Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

Finally built up the Racer-X frame I got off the bay...

this winter, and I think it turned out rather well. Pity I've already sold it and won't get to enjoy it. Had a woman come buy a norco b-line off me sunday, and her husband mentioned he was hoping to get a full suspension also. I showed him a few things including the racer-x's frame, told him how I planned to build it and about the parts I was going to use, and last night he contacts me to commission me to build it for him.

The total build cost me $1295cdn and I've sold it to the guy for $1500 making for a small $205 profit for my time/labour. Its a 2006 frame with a 2005 Manitou Minute Two fork with the SPV Evolve damper, built the wheels myself with double-butted wheelsmith spokes on Vuelta Montagna Lite 32H disc rims and Novatec hubs, and the FSA carbon octalink crankset was another ebay score. The SLX shadow rear derailleur and deore shifters came from a local guy via pinkbike. The FSA OS-115 stem (which retails around $150+) was in the $5 stem bin at a local shop. I bought TWO of them at the same time, they're both brand new. The Hutchinson Piranha AirLite 2.3s were clearouts from Norco I got a couple years ago for $8 each while working at another shop. The Ritchey pedals were in the $20 clipless pedals bin of the same shop as I got the stem (and two thomson elite stems, also for $5 in brand new condition). Final result for this 2x9 setup with 100/130mm travel is 12.6kg / 27.75 pound. The new owner is coming to collect it tommorow.

I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I love building bikes for other people. It's nice when some one comes to the shop with an open mind (and wallet)....
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"