Inspired by the recent limited edition offerings courtsey of Titus, such as the orange/polished aluminum combo and more recently the Ganja Edition, I set forth to create my own limited edition ride, dubbed "The Liberty Project." Inspired by her Made in the USA roots, I decided on a patriotic red, white and blue color scheme. Although she has been trail ready since December, I finally have her (Liberty) exactly built the way I want it. Well one exception....if only i could get my hands on some anodized red pivot bolts. But I am done investing in this bike for a while....there is nothing more I want to do other than get her pushed one day. (don't let the PUSH sticker on the HV can fool you). Plus if I spend any more money, I run the risk of losing my wife and kids!
So without further ado, here is my part spec:
- 2008 ML Ti Medium
- 2008 Fox RP23 with HV air sleeve
- 2008 Rock Shox Revelation 426 air 130mm
- Wheelset: Hope Pro II hubs on Stans ZTR Olympic Rims, Kenda Nevegal Tires with Stan's sealant and Hope Ano Blue Skewers
- Avid Juicy Ultimate Brakes with Ano Blue Straitline levers
- Chris King Ano Red Headset
- Chris King Ano Red BB
- Race Face Deux XC Crankset, 175mm
- Shimano XT rear derailleur / SRAM X.9 front derailleur
- Shimano XT cassette 11-32 / Shimano XT Chain
- Race Face Next SL Carbon Seatpost
- Race Face Next XC Carbon Bars, 1.5" rise, 31.6 diameter
- Lizard Skins lock on grips
- FSA White OS Stem w/ carbon faceplate
- Hope Tech Ano Blue Seat Collar
- Hope Tech Mini Mono Brake Rotors in Ano Red...160mm rear / 183mm front
- Lastly a couple anodized boodies from purely custom such as lock on grips, stem cap, valve caps, bar plugs and water bottle screws.
I still need to have her weighed. I am certain she will be under 27 lbs and might even be under 26. I will ride over to my LBS and weigh her this weekend. She sure feels light as hell. This is just one fantastic bike that just gets more fun to ride. And with the nastywinter, I only have 100 miles on her...the best is certainly yet to come!
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 11 of 11