Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EG Overdose

mtbr member

EG Overdose

Half the world in just 6 days...

The Large for a riding buddy
    and the medium? -- I think the kiddo can use a new bike

searcher
    Nice package. You did the right thing and I kinda hate you for that!
    What kind of shocks are these babies gonna get?
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Friend's planning an 09 DHX spare on his.
    Mine has an option of the RP23 from the first EG or a X-Fusion Vector HLR...if I do build it up soon

Had to really struggled when I saw the sales and at that price, figured it wouldnt last long....

its like getting spares of everything & throwing in a bit extra for a front tri as well...
    Good chance it won't be produced anymore...
    Haven't found another frame that I like...

(the missus just walk past and said I could stop justifying)

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den
    Friend's planning an 09 DHX spare on his.
    Mine has an option of the RP23 from the first EG or a X-Fusion Vector HLR...if I do build it up soon

Had to really struggled when I saw the sales and at that price, figured it wouldnt last long....

its like getting spares of everything & throwing in a bit extra for a front tri as well...
    Good chance it won't be produced anymore...
    Haven't found another frame that I like...

(the missus just walk past and said I could stop justifying)
    I understand you. Even if the missus don't.
    X-Fusion Vector HLR... hmmm. Will be interesting to see you building it up! Don't forget the pics!
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Hey, how much does that large weigh?

NOT Team Sanchez
    I'm tempted, but I wonder if my 08's a better fit for me given it's extra strength, or perhaps perceived strength by virtue of weighing more; what do you guys think?
    I like bikes.

RHRF!
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    I'm tempted, but I wonder if my 08's a better fit for me given it's extra strength, or perhaps perceived strength by virtue of weighing more; what do you guys think?
    For they 'type' of riding (launching?) you do... stick with the burlier 08.
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

NOT Team Sanchez
    Dang Titusbro, all I was looking for was a reason to pull the trigger.......shot down!
    I like bikes.

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Dang Titusbro, all I was looking for was a reason to pull the trigger.......shot down!
    Do we have any info that the '10 is weaker? No we don't. Is it nicer? Yes, it is.
    Do you deserve it? Yes , you do.
    I hope I helped.
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Haven't weigh the large... will check it when back, if my friend hasn't already started putting parts on it

One of the first thing I did last nite was to put the rear on the '10 and my 09 together.. Sure looks nicer but honestly I can't tell if its just as strong. The one on the 09 is much beefier but more welding points. Good strong weldings though.

The Silver EG will be seeing heavy duty....too much time and effort spent on setting up to change things around.
    Orange if build up will be the "lite-strike" evil twin --more for the climbs and enduro type rides.

mtbr member

Mine weighed 6.92 lbs with an RP23

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Hey, how much does that large weigh?
    The front tri on the 09/10's is the same, the rear end is what changed, it saved like 1/2 lb if I remember correctly. The old rectangular tubed rear tri's might have been stiffer but those same triangles were breaking on Motolites remember? I dont use mine for FR but I have done quite a bit of jumping on it and its holding up fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    The new dropout-horstlink piece on the 10' stays has more beef than the old version.

mtbr member
    Got paranoid as I read on...on composing after some self-scaring. figured that either stays are strong enough to probably outlive me

But got these pics for comparison before the calm returned.

Beefiness at the HL/dropout area-- seems like older version is the winner to me, thicker overall and more support (longer, more contact with the chain stays) from the insides.

The potential crack areas near the tail ends have almost the same weldings. I'm not savvy about weldings but the ones on the 09 seems thicker and spread out a little wider which led to my earlier conclusion they were better. Any engineers in the house that can shed some light?

Elsewhere the only significant lack of weld in the '10 is in the upper part of the seatstays but it has welds at the curve area surrounding the seat tube that's lacking in the '09

similar weld for both (and also for the underside behind the main pivot, not shown)

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Sweet pics

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Are the seat stays the same as the Motolite? I remember the drive side being different.
    Last edited by Deerhill; 01-20-2011 at 12:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Credit for pics goes to the iphone4 -- that alone makes it worth getting. Im hopeless with cameras

Seems like my memory just isnt that good kept thinking earlier cracks were with the chain stays....
    the ML alu rear woe seems to be mostly with the drive side seat stay between the cable guide and dropout area and has a square box section. Link

Just checked the 09 EG...its a little tapered (ie triangular cross section) near the dropout area... knocking on it, from the sound it seems thickness of the tube in this area is thicker than in the center.
    Last edited by anvil_den; 01-20-2011 at 07:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Cool to see side by side

Credit for pics goes to the iphone4 -- that alone makes it worth getting. Im hopeless with cameras
    It was damn hard for me to hold out on the EG throughout the first 2 versions, if I had the money, would've bought the first one. Never had any problem with the stay cracking on my ML either.
    Last edited by Deerhill; 01-20-2011 at 03:31 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Has anyone ever broken a Guapo? I've never heard of it.

Chris

mtbr member

I saw a broken 09

It was on Titus's facebook page. Here is a pic. That is the only one I've ever heard of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EG Overdose-broken-eg.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Just noticed something

Is the orange a medium?

Elsewhere the only significant lack of weld in the '10 is in the upper part of the seatstays but it has welds at the curve area surrounding the seat tube that's lacking in the '09

mtbr member
    Chris9702l-- apart from above the only other I know was a hairline crack between the seattube and top tube on an earlier 07.

Deer, mine is the medium....initially had a hard time deciding between that or a small. The silver is a med and nice as a trail bike but thot the small might be a little better for flicking around and doing a bit of urban hopping in the evenings.

Yup, my local titus distro refuse to bring in the 08. He had an 07 but I didnt like that. Started the ball rolling for him on the 09 EG...almost had to put a gun to his head after giving him like 1/2 the payment as deposit to make sure he will bring it in.
    Last edited by anvil_den; 01-20-2011 at 07:11 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Is this accurate:
    2010 - Ano Brown and Ano Orange
    2009 - Ano Green and Ano Silver

mtbr member
    ...wrong description
    The green and orange are powder coated

mtbr member

??????

My Orange EG is painted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    Is this accurate:
    2010 - Ano Brown and Ano Orange
    2009 - Ano Green and Ano Silver
    If it was anodized orange the polished graphics would be off the hook. The orange has a bit of pearl in the clear.

The ano uhh Rootbeer?? got the polished graphics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast