mtbr member

Finally Complete! My 2008 Moto-Lite Ti LE Liberty

Inspired by the recent limited edition offerings courtsey of Titus, such as the orange/polished aluminum combo and more recently the Ganja Edition, I set forth to create my own limited edition ride, dubbed "The Liberty Project." Inspired by her Made in the USA roots, I decided on a patriotic red, white and blue color scheme. Although she has been trail ready since December, I finally have her (Liberty) exactly built the way I want it. Well one exception....if only i could get my hands on some anodized red pivot bolts. But I am done investing in this bike for a while....there is nothing more I want to do other than get her pushed one day. (don't let the PUSH sticker on the HV can fool you). Plus if I spend any more money, I run the risk of losing my wife and kids!

So without further ado, here is my part spec:

- 2008 ML Ti Medium
    - 2008 Fox RP23 with HV air sleeve
    - 2008 Rock Shox Revelation 426 air 130mm
    - Wheelset: Hope Pro II hubs on Stans ZTR Olympic Rims, Kenda Nevegal Tires with Stan's sealant and Hope Ano Blue Skewers
    - Avid Juicy Ultimate Brakes with Ano Blue Straitline levers
    - Chris King Ano Red Headset
    - Chris King Ano Red BB
    - Race Face Deux XC Crankset, 175mm
    - Shimano XT rear derailleur / SRAM X.9 front derailleur
    - Shimano XT cassette 11-32 / Shimano XT Chain
    - Race Face Next SL Carbon Seatpost
    - Race Face Next XC Carbon Bars, 1.5" rise, 31.6 diameter
    - Lizard Skins lock on grips
    - FSA White OS Stem w/ carbon faceplate
    - Hope Tech Ano Blue Seat Collar
    - Hope Tech Mini Mono Brake Rotors in Ano Red...160mm rear / 183mm front
    - Lastly a couple anodized boodies from purely custom such as lock on grips, stem cap, valve caps, bar plugs and water bottle screws.

I still need to have her weighed. I am certain she will be under 27 lbs and might even be under 26. I will ride over to my LBS and weigh her this weekend. She sure feels light as hell. This is just one fantastic bike that just gets more fun to ride. And with the nastywinter, I only have 100 miles on her...the best is certainly yet to come!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never play leap-frog with a unicorn!

searcher
    Defenetly like it!
    Kovi

mtbr member

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Defenetly like it!
    just got her weighed today...just a hair over 26 lbs. on a non-digital scale

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

how you fell...

how you fell the ride...do you notice some difference between Alum..to the Ti?

mtbr member
    sweet.

mtbr member

Cool

Very nice bike! Enjoy.

MTB SOCAL
    Nice! I like the colors. Have you considered a white saddle and / or fork? That would tie in the other white bits a little better. Enjoy the ride.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member

White fork yes....

...I think i will wait for the 2010 revelation that comes in white. Hadn't thought of a white saddle until just recently and I tried white grips...that was a waste. They were brown after 15 minutes of riding

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by []D[][]v[][]D
    ...I think i will wait for the 2010 revelation that comes in white. Hadn't thought of a white saddle until just recently and I tried white grips...that was a waste. They were brown after 15 minutes of riding
    How are you liking the HV can on the RP23?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    How are you liking the HV can on the RP23?
    you know, I am still trying to figure it out. for a 190 lbs rider, I have 160 psi in it...about 10 psi higher than I ran in the small can get get 30% sag. Initailly it is a more supple ride on smaller chatter type stuff but then seems to have a dead zone towards the middle of the stroke. In general, on seated climbs it appears more active than the small can with pro pedal turned off. It absorbs big hits effortlessly....repeatedly hit a 3 footer to a flat landing and did not botton the shock. What i would loike to do it ride the same loop with each back to back...

Being that I have both cans, I plan on calling Darren at Push this week to get some feedback from him. I think I will eventually puch the shock as well and am curious as to what his take would be on a Pushed HV shock

ಠ_ಠ