Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

El Guapo 29 delay

Very tempted to claim it's Renegade's fault.

It's not of course, but...

I have a new qc process in place following the bb height discrepancy on last El Guapo 26 production which has delayed things a little.

When I have a new production schedule in place, I'll confirm things properly, but as the 7th Jan previously announced "completion" date has passed, I thought it proper to notify the keen Titus customers and prospective customers that the EG29 is going to be delayed a little so that:-

1) The factory can use new jigging methods to ensure consistency.
    2) We can check that those methods have resulted in a frame that's on specification.

I anticipate a 45-60 day delay to the anticipated production date, which pushes completion to early March. We'll undoubtably be offering some wonderful preorder, airfreight, super fast shipment from then - but I'd still imagine END OF MARCH being the earliest anyone could be riding one.

In other news, we are in testing with DSP with their Dueler shocks for possible OE fitment to our frames. Initial reports are very promising.

To confirm - there are no "issues" we have found, but we're wanting to check and ensure it's all bang on and lovely.

Thanks for your interest and patience.

With all the hoopla about 650B, we're keen to get this 29in super trucker out there, to show that the wheel sizes we are supporting is just as contemporary as any out there right now :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Very tempted to claim it's Renegade's fault.

It's not of course, but...

I have a new qc process in place following the bb height discrepancy on last El Guapo 26 production which has delayed things a little.

When I have a new production schedule in place, I'll confirm things properly, but as the 7th Jan previously announced "completion" date has passed, I thought it proper to notify the keen Titus customers and prospective customers that the EG29 is going to be delayed a little so that:-
    ======================
    1) The factory can use new jigging methods to ensure consistency.
    2) We can check that those methods have resulted in a frame that's on specification.
    [B]=================most exellent======================[B]
    I anticipate a 45-60 day delay to the anticipated production date, which pushes completion to early March. We'll undoubtably be offering some wonderful preorder, airfreight, super fast shipment from then - but I'd still imagine END OF MARCH being the earliest anyone could be riding one.

In other news, we are in testing with DSP with their Dueler shocks for possible OE fitment to our frames. Initial reports are very promising.

To confirm - there are no "issues" we have found, but we're wanting to check and ensure it's all bang on and lovely.

Thanks for your interest and patience.

With all the hoopla about 650B, we're keen to get this 29in super trucker out there, to show that the wheel sizes we are supporting is just as contemporary as any out there right now :-)
    good communique
    breezy shade

mtbr member

)
    Oooh the Dueler, I've tested one of those, it reminded me of the old Swinger 6 way, except that it worked. Good news!

Top honesty, looks like my Cotic has a couple of months stay of execution...

mtbr member
    Happy to see some info.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member

Glad you are liking the Dueler!

You can thank me later! I believe Titus would be the first to offer a Titanium spring OE?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Don't get me wrong I love my EG 26 v2, but doesn't look great does it.

Lots of avoidable mistakes of late, do the builders not have a decent QC in place ?

Are Kinesis still building the EG's ?

Anything on discount now sort of has a fishy smell to it, I see the Carbon Rockstars are still on offer price that was due to end on the 9th.

Outcast
    Brant, if this bike is late because you are cleaning up your QC and manufacturing processes, then yes, you can blame me if you want to.
    So you know, I am my worst critic. I manage. and work in an aerospace machine shop. My products are right, or wrong; there is no grey area in between, and the responsibility of the quality is all mine. You [ and I ] are only as good as the last thing folks remember we made for them. I am not just some guy who knows nothing about what it takes to make something.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    You can thank me later! I believe Titus would be the first to offer a Titanium spring OE?
    Wait, coil fits? Thought this EG 29 would be air only...Thats pretty cool, what size is it?

mtbr member
    Are Kinesis still building the EG's ?
    Yes

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    What would be the preferred fork for EG?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    edit: wrong thread sorry, rock on!
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-21-2013 at 03:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    and what have you (on one) do to solve this problem?? bb height discrepancy on last El Guapo 26 production

Have you contact the clients how bought a faulty frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by komondor View Post
    and what have you (on one) do to solve this problem?? bb height discrepancy on last El Guapo 26 production

Have you contact the clients how bought a faulty frame?
    If they are satisfied, then they are satisfied. I don't think they really have an obligation to do anything unless the issue is safety related (which IMHO don't believe this is).

mtbr member
    May 2008
    this might be a language thing, but i thought Brant's post was pretty clear.

26ers are being replaced on request, see the other thread. if they are not all bad it's difficult for titus to do it any other way?
    29ers haven't been released yet so the only problem there is the delay, which is better than selling bad frames..

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have solve my trouble.
    Sold the frame so I do not have any more trouble with it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Geo posted anywhere yet???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Geo posted anywhere yet???
    Details here - The elusive El Guapo 29

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Brant, my mind has a few other curious questions if information is available:

-Bottom Bracket width/compatability type

-Front Derailleur style

-Head Tube lengths

Thanks!

P.S. the new El Guapo stem looks great. First bars and now stem, the El Guapo component line is looking great!

mtbr member

El Guapo 29 delay

So..

It's late March, any news?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Purchased a trance 29er not waiting as I want to be riding. Will consider one in the future maybe.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Brant any update on the 29ers ?
    Are they on the boat ?

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Isn't it end of march soon????

mtbr member
    I was told at Sea Otter that it will be very soon. Whenever you are dealing with taiwanese companies things seem to take much longer, they have more holidays then we do work days it seems. Especially with a new frame, delays are inevitable.

mtbr member

El Guapo 29 delay

Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I was told at Sea Otter that it will be very soon. Whenever you are dealing with taiwanese companies things seem to take much longer, they have more holidays then we do work days it seems. Especially with a new frame, delays are inevitable.
    You really want us to rush this?

Current situation. CCDB shocks are ready. Frame tubes are cut. First production in production completing in next couple of weeks. Then before they are "finished" we check the batch for qc for spec and geometry. Then we finish, then check again. Then we will air freight. Check again. Then offer for sale.
    I would guess mid June at this point.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Will there be a 2013 26" el guapo?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast