Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 401 to 427 of 427
  1. #401
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    wow perfect setup right down to the tires fitment..........did you mention it was fs?
    fs?

  2. #402
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by SatuSetä View Post
    fs?
    = for sale

  3. #403
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17
    Aah ok

    No way! I'm not selling mine

  4. #404
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Wizards on Dually (45mm) measures 700mm in diameter and 70mm wide
    Im looking for a bit of a fat bike characteristic when going over soft or jungle growth bashing which is what I get a lot here.
    35 rims would probably push it another couple mm taller...

    Taking the rear out now to re-measure the axle center to end of the main yoke to see how much there is... Bloody Wizards are expensive tires to buy and find out they don't fit
    The difference isn't that big, I tested my friends wheelset he had the Surly Rabbit Hole (50mm) and the rear wheel was the Mavic EX729 (inner width 29mm, outer width 36mm) . The width of the Dirt Wizard was 71mm vs. 69mm the overall diameter was 690mm on both rims.

    The biggest difference in the two rims is the price, Surly 149€ vs. Mavic 52€.

    Here are some pics that I posted on a Finnish bike forum, link to post

  5. #405
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    El Guapo Set-Up Data Base-2014-08-06-20.39.11.jpg

    el Guapo V3 size M

    Fork: FOX float 34 TALAS CTD FIT kashima 160mm trail adjust
    Stem: EASTON Haven 70mm
    Handlebar: Exotic 750mm full carbon riser 20mm
    Rear shock: FOX float CTD boost valve kashima trail adjust tuned by Amachete Components
    Gear levers: Shimano SLX 10sp
    Rear derailleur: SRAM X9 9sp Mediun cage
    Front derailleur: Shimano SLX 2x10sp
    Crankset: Shimano SLX 2x10sp (24/38)
    Chain: Shimano XT 10sp
    Chainguide: Exustar c.guide v2
    Cassette: Shimano SLX 11-36T 10sp
    Wheels: EASTON Haven
    Tyres: MAXISS HRII 2.30 front ARDENT 2.35 rear
    Seatpost: RS reverb 100mm
    Seat: Celt Sport CS-D01
    Brakes: Formula RX
    Rotors: Formula 203mm front 180mm rear
    Pedals: CB Mallet2
    Grips: ESI Chunky Race

    13,450kg

    Regardsss

  6. #406
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by SatuSetä View Post
    The difference isn't that big, I tested my friends wheelset he had the Surly Rabbit Hole (50mm) and the rear wheel was the Mavic EX729 (inner width 29mm, outer width 36mm) . The width of the Dirt Wizard was 71mm vs. 69mm the overall diameter was 690mm on both rims.

    The biggest difference in the two rims is the price, Surly 149€ vs. Mavic 52€.

    Here are some pics that I posted on a Finnish bike forum, link to post
    Thanks SatuSetä
    My 48 wide rims blow the entire sidewalls to a flatter profile along the whole wall height but at 70-71mm it will still just clear the sides at the narrowest point (just behind the curve area on the stays)

    My biggest worry so far has been the diameter.. If its 690 then it will work but at 700 will have to shave a bit of knobs (based on my measurements on the bike now)

    Current 2.4 Onza Ibis on it has expanded a bit and I'm already able to run it riding hard at 11-12 psi. Anything lower starts getting pinch flats often. If a pr of Wizard comes across cheap... will definitely grab to put it on. Right now with shipping, they are more expensive than my car tires

  7. #407
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Current 2.4 Onza Ibis on it has expanded a bit and I'm already able to run it riding hard at 11-12 psi. Anything lower starts getting pinch flats often. If a pr of Wizard comes across cheap... will definitely grab to put it on. Right now with shipping, they are more expensive than my car tires
    a used DW was offered up here by Dan GSR...........Dirt Wizard 2.75 thread

  8. #408
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thinking about getting a Large El Guapo. I'm 6'3" with long arms and legs and I'm wondering if it will fit me. I'm currently riding a XL 2010 Stumpjumper FSR. (actual TT length 608mm, Effective TT 665mm)

    On the Titus it says TT 615mm, is this actual or Effective TT?

    Also, would you guys say that the CCDB upgrade is worth the extra $150?

    Build up would be a HD enduro build (Fox Van RC2 160, deemax wheels) Something that can take the abuse of a day at the park or two, but still pedal (slowly) uphill

  9. #409
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40
    I am 6'4" with the arms of someone who is 6'8" and am currently riding an el guapo large frame with 60mm stem and 750mm wide riser bars on a 170mm lyrik. It feels just fine. FYI my effective TT length measures at 595mm and I was concerned that it might be a bit short but so far no complaints!

  10. #410
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
    Thinking about getting a Large El Guapo. I'm 6'3" with long arms and legs and I'm wondering if it will fit me. I'm currently riding a XL 2010 Stumpjumper FSR. (actual TT length 608mm, Effective TT 665mm)

    On the Titus it says TT 615mm, is this actual or Effective TT?

    Also, would you guys say that the CCDB upgrade is worth the extra $150?

    Build up would be a HD enduro build (Fox Van RC2 160, deemax wheels) Something that can take the abuse of a day at the park or two, but still pedal (slowly) uphill
    last email i had from Brant was the EG is no more but that was 3 months ago and perhaps an about face happened.

  11. #411
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlouis View Post
    I am 6'4" with the arms of someone who is 6'8" and am currently riding an el guapo large frame with 60mm stem and 750mm wide riser bars on a 170mm lyrik. It feels just fine. FYI my effective TT length measures at 595mm and I was concerned that it might be a bit short but so far no complaints!
    Thanks, that helps a lot. I think I'll go with it if I can get one (see below...)

    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    last email i had from Brant was the EG is no more but that was 3 months ago and perhaps an about face happened.
    I see that now. I tried to add to cart, but it says it's out of stock. Damn. oh well, hopefully I'll find something else in my price range.

  12. #412
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post

    I see that now. I tried to add to cart, but it says it's out of stock. Damn. oh well, hopefully I'll find something else in my price range.
    seek out used if your inclined.

  13. #413
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40
    Correction to my earlier post. TT effective on large is about 615mm it's the TT length that is 595mm and my seat tube length is around 493mm which confirms my frame is a large but bottom line is no issues relative to my height.

  14. #414
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    17

    Hope

    El Guapo Set-Up Data Base-16384_10203983636124937_4399063158418882416_n.jpg

    Titus EG V3 frame
    Fox 36 RC2/180mm fork
    Rockshox Monarch RT3 shox
    Nukeproof Zero stem
    Nukeproof Warhead riser bar
    KS LEV dropper post
    Selle Italia SLR saddle
    Shimano XT I-Spec shifter
    Shimano XT shadow+ RD
    Shimano XT crank + Raceface 32T WN chain ring
    Shimano XT ice tech + 200/180mm brakes
    Shimano XT 11-36T cassette
    Shimano XT chain
    Hope Pro2 Evo + ZTR Flow wheelset
    Maxxis DHF + DHR2 3C/EXO/TR/2.3"
    13.6kg/30lb

    Phil

  15. #415
    Dirt Huffer
    Reputation: AC/BC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    Anyone with an X Fusion Slant or X Fusion Vengeance on their EG?

    I'm trying to decide between the two. I'm 155lbs and looking for either a 160mm or 170mm fork.

  16. #416
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by AC/BC View Post
    Anyone with an X Fusion Slant or X Fusion Vengeance on their EG?


    I'm trying to decide between the two. I'm 155lbs and looking for either a 160mm or 170mm fork.
    I have both on 2 diff EGs and am around your weight. Went from the older 160 air to the current 170 but coil Veng. My 2 cents is be it air or coil-- go with the 170mm option. It just fits the EG better imo.

    Used to swear by the Vengeance but that's when I rider harder and occasionally cover more gnarly stuff. I still like it now when I take my beefier EG on an occasional outing but riding mostly on the lighter EG spec with the Slant these days.


    For quick laps to the trail that's more XCish - the Slant is more than capable. A pound or so lighter does wonder for a quicker response front end esp in tighter winding sections where your speed drop frequently.

    Was used to the adjustability of the hi and lo compression on Vengeance before I had the Slant
    Was a little worried but it was just paranoia on my part.. Compression damping is generally good across Xfusion suspensions.. I never had any of their those mid-wallow or blow through issues with some others I had.
    ...and whatever they did for the Slant is pretty spot on for 150-170lb folks like u and me.

    cheers
    Den

  17. #417
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by AC/BC View Post
    Anyone with an X Fusion Slant or X Fusion Vengeance on their EG?

    I'm trying to decide between the two. I'm 155lbs and looking for either a 160mm or 170mm fork.
    A few people including myself have gone for 160mm 650b forks like the new RS pikes, X-Fusion sweeps or the Marzocchi 350s because they give the geometry of 170 fork still use 26 inch wheel of course. Then when you get your next frame which will most likely be 650b you can use the same fork.

  18. #418
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3
    Hi All
    has the production of the El Guapo frame come to an end, in 26"

    if it has its a real shame i have had a V3 for the last year and i love the bike is great for all types of riding discounting the pedal strike but i can live with that for its superb handling.

    I live in the uk and just wondered how long i can keep this frame going with parts if its a discontinued frame

    Ian

  19. #419
    Dirt Huffer
    Reputation: AC/BC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitbag101 View Post
    Hi All
    has the production of the El Guapo frame come to an end, in 26"

    if it has its a real shame i have had a V3 for the last year and i love the bike is great for all types of riding discounting the pedal strike but i can live with that for its superb handling.

    I live in the uk and just wondered how long i can keep this frame going with parts if its a discontinued frame

    Ian
    Not sure if it's come to an end? But...

    I bought my bearing kit to refresh my frame from enduroforkseals.com not On-One. Considering that they keep stock of a lot of older stuff, i'd imagine they'd do the same for the EG. But even if i'm wrong, as long as you know your bearing sizes you should be able to cross reference the size from any bearing manufacturer in the future when the bearings wear out.

  20. #420
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    hi there this is my ElGuapo in orange with the black rear triangle im not sure on what that is for or if it has been switched from newer/older model heres mine anyway

    Frame . Titus El Guapo
    Size . Med 18”
    Rear Shock . FOX Float RP23 Boost Valve Pro-Pedal
    Fork . FOX Float 34 CTD Tapered
    Fork Travel . 160mm
    Headset . Superstar Gold
    Handlebar . Renthal Fatbar 780mm 10mm Rise
    Stem . Renthal DUO 50mm
    Grips . ODI Longnecks
    Brakes . Hope Tech E4 Stealth Clear Braided Hoses
    Brake Rotors . Hope Mini M4 Floating 203mmF/203mmR
    Shifters . Sram x9 10 Speed
    Rear Derailleur . Sram X9 Type2 10 Speed
    Chainguide . Funn Chain Device (modified top with no guide)
    Cranks . Truvativ Fire-X 175mm
    Chainring . Hope 36t Narrow Wide
    Bottom Bracket . Truvativ GXP
    Pedals . DMR V12 Black
    Chain . Sram PG1030 10 speed
    Cassette . Sram PG 1070 11-25t
    Rims . Atomic Labrotories DH Rim
    Hubs . Hope ProII Santa Cruz Edition
    Spokes . DT Swiss Double Butted Black nipples
    Tires . Maxxis Minion DH F 2.35 / Maxxis High Roller R 2.35
    Saddle . Funn
    Seatpost . RockShox Reverb 125mm
    Seatpost Clamp . Hope Bolt-up


    in Kent, United Kingdom - photo by colinxc - Pinkbike

  21. #421
    mtbr member
    Reputation: George Gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Would you recommend a CC inline for an El Guapo?
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

  22. #422
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    Would you recommend a CC inline for an El Guapo?

    What's a CC George ??

  23. #423
    mtbr member
    Reputation: George Gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Cane Creek DBInline...
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

  24. #424
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11
    El Guapo Set-Up Data Base-img_20150914_160839900_hdr.jpg

  25. #425
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4

    EG 29er

    Frame . Titus El Guapo V4 29er Super RAW (I think it is the version 4)
    Size . Med 18”
    Rear Shock . FOX Float CTD Boost Valve Kashima Trail adjust
    Fork . FOX 34 Talas 110-140 CTD Tapered 51mm rake 15QR
    Fork Travel . 140mm
    Headset . Cane Creek 40 and 110 Crown Race
    Spacers . Profile Design Carbon 10mm x3
    Handlebar . Alpha Supervelos 750mm 20mm Rise
    Stem . Alpha Supervelos 60mm
    Grips . Controltech lock on grips
    Brakes . SLX ispec
    Brake Rotors . Shimano XT Icetech 180mm Front / 180mm Rear
    Shifter . SLX ispec
    Rear Derailleur . SLX Shadow+ 10 Speed
    Cranks . SLX 175mm
    Chainring . Van Zane 32t OVAL
    Bottom Bracket . Shimano XT SM-BB70
    Pedals . Dartmoor Stream
    Chain . KMC Z10-10s
    Cassette . Shimano CS-HG50-10 11-36
    Wheelset . Crank Brothers Cobalt 2 (lol)
    Tires . Continental X-King Front 2.2 / Mt. Emmons Rear 2.1
    Saddle . Velo saddle (will change to Crank Brothers Iodine 2)
    Seatpost . KS LEV Ti 125mm
    Seatpost Clamp . UltraCycle X-Lite 34.9mm, 21g

    El Guapo Set-Up Data Base-12698798_10153606841253171_2123508109_o.jpg
    Last edited by patroller97; 02-12-2016 at 04:33 AM.

  26. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40
    Question: Does anyone know the depth of the bore on the bottom of the headtube of an El Guapo 26" V3 frame? I currently have a Smoothie Mixer Headset installed by On One since purchase and thinking of replacing it with something better. The Nukeproof EC 49 lower cup has a 20mm insert and I was just wondering if it will fit? Yes I could pull the fork and measure but was hoping I could avoid that by asking this forum :-) Thanks in advance...

  27. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlouis View Post
    Question: Does anyone know the depth of the bore on the bottom of the headtube of an El Guapo 26" V3 frame? I currently have a Smoothie Mixer Headset installed by On One since purchase and thinking of replacing it with something better. The Nukeproof EC 49 lower cup has a 20mm insert and I was just wondering if it will fit? Yes I could pull the fork and measure but was hoping I could avoid that by asking this forum :-) Thanks in advance...

    not sure if the v3 eg is the tapered frame and non tapered is v2. but yes. if your frame is head tube is tapered, that will fit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •