Thread: Do you see 'em

mtbr member
    May 2005

Do you see 'em

I have been eyeing a Racer-X for a few years now and finally grabbed mine this weekend. I have never seen a Racer-X, let alone a Titus on ANY ride in the last 15 years where I live that I can remember (Los Gatos, CA). No Motolite's, nada. Do you see 'em? Would take the decals off to help keep it that way, but I want the Titus crew to be around for a LONG time.

What is the most common ride in your area and where do you live? Here in NoCal, Santa Cruz is the big dog for sure.

I counted 8 Blurs on my last ride.

G
    Last edited by orthorex; 01-11-2008 at 12:00 PM.

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    I have been eyeing a Racer-X for a few years now and finally grabbed mine this weekend. I have never seen a Racer-X, let alone a Titus on ANY ride in the last 15 years where I live that I can remember (Los Gatos, CA). No Motolite's, nada. Do you see 'em? I counted 8 Blurs on my last ride. Would take the decals off to keep it that way, but I want the Titus crew to be around for a LONG time.

What is the most common ride in your area and where do you live? Here in NoCal, Santa Cruz is the big dog for sure.

G
    well, I've seen a ti racer X going up st joes hill. seen that guy 3 times. I ride st jose if I can't find anybody to do limekiln. but, I ride up limekiln to kennedy down priest rock 2 times a week on my ML. I ride aptos to demo thru demo and back to aptos on most sat. sunday, I ride my supermoto at demo or UC... a guy I ride with has a 06 ML.

some times I do gap or skeggs..... or go to downieville.

I guess i've bumped into 10 or so titus in the last year in this area. you'll see a boat load of RX at an XC race.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I ride Kennedy 3x/week and Limekiln at least tri-monthly for ever. Weird. Never seen your moto. You live in LG?

Heard the other ML (mountian lion) on Montevina 2 weeks ago.

G

the 36 year old grom
    I ride Kennedy 3x/week and Limekiln at least tri-monthly for ever. Weird. Never seen your moto. You live in LG?

Heard the other ML (mountian lion) on Montevina 2 weeks ago.

G
    sunnyvale..... only riding over here is the bay. so I hit up LG for a quicky ride after work, at least during the long days of summer. winter I just get fat and ride on weekends.

Paper or plastic?
    I have been eyeing a Racer-X for a few years now and finally grabbed mine this weekend. I have never seen a Racer-X, let alone a Titus on ANY ride in the last 15 years where I live that I can remember (Los Gatos, CA). No Motolite's, nada. Do you see 'em? Would take the decals off to help keep it that way, but I want the Titus crew to be around for a LONG time.

G
    Last HCW at Mission Peak, there was a Racer X, a Hammerhead 100, a Racer X Ti custom and my ML.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Last HCW at Mission Peak, there was a Racer X, a Hammerhead 100, a Racer X Ti custom and my ML.
    what is HCW?

and how come I never see you around.....

mtbr member

Wink

G
    Great ride!.
    I think Titus is low end at Los Gatos. Guess you got yours at SF.
    Now seriously I've seen them at Old Fremont here and there. Yours is beautifull and that's what you need for the area unless you drive up to demo forest.
    I agree that most people in the bay area though have simple tast and many see Santa Cruz as the ultimate bike (probably beacuse they think it's local)
    Enjoy
    GB

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    what is HCW?

and how come I never see you around.....
    Hill climb Wednesday. These days, I don't get to ride much. At best, I get a wednesday or Thursday ride and a quickie ride on Sunday morning. It's kind of hard to juggle kids, work, working on the house and biking.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

"Its All Good"

G
    Just to jump in on the party here, that is a mighty fine looking Racer X, looks the ducks nuts in Ti. Nice.................. How are you enjoying the ride, since you mentioend it has been a few years wait?

Let us know your thoughts etc.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks. Loved the Moots YBB for years, but there is no comparison to the RX. This bike feels so much more planted on the ups and downs. I am still fiddling with the RP23.

The frame is stiff as a honeymoners chopper.

G