 2004..... its a top notch bike. there was nothing wrong with it at all. and I'm super picky. even the cable routing was great. and its real easy to ride a wheelie on. a very fun bike to ride..... but the geometry is so much different then my ML. all the techneque I use when I ride the ML doesn't translate to hustling the SuMo. its a free ride bike. I really restpect titus for makeing something defferent and good. the SuMo jumps much better then the ML for sure, I'm not so stoked on jumping....

Makes a lot of sense to me demo_slug. Thats why Im going to go ahead and finish (!?!?!) building my Mamba (basically same thing as the Chumba all mountain EVO) as a lighter more trail friendly bike

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover

Any rides on it yet?
    you know what makes less since....buying a frame and not building it for a few months.

I would have already popped the cherry on that XCL.

Trophy Husband
    you know what makes less since....buying a frame and not building it for a few months.

I would have already popped the cherry on that XCL.
    touche.

Yeah, I thought about it after I villified you earlier...and I was wrong. You've had that frame for a long time. Time for a change. After a few years on my SuMo, I'll likely look for something a little different as well. Wonder what Cocalis will be cooking up in 2 years?

So any ride reports on the baby blue, Fanboy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast