searcher

creaky sound from ML

My ML have a creaky sound coming from the area of the rear shock. It sounds like an old armchair, and it also gives me an impression like it was plastic origin, I dont want to sound too stupid here, but it doesn't sound like metal or broken pivot bearings.
    Sometimes the sound disappears, sometimes it comes back just to really f....ing bother me.
    I checked the bushings, and the bearings, they all looked ok, and I only ride the ML for 3 months.
    Can anybody help?
    Kovi

thats right living legend
    Have you checked your seatpost/saddle, mabye pedals? Does it go away when you stand perhaps? Hmm brakes???

the 36 year old grom
    I've had creaking problems. has yet to be a titus issue.
    1. chain ring bolts
    2. pedals
    3. bottom braket
    4. seat/post
    5. spoke/wheel

the most recent one was the spoke. the only reason I found it was that teh spoke finally broke. replaced spoke and its all bretter. but that thing had me stumpped.

so If I was U. I'd start out suspecting the chainring bolts. this is easy just see if it happens to a particular chainring. or gear combo.

then, figure out if it happens while seated or standing or both.

searcher
    Thanks guys!
    It has to be sg with the suspension , because it gives the sound when the rear shock is pushed down.. I thought it maybe the cableshouse as they move in the holders under the top tube. (same thing happened to my Dawg before), I lubed them a bit but the sound came back...Going to make me crazy if I dont find the origin of it.
    Thanks anyway!
    Kovi

mtbr member

Shock mounts and reducers

Did you check the shock mount bolts and the spacers/reducers. I would take it all apart and put a light film of grease on all metal to metal surfaces including bolt threads and where the reducers slide into the shock eyelets. I bet it will go away.

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Thanks guys!
    It has to be sg with the suspension , because it gives the sound when the rear shock is pushed down.. I thought it maybe the cableshouse as they move in the holders under the top tube. (same thing happened to my Dawg before), I lubed them a bit but the sound came back...Going to make me crazy if I dont find the origin of it.
    Thanks anyway!
    I had a creak that was the cable housing trying to rub a hole in my seat tube of my frame.

BB has been the source of alot of my creaks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Oh my God, someone is complaining about a creak
    coming from a bike other than a SC.
    The apocalypse must be near.

Quote Originally Posted by coati
    Oh my God, someone is complaining about a creak
    coming from a bike other than a SC.
    The apocalypse must be near.

Listen dude, no one here that I recall has said anything about Blurs/vpp that hasn't been regarded as common knowledg on these baords. If SC has resolved any issues with premature bearing wear, than thats cool. SC makes great bikes and enough people love and swear by them that even a minor bearing issue won't change that. Hey every bikes prob got something.

But no one here has said anything bad about SC, in fact I think most have gone out of thier way to give the bike the props it deserves. You called something in the Titus build cheap, and it turned out only to be true of the Blur...but nobody thinks/say's it's cheap but YOU!...

I wouldn't have responded, but I'm getting sick of people twisting things around over here to make us "somehow" seem like zealots, when we point out something, which we who "own" the bikes know to be false.

Hope I made that clear...
    Last edited by blackagness; 08-14-2006 at 08:16 PM.

the 36 year old grom
    caoti,
    you need a turner. then you could be jerk_chicken_Jr.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Listen dude, no one here that I recall has said anything about Blurs/vpp that hasn't been regarded as common knowledg on these baords. If SC has resolved any issues with premature bearing wear, than thats cool. SC makes great bikes and enough people love and swear by them that even a minor bearing issue won't change that. Hey every bikes prob got something.

But no one here has said anything bad about SC, in fact I think most have gone out of thier way to give the bike the props it deserves. You called something in the Titus build cheap, and it turned out only to be true of the Blur...but nobody thinks/say's it's cheap but YOU!...

I wouldn't have responded, but I'm getting sick of people twisting things around over here to make us "somehow" seem like zealots, when we point out something, which we who "own" the bikes know to be false.

Hope I made that clear...
    I never said Tituses were cheap. Did you look at my other post ?
    By the way, I have to say thats a cool hat, seriously.
    You dont wear that when youre riding , do you ?

the 36 year old grom
    you dis the bear.......

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaah!

Only when I feel like WINNING!

(I ain't never been nothin but a winner) Paul Bear Bryant...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Only when I feel like WINNING!

(I ain't never been nothin but a winner) Paul Bear Bryant...
    Now that would be a sight to see. My hat - or helmet, rather - goes off to ya !