mtbr member

El Guapo Test Ride

What's going on everyone? I'm about to pull the trigger on an El Guapo frame, and opened this thread in the hopes of finding someone in the Seattle, WA area who has either a size large or medium, that I might be able to test ride before deciding. I'm between sizes, so a couple of test rides would help quite a bit. Let me know, and I really appreciate anyone even checking this post out. Looking forward to the possibility of making the decision much, much easier.

Dakhil

mtbr member
    This is the issue with the "direct to owner" sales plan that titus now has. It is nice to get the bikes cheap but some folks really like the brick and mortar stores. Without a shop to walk into and see the bikes it can be hard to drop 600-900$ on a frame. I don't think I'll buy another bike I can't sit on first.

Good luck with the search!
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    I ride a medium EG and live in Redmond. I separated my shoulder up at Stevens yesterday, so I wont be riding it for a while. It is set up with a 170mm Marzocchi and a Marzocchi Roco Air WC shock. I have it set very cushy right now. I would be happy to meet you somewhere local and let you take a spin on it.
    Titus El Guapo V2
    Marzocchi 2012 55 RC3 Evo Ti
    Marzocchi ROCO Air RC W. Cup

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatmepants View Post
    I ride a medium EG and live in Redmond. I separated my shoulder up at Stevens yesterday, so I wont be riding it for a while. It is set up with a 170mm Marzocchi and a Marzocchi Roco WC Air shock. I have it set very cushy right now. I would be happy to meet you somewhere local and let you take a spin on it.
    That would be great! Looks like you have a V2. The V2 had a slightly shorter top tube. am I right? That's fine, but I just wanted to be sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    This is the issue with the "direct to owner" sales plan that titus now has. It is nice to get the bikes cheap but some folks really like the brick and mortar stores. Without a shop to walk into and see the bikes it can be hard to drop 600-900$ on a frame. I don't think I'll buy another bike I can't sit on first.

Good luck with the search!
    Thanks! Yeah, it is tough to deal with, but the savings is substantial, and I'm either medium or large, so I'm not really shooting in the dark. Reach, effective top tube, wheelbase and so forth are helping me to narrow it down. It can be super tough though.

mtbr member
    Yes, that is correct, I have the V2. The V3 will be a little different. Shoot me a PM with your number and I will call you so we can set something up.
    Titus El Guapo V2
    Marzocchi 2012 55 RC3 Evo Ti
    Marzocchi ROCO Air RC W. Cup

mtbr member
    Okay cool!