FM
    luxatio erecta

El Guapo competition?

Hey guys, not to fan the flames but I thought you might find this interesting- the 2007 devinci Hectik. I took the pictures up at crankworks, looks a lot like the El Guapo. Should be a nice bike!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Hey guys, not to fan the flames but I thought you might find this interesting- the 2007 devinci Hectik. I took the pictures up at crankworks, looks a lot like the El Guapo. Should be a nice bike!
    That 6 inch bike slot is going to get jam packed for sure................ When you get down to it, there is so much choice. A feast really.............Those were some nice looking frames FM.

FM, be a scholar and throw your name on the list to confirm for the Titus ride, you will see the stickey up top.... All good
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    Sweet bike too... dang, that will be a very competed segment indeed.

You know... "if you have less than 6" of travel, you can't ride"

Well... I'm positive you deserve any of the 6" the El Guapo can give out
    Check my Site

thats right living legend

Good Looking Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by FM

But you know, just cause it's gold dosn't mean it's gonna be a good bike?

Really FM...your just so gangsta!

workin' it Administrator
    note that FSR type Devinci's are not allowed in the US as of last time I checked (specialized patent legal mumbojumbo). You get a turner/kona version here so not really the same thing at all. The only way to get an FSR one is to pick one up next time you are in Canada.
    Try this: HTFU

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    note that FSR type Devinci's are not allowed in the US as of last time I checked (specialized patent legal mumbojumbo). You get a turner/kona version here so not really the same thing at all. The only way to get an FSR one is to pick one up next time you are in Canada.
    oh, man... not bashing on you, but let's not open the ole can of worms of HL Vs. SP bikes... please.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I'd think it'd be far cheaper for them to pay the $15 per bike to license it from Specialized than to make the production line for a completely different rear end for the bike. Interesting...

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicider
    I'd think it'd be far cheaper for them to pay the $15 per bike to license it from Specialized than to make the production line for a completely different rear end for the bike. Interesting...
    Dam straight, you would think so.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicider
    I don't think that's really the problem. While Specialized does allow some manufacturers to make HL bikes and pay a licensing fee I don't think this is a general offer open to everyone. It seems to me they only license their patent to high-end low volume manufacturers while not allowing their direct competitors the same option.