Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DHX coil on El Guapo?

981 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Deerhill 
#1 ·
Anyone running a Fox DHX coil on their El Guapo? I can pick one up locally for a good price (the 5.0), I'm thinking it might be better on the downhills than the stock Monarch. I did a bunch of lift assisted riding this summer and I'm looking at making my EG more downhill oriented. I don't care about the additional weight.

#5 ·
Keep them in the monarch, why not save that shock to swap on longer days?

I use the needle bearings on the rocker side ( have a diff version DHX) and it makes a huge difference, just have to grease once in a while. Good thing about the 5.0 is the info is out there so it's user serviceable

#8 ·
I got the DHX. I need to send my Monarch into Rockshox for repair (leaking air pressure) so it's good timing anyway. If I like the DHX I'll just sell the Monarch. The DHX has had some work done by a local suspension shop. The previous owner was about the same size as me and we ride the same trails but was on a Blur, hopefully the tuning feels good. I pressed out the bushings with a couple of sockets and a vice, it went smoothly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.