mtbr member

New question here. Considering joining the family..few questions

I am seriously considering the motolite as it seems to fit my needs more than any other at the moment. Just a few stupid questions. Are any of the racer x parts in the rear end interchangable with the motolite? i am picky about standover clearace so are the quoted SO hieghts on titus sight with the rear suspension n four inch mode with 100mm fork specs and vise versa on 5"? or are they all done with either 4 or 5" modes. I am stuck between choosing a small or x small at 66" tall with 29" inseam. I do like shorter TT and slacker HT angles. The only things of concern on x small is the HT is less than 4" and the seat tube is 15" and on m x-5 i have a 15.4' which I have the SP out (400mm) to safety max. I weigh in at 175lbs and just asking for thoughts on fit also.
    Thanks for time

thats right living legend

I'm Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by rjpstoked
    I am seriously considering the motolite as it seems to fit my needs more than any other at the moment. Just a few stupid questions. Are any of the racer x parts in the rear end interchangable with the motolite? i am picky about standover clearace so are the quoted SO hieghts on titus sight with the rear suspension n four inch mode with 100mm fork specs and vise versa on 5"? or are they all done with either 4 or 5" modes. I am stuck between choosing a small or x small at 66" tall with 29" inseam. I do like shorter TT and slacker HT angles. The only things of concern on x small is the HT is less than 4" and the seat tube is 15" and on m x-5 i have a 15.4' which I have the SP out (400mm) to safety max. I weigh in at 175lbs and just asking for thoughts on fit also.
    Thanks for time

I'm haveing a little trouble following your post for some reason... prob my fault. But as for standover I'm sure you'll be very happy. When the ML first came out it had the most, of any 5" bike on the market.

ಠ_ಠ
    I think you'd be happiest with the small.

The geometry does not change depending the 4" or 5" travel mode - only the leverage on the shock ie. both 4" and 5" mode have the exact same geometry specs.

The 1st generation MotoLite used to use Racer-X chainstay, but Titus switched to the SuperMoto chainstay to increase clearance and stiffness.

Hey duly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    I think you'd be happiest with the small.

The geometry does not change depending the 4" or 5" travel mode - only the leverage on the shock ie. both 4" and 5" mode have the exact same geometry specs.

The 1st generation MotoLite used to use Racer-X chainstay, but Titus switched to the SuperMoto chainstay to increase clearance and stiffness.

I'm glad you haven't given your thoughts about the Pike... I really wasn't intersted, and it's nice not to have your info cluttering up the board.

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    I'm glad you haven't given your thoughts about the Pike... I really wasn't intersted, and it's nice not to have your info cluttering up the board.
    I'm working on it.

...been busy over at the Yeti board

Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    I'm working on it.

...been busy over at the Yeti board

HEE HEE!