Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Fellow Titus Owners

Was just reading the upcoming Turner Homer Convention up coming in Sep I think.....That is true good organising, TCheezy is a machine. He knows no boundries, he is coming from Alaska... Good on him.............. Yeah ha

That sounds fantastic, a great time to put faces to the MTBR handles... .... Not at all wanting to copy them at all, but we should give some thought to something like that at some stage, would be a blast.................

What are the thoughts from all the Titi owners, Chris may come along to something like that, a real send off somehow................

THOUGHTS????.................. .
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

searcher
    My thought is that it is a great idea! I was thinking the same before ,that it would be nice to see you all personally somehow, and have a ride together.
    Without any promise , I cannot stop thinking to have a trip to Fruita this fall....
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

count me in...

Im in utah and I just built up my girlfriends racer x to go along with my own. we can travel to fruita or to moab, just keep us all posted!
    af73

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    My thought is that it is a great idea! I was thinking the same before ,that it would be nice to see you all personally somehow, and have a ride together.
    Without any promise , I cannot stop thinking to have a trip to Fruita this fall....
    What month in your fall are you thinking... Everything starts with a few thoughts... Let us put something in motion.............

Fruita..... mmmmmmmmm
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"

Good job!

More thoughts etc

What is the best airport to fly to, Denver or Salt Lake City

Driving time from SLC?

Driving time from Denver?

Would it be advisable to do both Fruita & Moab?

Some maps etc for us out of country folk, I would so make the effort if there were a crowd going for sure..... Come on people, get your thoughts in, thought there would be more thoughts than just Kovi's and af73.............. I know you are busy.................Lets hear from you
    Attached Images Attached Images

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    What month in your fall are you thinking... Everything starts with a few thoughts... Let us put something in motion.............

Fruita..... mmmmmmmmm
    End of Sept, early Oct.
    Yeah, Fruita. Singletrack paradise.... Man, would be great, we could also visit Arizona and Moab or whatever places...... I saw those great riding pictures, makes me wanna go.
    Although it would be much cheaper for me to go to Barcelona and have a ride there, and we could get those lazy americans and mexicans over here to show some european riding style...
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Greetings from England.

Damn you all live so far away. I would love to go back to Fruita/Moab someday, but I've already booked my holiday this year. Maybe next year eh?

searcher
    As I just spent some days with some guys from Colorado, they said it is the easiest to fly to Denver , Fruita is a 3 hour drive from there. There is another smaller airport closer, but they had different opinions about that.
    Kovi

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey74
    Greetings from England.

Damn you all live so far away. I would love to go back to Fruita/Moab someday, but I've already booked my holiday this year. Maybe next year eh?

cancel your booking!
    Kovi

"Its All Good"
    As I just spent some days with some guys from Colorado, they said it is the easiest to fly to Denver , Fruita is a 3 hour drive from there. There is another smaller airport closer, but they had different opinions about that.
    Likewise am sure it would be cheaper for me to come to you also. But it has to be done the Fruita, Moab thing................

Good to know Denver is the best airport, 3 hours is a breeze............

I would like it if it was more into October, dont want heat too much, am trying hard to get used to the heat here in Barcelona, dam heat is doing my head in...........

Lets await some US of A folk to help us with timings etc, best months etc and a little more info....

Here is a site am sure you have found also:

http://www.fruitamountainbike.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You guys gotta do it.

Likewise am sure it would be cheaper for me to come to you also. But it has to be done the Fruita, Moab thing................

Good to know Denver is the best airport, 3 hours is a breeze............

I would like it if it was more into October, dont want heat too much, am trying hard to get used to the heat here in Barcelona, dam heat is doing my head in...........

Lets await some US of A folk to help us with timings etc, best months etc and a little more info....

Here is a site am sure you have found also:

http://www.fruitamountainbike.com/

I did a week long trip in Fruita/Moab and it was simply awsome. We flew into Denver and drove over to Fruita. Moab is another 1.5 hours past Fruita.

We stayed in hotels; no problems w/ Fruita, but Moab seems to be more of a tourist destination and it was a bit harder to find a place.

Dave

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Peace Love and Understanding

With the goal of reconciliation, cooperation, and friendship in mind, and to further world peace, I suggest a combined gathering of Turner and Titus owners. If nothing else, there would be more bikers, and would generate some great discussions/competition.
    Maybe we just crash their party. Imagine elbowing Jerk Chicken off Joe's Ridge to see how sturdy his Turner really is.
    Otherwise, Fruita rocks. Check with Over the Edge Cycles, the local trailbuilders and Titus mavens. http://www.fruitamountainbike.com/ http://www.otesports.com/
    Between Fruita and nearby Grand Junction, you'll have a week of riding different singletrack. Moab is just a hop, skip, and wheelie drop away.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Afraid I can't cancel my holiday: I've paid for it, and the flights too. Looks like two weeks bikin' in the Alps for me instead

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    Imagine elbowing Jerk Chicken off Joe's Ridge to see how sturdy his Turner really is.
    AWESOME!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    With the goal of reconciliation, cooperation, and friendship in mind, and to further world peace, I suggest a combined gathering of Turner and Titus owners. If nothing else, there would be more bikers, and would generate some great discussions/competition.
    Maybe we just crash their party. Imagine elbowing Jerk Chicken off Joe's Ridge to see how sturdy his Turner really is.
    Would be a blast, we would then see who is good at being lippy in the flesh, easy being lippy on the net........LOL

You dont sound keen Bob, you wouldnt really have a say in it, you would be expected to attend.....................

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    AWESOME!
    Duly, you make a good point, but we need more imput from you on this thread, you are in the know.............

Bike to the Bone...
    Whafe & Co..

As much as I would like to go and know you all, it's hard for me because I'm in a masters and don't have much time to go on vacations.

This gatherings are really fun, and it's great knowing guys & gals from here. I hope you finally can arrange the meeting and have a great time!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightySchmoePong
    I did a week long trip in Fruita/Moab and it was simply awsome. We flew into Denver and drove over to Fruita. Moab is another 1.5 hours past Fruita.

We stayed in hotels; no problems w/ Fruita, but Moab seems to be more of a tourist destination and it was a bit harder to find a place.

Dave
    I don't know. If I wanted to travel to Moab, I'd definitely fly to SLC. Moab is maybe 220 miles from SLC and probably 340 or so from DIA. Also, the airport at SLC is a breeze. You'll waste an extra hour at DIA. The place is hell (l live near denver, and used to live in SLC).

Fruita is probably half-way between the two.

I'd like to know what car was driven to get from Denver to Fruita in 3 hours. Must've been averaging close to 90 mph. I'd say that it takes a little longer for most people.

"El Whatever"
    I'll see... sounds very sweet!
    Check my Site

screamer
    Sounds excellent, folks!
    I did this drive last summer, and I think 3 hours depends on what car you're driving. If you happen to be in, say, a crappy '96 VW Golf, it's more like 5. There are some big-ass mountains between Denver & Fruita! It's really an incredible drive, though. One of the most scenic I can remember (see photo).
    As for my attendance, we have a kid on the way, so there are a lot of unknowns. I wouldn't really be able to commit until closer to the time. But Sept/Oct sound great in terms of weather!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Not at all wanting to copy them at all, but we should give some thought to something like that at some stage, would be a blast..................
    The Homers are just hard up for friends. I mean it's like a Star Trek convention. ;-)
    People don't think it be like it is, but it do - Oscar Gamble

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie
    Sounds excellent, folks!
    I did this drive last summer, and I think 3 hours depends on what car you're driving. If you happen to be in, say, a crappy '96 VW Golf, it's more like 5. There are some big-ass mountains between Denver & Fruita! It's really an incredible drive, though. One of the most scenic I can remember (see photo).
    As for my attendance, we have a kid on the way, so there are a lot of unknowns. I wouldn't really be able to commit until closer to the time. But Sept/Oct sound great in terms of weather!
    Thanks budgie, I too thought SLC is a breeze getting through the airport etc. Closer too to Moab, so could end there I guess................

Mind you we need some people first. I will not commit to come from Spain unless some of our fellow Titi from the US of A are in.......................

mtbr member
    May 2004
    If you guys are camping (moab) its still decent at night in september, but went you get into october its in the 30's and 40's at night. If you hotel it then you don't have anything to worry about.

mtbr member
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *gasp* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (I'm not laughing at you.)

Are you sure those guys were from Colorado? I'm suprised they would suggest you drive over the mountains when you don't have to do it.

I worked out the time and car rental fees on my previous trip and it's not worth flying into Grand Junction, if that's the smaller airport you were talking about.

It's more than three hours and possibly closer to four or five or six if my memory serves me correctly. I'd also suggest flying into SLC because you don't have to drive through the mountains in bad weather. I've done the drive from Denver, in bad weather (late april sleet storm), at night in a rented SUV, that I thought was going to roll everytime I took a freak'n corner. Seriously, how do people drive those things? I felt like I was in a big rig and hated it.

I was told by people once I got to Fruita that flying into SLC is the better way.

I'll fly into SLC and drive 80 in the flat straight desert and stop at a few other places to ride on my way to Moab and Fruita. I'm also renting a Subaru this time.

Don't get me wrong the drive through the mountain during the day is beautiful but I'd never do it in the fall or spring at night again especially in a vehicle that has handling I hate and I'm not used to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eman2
    If you guys are camping (moab) its still decent at night in september, but went you get into october its in the 30's and 40's at night. If you hotel it then you don't have anything to worry about.
    I slept outside with just a bag no bivy or tent in Slick rock park in the middle of October. I think I put a toque on one night and kept my long underwear in the bag with me in case I got cold in the middle of the night. I should note that I like to sleep cold and I may be crazy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast