mtbr member

Dr. said I need a backiotomy

docta said I need a backiotomy.wmv - YouTube

BUT!! Things are going well with anti-inflamatory meds for now. Did a big ride a few weeks ago and everything went to hell. Ended up with around 25-30 miles of hard xc/am riding and paid for it. I was going to a job the next day that put me on nights so I figured I needed to knock out the miles and have some fun since I wouldn't be on the bike for a few days.

Well after the ride I could tell it was going to be a rough monday. Started out with numbness in the fingers and then the feet. Long story short I have a spinal cord problem that is agrivated buy swelling brought on by impacts and twisting (read air and x/ups)

Things are gravy now. the new anti-inflams are working well. Also have some vikings I can send in if the pain is too much. Have a short time to get alot of riding done in this life. Got back into racing r/c for a month til things calmed down.

Made a trip to a friends shop today 150 miles away, the fires are re-lit and buring bright, new things to come this week.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    docta said I need a backiotomy.wmv - YouTube

BUT!! Things are going well with anti-inflamatory meds for now. Did a big ride a few weeks ago and everything went to hell. Ended up with around 25-30 miles of hard xc/am riding and paid for it. I was going to a job the next day that put me on nights so I figured I needed to knock out the miles and have some fun since I wouldn't be on the bike for a few days.

Well after the ride I could tell it was going to be a rough monday. Started out with numbness in the fingers and then the feet. Long story short I have a spinal cord problem that is agrivated buy swelling brought on by impacts and twisting (read air and x/ups)

Things are gravy now. the new anti-inflams are working well. Also have some vikings I can send in if the pain is too much. Have a short time to get alot of riding done in this life. Got back into racing r/c for a month til things calmed down.

Made a trip to a friends shop today 150 miles away, the fires are re-lit and buring bright, new things to come this week.
    Heal up terrible. Anything neurological, or related to numbness is nothing to mess around with.

ps- I hear there's a revolutionary new drug out, maybe Dr. brant can convince the big wigs at the Titus pharmacy to let you try a prescription
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dr. said I need a backiotomy-picture-48.png  

mtbr member
    Willing patient for new drug test available here...
    Works or not-- no complaints, no lawsuits

Terrible..Don't keep popping those bandaids...
    Get to the root cause. Its when the age thing catches up--you gonna start paying compound interest on the problem if it isnt solved by then.
    Last edited by anvil_den; 11-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Terrible..Don't keep popping those bandaids...
    Get to the root cause. Its when the age thing catches up--you gonna start paying compound interest on the problem if it isnt solved by then.
    being a construction worker (electrician) it's hard to find the time and money to get things like this "fixed". Last dr. said I'm to young to have surgery on it (33 this year) but doesn't make much sense to me. I figured if they can fix it do it now so the healing will be faster. If it keeps acting up next year I'm getting a second opinion from a non-local dr.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    being a construction worker (electrician) it's hard to find the time and money to get things like this "fixed". Last dr. said I'm to young to have surgery on it (33 this year) but doesn't make much sense to me. I figured if they can fix it do it now so the healing will be faster. If it keeps acting up next year I'm getting a second opinion from a non-local dr.
    I probably still have some crack bones all over from shoulder to the digits..but nothing major at this point. Thankfully never had anything near the spine but have seen a few friends suffered and all starts around the time when they hit the big "4".

Been trying out exercise regimes that focuses training on core strength... Clubbells. Abs/ lats and back is key to controlling all those swinging motions. One of the most amazing thing I came across. But in your case I wouldn't say pick up and start swinging... its delicate and it sounds like maybe an impinged nerve from your description---"numbness"

take care.