Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The elusive El Guapo 29

14K views 97 replies 24 participants last post by  terrible 
#1 ·
It's been months since we've seen photos of the prototype EG 29. Any news? What's the word?

Also, any word on finish choices? I am really liking the Super Raw on the Mk3 EGs...

#75 ·
Serious question about completes!

Can the suspension spec be a little more balanced than it is on the current 26er El Guapo X9? There's something blasphemous about having a CCDBa at one end, a Lyrik R at the other.

A Monarch RT3 and Rev RLT would be a good fit, if more expensive overall than CCDB/R. There's even a 140mm 29in Sektor RL on the way. That would be masses better balanced than the EG X9's set up.

#82 ·
excited to see these, kind of fancy a long travel 29er. Have longingly looked at the Niner WFO but can't come up with the pennies for it. Hopefully this sits close to the cost of the standard 26 EG as that would be a no brainer to get one.

Would hen have to worry about the forks for it. yikes

#83 ·
I'm in the market for a long travel 29er. An because I owned a RacerX, Titus is high on my list. But the geometry spec has me puzzled. Brant mentions super long top tubes, but the 18" has 600mm. I ride a large (18.5") Rocky Mountain Element 29 and its top tube is 605mm and I use a 100mm stem. Based on that, I would have to go with the 625mm TT version of the El Guapo. Or am I missing something? I'm 6' tall.

Also, the Titus website needs to be updated, I couldn't find geometry data for this bike on the site. Only in this post. And we need more color options :) although the raw would be awesome.

#95 ·
#96 · (Edited)
changed my mind about this, the EG29 looks just like the 26 frame, so it makes sense. wonder if the back end will be too flexible. one thing with the EG design is the seatstay attachment ends up far forward, not sure if EG29 uses same rocker, but they could make the mount wider.

lovely mood lighting brant, hope you don't do all your engineering in the dark :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.