mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Derail. Hanger question

So, from Titus I can get a new hanger for $32+ shipping. WoW , that's a high ticket item. I see some knockoffs on E-bay...any good? Anyone have advice other than Titus? Is this $32 one 'new' and improved? I used to pay $23, last year for OEM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Ebay hangers

Hey,
    I'm running one of them now. It seems to work out, haven't had any problems with it. I actually just ordered two more as backups.

Chris

searcher
    I think it costs $25 at Hammerhead Bikes . Check it out.
    Kovi

"El Whatever"
    Yeah... almost any online Titus retailer.

I got mine from Bikerbob. He's got also the SS one. I went for the plain black aluminum one.

Really nice the quality of Titus hangers compared to others. Machined from a forge, anodized... cool. But in the end, a hanger is just that, a hanger. A sacrificable piece of aluminum.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you were suprised at that price, below is an email I received from a certain major US web based retailer for Titus while I was recently chasing up a replacment hanger fo my HCR. Even more amusing, I said in my email to this company that I have contacted Titus and they did not have any available, I was hopeing I could find a shop who had 1 on the shelf.

Copy of email...
    Titus does have the replacement hanger/ dropouts available. One set goes for $70. However, there are two different models for the 05 HCR. One set with two bolt holes and the other with three bolt holes. Give me a call between 10am and 6pm central standard time so I can put the order in for you.Shipping to Australia will be $40!

It was also interesting to see the $1.70 postal stamp on the package that I received from Titus where this company above were going to charge me $40 for freight.

The story ended very well with Titus finding me a second hand one and shipping it to me in Australia at no cost untill there supplier can manufacture more

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

You can get a hanger for $16.99

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    So, from Titus I can get a new hanger for $32+ shipping. WoW , that's a high ticket item. I see some knockoffs on E-bay...any good? Anyone have advice other than Titus? Is this $32 one 'new' and improved? I used to pay $23, last year for OEM.
    I bought one from this guys, at ebay. Got the hanger in few days, and it fits wonderfully. So far (few weeks), had no problem with it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT