mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Fair price for a Titus FCR frame?

Hi,

I haven;t dabbled in the MTB world for a while and am considering getting back in.

A friend has a very mint Titus FCR titanium hardtail frame only that he is willing to sell, It's set up for disc only so I know its about a 2004 or 2005 frame. There is no damage of any type.

What would be a fair price?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    you dont wanna buy that!! give me his number and i will call to scold him for trying to sell it to you!! :-)

But seriously i do not know what a fair price is...

Viva Las Peli Taco
    Dec 2006
    I would venture a like new FCR frame should go for around 1k. After all if there is no damage and given Ti's excellent fatigue resistance you can't go wrong.

Paper or plastic?
    Roughly half what he paid for it. A Titus HCR on eBay just went for $675 a few days ago.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Do It Yourself
    Since you're not getting the benefits of a full custom frame made just for you, I wouldn't value the FCR any more than an HCR. So I would say half of the HCR price, whatever that is. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for any hardtail frame though.
    Long Live Long Rides

MTB SOCAL
    I paid about $1000 for my 05 Seven Sola ti frame last year. I also picked up a Titus ti FCR road frame with Easton SLX fork for about $900 last year. So, I would think a fair price would be about that range $900-1000. Anything lower would be a great deal.

BTW, do you still have you super light Titus road bike? I remember seeing it on roadbikereview.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03