Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Serious question about completes!

Can the suspension spec be a little more balanced than it is on the current 26er El Guapo X9? There's something blasphemous about having a CCDBa at one end, a Lyrik R at the other.

A Monarch RT3 and Rev RLT would be a good fit, if more expensive overall than CCDB/R. There's even a 140mm 29in Sektor RL on the way. That would be masses better balanced than the EG X9's set up.
    No Lyrik 29!

Shocks will be CCDB Air though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    No Lyrik 29!

Shocks will be CCDB Air though.
    That's not what I said!

I suggested the Rev rlt or new Sektor RL29 for the front, I know there is no Lyrik 29.

The point I was trying to get across is that balancing a bike with a CCDB at one end and a dive-tastic R-spec fork is rubbish, better balance in dampers would be worth another 100 on the price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    That's not what I said!

I suggested the Rev rlt or new Sektor RL29 for the front, I know there is no Lyrik 29.

The point I was trying to get across is that balancing a bike with a CCDB at one end and a dive-tastic R-spec fork is rubbish, better balance in dampers would be worth another 100 on the price.
    Gotcha.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Brant, is the first batch of frames going to be done 7 Jan. 2013? or starting the batch? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameswr View Post
    Brant, is the first batch of frames going to be done 7 Jan. 2013? or starting the batch? Thanks.

batch completes in taiwan on that day. Painted.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    batch completes in taiwan on that day. Painted.
    Sweet!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    excited to see these, kind of fancy a long travel 29er. Have longingly looked at the Niner WFO but can't come up with the pennies for it. Hopefully this sits close to the cost of the standard 26 EG as that would be a no brainer to get one.

Would hen have to worry about the forks for it. yikes

mtbr member
    I'm in the market for a long travel 29er. An because I owned a RacerX, Titus is high on my list. But the geometry spec has me puzzled. Brant mentions super long top tubes, but the 18" has 600mm. I ride a large (18.5") Rocky Mountain Element 29 and its top tube is 605mm and I use a 100mm stem. Based on that, I would have to go with the 625mm TT version of the El Guapo. Or am I missing something? I'm 6' tall.

Also, the Titus website needs to be updated, I couldn't find geometry data for this bike on the site. Only in this post. And we need more color options although the raw would be awesome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonoskar View Post
    I'm in the market for a long travel 29er. An because I owned a RacerX, Titus is high on my list. But the geometry spec has me puzzled. Brant mentions super long top tubes, but the 18" has 600mm. I ride a large (18.5") Rocky Mountain Element 29 and its top tube is 605mm and I use a 100mm stem. Based on that, I would have to go with the 625mm TT version of the El Guapo. Or am I missing something? I'm 6' tall.

Also, the Titus website needs to be updated, I couldn't find geometry data for this bike on the site. Only in this post. And we need more color options although the raw would be awesome.
    Ah - maybe it's not so long then... Though that is on a 74.5deg seat angle - so the reach is quite long.

Deere Rider
    Ah - maybe it's not so long then... Though that is on a 74.5deg seat angle - so the reach is quite long.
    I like using Reach and Stack to size from bike to bike. Do you have a Reach number for the largest EG 29 size? Thanks for any assistance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    that is on a 74.5deg seat angle
    Interesting
    Last edited by Deerhill; 01-30-2013 at 10:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Is the rear hub 142X12?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ansman View Post
    Is the rear hub 142X12?
    Yes, and unfortunately there s no option for 135...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Titanic fail... Titus hasn't come up with anything newsworthy other than a production delay since 2010... El Guapo 29? You mean the M23? It's been 3 YEARS. Come on guys... give up already.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I am so excited for the El Guapo 29! Any more information about rear shock? DSP, or CCDB air?

screamer

beard adds mystery...

Somehow it has morphed into an On One and seems to be called the Codeine? Same bike or different-er? Those lads appear to have been sampling leftovers from the medicine cabinet again. Or, maybe it's just a long winter up north...

Codeine. Proto on-one 29er FS Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

No seat tube brace?

No HL.. Kind of looks like a frame mentioned earlier in the thread

mtbr member
    Now that's a nice looking frame.

#Edit.
    Five in travel, short stays and 67deg head angle... want, want very much.

mtbr member
    With the clusterfck over the last version of the 26" EG it's probably not a bad idea to kill the name.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    Somehow it has morphed into an On One and seems to be called the Codeine? Same bike or different-er? Those lads appear to have been sampling leftovers from the medicine cabinet again. Or, maybe it's just a long winter up north...

Codeine. Proto on-one 29er FS Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.
    Codeine is an on-one project. It's not a replacement for the EG29

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    With the clusterfck over the last version of the 26" EG it's probably not a bad idea to kill the name.
    changed my mind about this, the EG29 looks just like the 26 frame, so it makes sense. wonder if the back end will be too flexible. one thing with the EG design is the seatstay attachment ends up far forward, not sure if EG29 uses same rocker, but they could make the mount wider.

lovely mood lighting brant, hope you don't do all your engineering in the dark
    Last edited by Smiff; 02-13-2013 at 05:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    hmm, am I seeing ISCG tabs?

mtbr member
    And maybe 142 axle......
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4