mtbr member

EG: shock mounting hardware measurements

Could use some help here to verify the measurements for the shock mounting hardwares for the 09 EG frames
    Is the total width with the reducers 22mm?

Cant be quite sure reading off from my not so accurate calipers as there is also an option for hardwares that measures up to a total of 22.4mm.

Just to double check-- the mounting bolts would be 8mm right? (or at least for the front with the male/female screw thingie, the hole diameter of the reducer seems to be 8mm as well)

Thanks

new shock on the way....need to let them know what hardware to fit in

mtbr member

What shock?

There is a pretty comprehensive list here:
    http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id276.html
    you then have to cross reference their part number to find out the size, if I remember correctly it was 21.8mm. Weird that the 2010 EG has different hardware, same reducers top and bottom.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    They've changed the chart for the 2010. Used to be 22mm for both EGs, I don't think it matters as long as it's not way off.. now that I think about it, I had to undo a ss bolt to get my shock back in the rocker when I tried the kit out.
    Hope they can fix the play issue and get the new kit out soon, it made a huge difference.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. Yup recalled shortly after posting that when I changed the rear eyelet to the enduro bearing kit it was 22mm total width.

if it was less I could probably slide a thin delrin piece in there but if more then i'll be worried.

Too much caffeine in the system to file anything straight

@ Craig -- a 2010 X-fusion Vector HLR with option to custom shim
    Last edited by anvil_den; 12-19-2010 at 11:10 AM.