mtbr member

F100X or F100RLC

Which fork should I go with for my RX build? I bought both forks. Pros and cons?
    Last edited by bigDspud; 06-06-2007 at 11:46 PM.
    "I wish I can play like Tiger"

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I would go with the RLC because the on/off feeling of the inertia valve is not my thing

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    get an 08 Fox... thus no X

mtbr member
    IMHO, the Terralogic damper is crap unless you are hammering 100% of the time. The damper is too on/off for average speed cruising on moderately bumpy trails.

RLC all the way.

wandering lost
    Nov 2006
    Depends on how you will use the RX.

I'm in a similar boat - building up a carbon RX, already have both a F100X and a F100RLC. In the end, I went with the F100X - I just don't like having to adjust my fork along the way during a race. And to be fair, I have been using various iterations of the F100X since 2004, mainly on S-Works Epics. So I'm pretty used to the on/off feeling. Yes, it took a little time to get used to initially, but not long - and it works.

The 2007 F100X feels even smoother compared to the 2004-05 models (never owned an 06). Both the X and the RLC are nice and stiff, especially compared to most other forks marked for XC use (here I'm thinking SID and R7 - I also have a Reba WC on my Scale LTD and it's pretty close to the RLC in weight and performance, but has a more convenient lockout).

But since you own both, why not try them both out? I'm interested in hearing your comparisons and opinions too.

mtbr member
    hmmmm Well I want to be able to pick one or the other and cash in the one I'm not using. A couple hundred bucks is better than nothing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Rlc

I had to order a new fork last week for a friends RX. Titus had their racers try both and they went with the RLC. The X is good on a hardtail or a Spec type "brain" rear. And Fox isn't making the X for '08. So I ordered the RLC.....

mtbr member
    Thanks for all of the advice! I just ordered a new '08 100RLC from Competitive Cyclist -shipped today. They're giving my credit for the X.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDspud
    Thanks for all of the advice! I just ordered a new '08 100RLC from Competitive Cyclist -shipped today. They're giving my credit for the X.
    Congratulations

mtbr member
    My "X" has a slight delay in compressing on bumps.