mtbr member

EG: Linkage, LR , Anti Squat etc...

For those that are interested in such things-- here's a look and some comments esp for the 29 EG...

(I used Google Translate for the text from the article, Graphs refer to the link)

" A year ago I commented in the forum On-One had bought Titus, and with the arrival of a new designer we would see some changes in the range of doubles. Well, it's been a while and the truth is that some things are changing, but very slowly. In this post I will talk about the new Titus El Guapo, who receives a small evolution in the 26'' version and the new model 29'' which are beginning to see some major changes a bit.

As you can see the first graphics system 26'' version remains the same. The box has received a couple of changes especially in terms of geometry and some other detail, but that's all. The pedaling efficiency is very good in small dish, but in medium and large plate falls a bit short. In the 29'' model efficiency is a little older, but the difference is not too large. All other parameters are fine: Pedal Kickback is quite small (9 ) while the Brake squat is 56%, getting a system with a good independence from braking.

In the graph we see the leverage ratio as the system is progressive (2.7-2.15) and (3.15-2.5). The 26'' model remains identical to the previous version, while the 29'' model has a Middle LR a bit higher because it uses a shorter buffer, but other than that detail the system will function more about the same."

Titus/On-One/Planet X
    Is that good then?
    --
    brant
    http://www.shedfire.com
    Designing for Titus USA, On-One and Planet X.

mtbr member
    You tell us
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Just something I usually start with when figuring out a bike's suspension... I wouldnt take everything at face value as the "tests" numbers are plugged from a program. Real life riding and diff setup would account for variations...

But yea prelim description here says everything looking good

mtbr member
    Does the brake squat have anything to do with "brake jack" or stiffining of the rear suspension under braking?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Does the brake squat have anything to do with "brake jack" or stiffining of the rear suspension under braking?
    "brake squat" would be a forced compression of the rear suspension caused by braking force.

I am accustomed to "brake jack" referring to a force that causes the suspension to extend/stiffen in such a way as to inhibit it's reaction to terrain. Thus causing wheel skipping/skidding.

If the "brake squat" causes the bike to settle a little lower, but isn't really inhibiting the suspension otherwise, this may be construed as a good thing as that may counter-balance the forward-bias of braking caused by your body wanting to continue forward (*you* don't have retro rockets after all, I think).

Of course, too much "brake squat" could be really bad, but I gotta believe some is actually a pretty good thing to have. I'm thinking of situations where I'd be going down steep n chunky and need to moderate speed - having the bike settle lower would help me keep my CG down, and stay stable, even during braking. If there was zero-brake-squat the natural forces would want to pull me further forward on to the front wheel, extending the rear suspension and making me less inherently stable in that situation.

disclaimer: I'm no mechanical engineer or suspension guru, I just read a lot of crap on the internet and ride bikes a lot.

mtbr member

Thats Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    disclaimer: I'm no mechanical engineer or suspension guru, I just read a lot of crap on the internet and ride bikes a lot.
    Love the disclaimer.

mtbr member
    Bear sums up quite a bit already.. here it adds on a little more on the"brake jack" portion.

I agree with what's said there -- most time when the rear kick me up its more of grabbing too much rear brake, locking wheel up and having it bounce up overrocks/roots. Fingers off the rear brake and I actually had the EG going over what I thought would be be oh sh*t sections in a breeze many times. Just hard trying to keep remembering to fight the instincts during every ride.