Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

El Guapo MK 3 available in a few short weeks!

Was just informed that the MK 3 will be available in all sizes and colors (orange, white, black, & super raw) at the "end of june". Titus USA has the frame w/ monarch RT3 for $1199, $150 off the MSRP of $1349. You can order it NOW!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Cool I want to see the longer TT and 142mm!! any pics?

mtbr member
    No 142 on this. Still 135. 142 will launch with EG29

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    what headset do I need to use if I want to run a standard 1 1/8 steer tube fork?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    if i remember right, their Smoothie Mixer comes w/ 2 crown races, one that will work for you & one that won't. the Mixer is 50% off even
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    nhodge, thanks for the tip!!

mtbr member
    And that will be when????
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    No 142x12.. That's a definitive dealbreaker. QRs don't belong on all-mountain bikes.

Plus On-One doesn't appear very serious when they launch a new model but don't have any geo data availible on their websites. There's lots of talk but no hard info on the websites. The Titus Bicycles US - Titus Bicycles Website 2011/12 webpage talks about the 2010 model...

mtbr member

mtbr member

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by gladegp View Post
    No 142x12.. That's a definitive dealbreaker. QRs don't belong on all-mountain bikes.

Plus On-One doesn't appear very serious when they launch a new model but don't have any geo data availible on their websites. There's lots of talk but no hard info on the websites. The Titus Bicycles US - Titus Bicycles Website 2011/12 webpage talks about the 2010 model...
    Certainly looking forward to the 142x12 but can understand if it is too much work and effort may be needed in new models...

But info and other stuff should be updated and presented clearly... all I can say is those things help to sell frames/bikes better. From a consumer perspective I want to know exactly what I am getting and many who are looking at the EG are not some newbies...so the more they do look to such information to compare with other makes out there.

mtbr member
    I agree with you Den. I made a plea with the powers that be to get the full geo up on the site to help boost interest and sales. Hopefully something will appear soon!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    What your web developers should do is make the Titus site the main place for info on Titus bikes and look into running something like an iFrame/other call feature on the On-One site to pull in the info about Titus bikes. It is double the work to manage so many web sites that are supposed to present the same exact info.

what's that rattle?
    Canfield has the best frame geometry images that I've seen - I'd like to see Titus produce something similar based on measurements from production bikes. Many geometry tables are vague or just plain inaccurate so most of the time I don't sweat it if they get updated or not.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

142 vaporware.....bummer

Think I'm just used to it also, it's always been outdated

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Brant, when you go to 142 on EG what does it mean? We will only have to get a new derailleur hanger? Some thing like the Pig X swop outs?
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    Brant, when you go to 142 on EG what does it mean? We will only have to get a new derailleur hanger? Some thing like the Pig X swop outs?
    Will be a complete new seatstay assembly.

I'm not sure really. I think it works great with 135mm QR to be honest.

mtbr member
    I haven't tested it yet but I thing a 12mm axle would be more stable than the QR one. It's like the front, the 15mm or 20mm axle on the fork is better than the 9mm QR. Isn't it?
    Why a completely new seatstay. Couldn't you just make new dérailleur hangers?
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I haven't tested it yet but I thing a 12mm axle would be more stable than the QR one. It's like the front, the 15mm or 20mm axle on the fork is better than the 9mm QR. Isn't it?
    Why a completely new seatstay. Couldn't you just make new dérailleur hangers?
    Do you even know what is 12x142? Its a through axle. Cant just change only hanger. Hanger is just the hanger tab on the drive side.

The wheel drop out is part of the seatstay. And they are 10mm only. Not something that can be retrofit. Go take a look at ur bike rear end.

Unlike some modern frame design, which use a adapter rear drop out system. Those are possible.

mtbr member
    Don't shoot me!
    I thought that the other drop out was with bolts too so with just replacing the drop outs could do the trick...
    Forgive my ignorance....

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Don't shoot me!
    I thought that the other drop out was with bolts too so with just replacing the drop outs could do the trick...
    Forgive my ignorance....
    Dint shoot you...i dont have a gun license. =)

Anyway, you do sound like you never seen a rear odrop out before.

Fyi. The drop out is at both end and is both part of the seat stay....not just one end. removing the hanger do not remove the dropout. This is the same for most bike with qr standard with replaceable hanger. The hanger is not a drop out.

Titus X Light Rail Seatstay
    Here a picture of a titus seatstay with no hanger. Not an EG but they are similar. You see the dropout

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadica View Post
    Dint shoot you...i dont have a gun license. =)

Anyway, you do sound like you never seen a rear odrop out before.

Fyi. The drop out is at both end and is both part of the seat stay....not just one end. removing the hanger do not remove the dropout. This is the same for most bike with qr standard with replaceable hanger. The hanger is not a drop out.

Titus X Light Rail Seatstay
    Here a picture of a titus seatstay with no hanger. Not an EG but they are similar. You see the dropout
    Well, my current bike is a Ragley Blue Pig so no replaceable hangers and it is my first AM bike. Pure steel!
    My friend's Ragley Blue Pig X has replaceable drop outs

El Guapo MK 3 available in a few short weeks!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342343381.907325.jpg

And I thought that was the issue here. You're right, I haven't seen an EG live. I'll be the first one in Greece to have it.
    Last edited by George Gr; 07-15-2012 at 03:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Here is a good explanation of the Syntace 12x142 standard.
    Syntace’s X-12 Dropouts Explained | The Straight Dirt | MountainBike.com

mtbr member
    New colors are out!
    Titus El Guapo Frame with Rockshox Monarch RT3 Shock

Good old orange:

Super Raw

Black

Pearl White

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    George Gr, just a queue for you, if a frame has replaceable dropouts then swapouts are usually in mind during the frame design; single speed, thru axle, standard gears, etc. If a frame is not listed as having replaceable dropouts then those options will not exist. Just assume that a frame will NOT have rear gear/axle options unless you specifically read that it does have replaceable dropouts. Most full suspension frames don't have them as running the as singlespeed is not normally a desire.

mtbr member

The white frame needs the white RS Monarch.

Would look good IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast